Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 LastLast
Like Tree3864Likes

Thread: November frugal friends (2014)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

mrs s prayers for your sister -so sorry hon

-i just got in had a lovey evening out -boy I needed that
    -supper at kelseys (i had a coupon so one of our meals was free16.99) spent 50.00 split the bill with hubb'ys brother and his wife-we girls each had drink to honour our moms whos birthdays are a day part-nice glass of white wine
    -show was free -I had a famous players coupon and used my scene points for the other free movie(took water in my purse) bought popcorn with giftcard i had-so all around free-we saw "interstellar"

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thinking of all the SCers with concerns for health and for loved ones. Typing here is like thinking out loud and it helps to say what thoughts are holding anchor. Sometimes letting go of routines for part of a day or a day is just a way to cope with the unexpected.

Impressed by the SCers whose lists/targeted store or online shopping kept them to their desired shopping goals to make the most of their spending (cash or other money) for Black Friday. I did not go out nor really look at online deals. Spent some time watching the OPP Twitter posts on what was happening on GTA highways.

Slim pickings for dinner-decided to cook the last of the quinoa and added a chicken stock cube and dried rosemary leaves. Will have to see if it's possible to arrange a small grocery shop tomorrow as day will be mild. I'd like to see red meat in my weekly diet but chances are it's more likely to be in a can of chili or soup mix than anything I'd cook for tacos or meatballs. Grocery shopping is an issue at home-not always timely and things tend to run out well before the shopping happens.

Very pleased to get the $1 bleach jug at Cdn Tire as i was thinking it might have sold out. Did a quick walk through temptation (where the boxes of candies/chocolates were) before getting on task and to checkout.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    I know your all busy, if you could spare a moment of time and send some MAJOR prayers our way. My mom called tonite and my sister is on dialysis, her kidneys are failing. were not sure what the day next/week/months/years hold. were praying for her and the best outcome. however. after years of kidney issues, were not holding out much promise besides a transplant..
    i can only assume that if were able most of all we'll be tested for matching.
    i knew i should never have held out promise the whole year would go without incident. but wow.
    sadly she isn't in the same city, so no frequent visits, were going to be doing alot of calls, emails etc to keep up to date.
    all we can do is wait.

TIA for all prayers.
    I will keep her in my prayers.

Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

It's 11 p.m., and I did a very stupid thing. Went to rest my back after supper, husband came as well - and I fell asleep for about an hour! So I've been awake, trying to stay busy, and he has stayed sleeping. I'll try to get to sleep soon, except I know he'll get up when I crawl into bed.

I've mostly been watching online from Kyiv, Ukraine - they've had a live broadcast all night their time - a commemoration of a year from when the protests there went from peaceful to not.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Good morning everyone

I did majority of my Christmas shopping online last wknd (pre-black Friday deals). Got free delivery on everything. Saved time, gas and didn't have to get a babysitter lol.

I am very impressed with amazon.ca as I ordered Saturday and was surprised to find my package at the post office on Monday morning Toys R Us came 2 days later. Not very impressed with Walmart.ca. Had to call Friday morning as I still had not received a confirmation email. Finally my order is being shipped as of Friday night Good thing its not too close to Christmas.

Went to SDM yesterday and did a redemption for $105. Got chocolates, coffees, teas and stocking stuffers to finish off Christmas shopping. Got paper towel and some vitamins as well. Only spent $15 oop.

Wanted to get nuts but were all very expensive at SDM. Went to Walmart and Planters nuts were all on sale for $3.97

Finished Christmas shopping now. Just need to wrap everything lol.

PS: Forgot to mention that I am very happy that we were able to stay within budget and paid cash or points for everything (online purchases I paid cc and then made a cash payment at the bank last week)
    Last edited by bobbiegirl2010; Sun, Nov 30th, 2014 at 08:48 AM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

The 4 yr old slept past 7. I was very grateful. It has been a long time since I had to get up with little people in the morning.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    (((hugs))) Mrs S. prayers for your sister

Lilo prayers for your friend.

Did not get much done yesterday, got laundry done and some stuff here and there but nothing big off my to do list. Kind of feel like me and my body are not getting along right now. Not sure if it is the change in season or what but my ambition is pretty low, or maybe it is just my body screaming for Shut Down.

Supposed to go shopping today, do not think it is a good idea as Mom only got 3 hours of sleep last night, she left everything to the last minute and was up until 5 am working on the stuff for the first Bday party and she still isn't done. Hopefully she gets moving soon as I know it is going to be a rush to get all of this out of the house.

I also remember why I dislike travelling this time of year. Packing is so hard because you have to pack all your big and bulking stuff and it fills your suit case so quickly. I have put one pair of jeans and one sweater and my suit case is half full and I am not even taking my biggest warmest stuff which I probably should due to the area I am travelling too. So much easier to travel too warm climates with light clothing, you can fit so much more in the suit case.

Off to do some cooking to take with me. Hope everyone has a great day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Went to see the neighbour's Xmas tree yesterday. It's certainly a beauty. Lots of live music, lots of folks checking out the vendors, and I even got a little gingerbread man cookie as a souvenir (was hoping to score a treat from the Merci folks, but they were out of samples and were too busy selling their wares to restock, darnit). I'll post some pics later, once the camera recharges and I've downloaded them. Might go visit them again later this afternoon, once the sky is dark (well, it's dark now, but not dark enough to see how pretty the lights are).

Off to run errands this morning, blech, but it's either that or finishing up the closet (think I've just about sorted out the winter & summer clothes ), then on to rejigging the kitchen to find where I hid a few presents (it made sense at the time to put breakables deep in the kitchen island where only I dare go, now comes the hunting down of gifts and clearing out what else is in there, eeek). It's hard to find places to hide presents larger than a dime from visitors in such a small space.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

@MrsSunshine

I spent 2 yrs on dialysis before having a transplant. If you or your sister need someone to talk to about things from the patient's viewpoint, let me know & I'll forward you my contact info. It's not an easy thing to deal with. Sending you & your family lots of prayers & hugs (as hard as it is on the patient, it's always harder on family & friends).
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Sun is out, but that's the only good thing, lol!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Here are a few pictures from yesterday (I'll be headed over later for a hope of free chocolate ).

Here's the big tree:

They went all out & even have a ferris wheel:

Only place I can think of with both gas lamps and neon lit ferris wheels:

Apparently, it's a Polish tradition to have upside down Xmas trees:

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

love the pics Andit thanks for sharing.

thanks all for your prayers. at this point we have no idea what the next step is, testing? waiting?
    im sure we'll know within days. preparing today just in case for a trip for testing. trying to get all my stuff done.
    ironing. laundry. a little tidy up.
    i've already made two prizes for an upcoming family related event.
    were supposed to be getting another warmer day. probably the last one for a long time. i say supposed to as years ago it was like 20 degrees in the middle of december.

anyway for now enjoy your weekend all.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yeah did a use my points up deal today at shoppers-got my camera -Nikon and a few chocolates etc paid only 29.95 in taxes

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and prayers for our friends.
    I have to say as I sit here and catch up, I truly believe that everyone of you is someone I would like in real life. What a great group.
    I just took the twins home, I kept the older one and he will go home tonight. He is Logan's BFF so he spends loads of time with us anyway. Buts it's been 4 days so I am sure he would like to see his own place again.
    I have one more mega redemption, but I wonder if there is anything left.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

So sorry about your friends Lilo. Will keep them in my prayers.

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 LastLast

Thread Information