User Tag List

Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: Dashing December Savings (frugal chatter 2014)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ashely everyone learns differently personally I would want to be walked through the process a million times (lol) because if left alone I would crumble but yet dh sees things once and off he goes, wishing you luck any chance of staying a little longer if necessary?
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Andit hugs to your friend and hope she finds another companion when ready to embrace a new fur baby, losing a pet is really hard I still think of Jasper so often, he was so precious and life changing in many ways.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

good luck with your pre-op Andit

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This morning I need to start packing, register online with foreign affairs for my trip, bake some banana loaves and watch my friends baby girl this afternoon-will take her out for a stroller ride. I guess I better figure out what is for dinner too. DD did some decorating of the tree last night and I think she will finish it after school.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

coupon girl very kind of you to pamper your hairdresser who pampers you, have a great time and enjoy your new do

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Lizzie enjoy your day it sounds pretty busy, when do you live for india?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning my frugal friends,

I have the turkey roasting pan filled with chicken carcasses and turkey carcass on the woodstove (saving hydro). I will finish the soup when I get back late this afternoon from my consultation with the surgeon who will be doing my armpit surgery. Not looking forward to the surgery but will be so excited to no longer have to live in tank tops/sleeveless tops, I miss my long sleeve tops.

Supper tonight for dh & I will be homemade soup with bread (comfort food) and the kiddos will have pizza. Will take advantage of the oven going and make some more muffins as I only have 4 of the 18 large blueberry muffins I made yesterday afternoon , my youngest ate 5 alone yesterday and eldest who doesn't have a sweet tooth even complemented my muffins too (funny thing is it's his recipe from pinterest that he uses for his muffins). I have the blueberries thawing and will also make banana streusel muffins too, and quickly put 1/2 in the freezer this time .

While dh is picking his prescription up I will photocopy our receipts for pills & dental and submit/mail to our insurance companies (hoping to get the reimbursements) before the end of the month to help pay for my fridge repair

Well off to tackle track down my dental insurance information as it has changed since I took my early medical retirement.

Wishing everyone a spectacular day

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I hope I didn't come off as trite in my last post and offend anyone. Lately I haven't been able to respond to individual posts - I feel like so much has happened in a short time, both on the forum and personally. I don't mean to ignore anyone, but am continuously reminded by all of you how great a group this is that everyone can share so openly.

J&C, I'm sorry to hear about your family's drama. Why do relatives have to make things so difficult sometimes? As you can see, you're in good company. We all have bad experiences with family at times, sometimes way worse than others. I know I've had my fair share, and the worst part is when you live with them full-time and the environment is toxic. I remember once I left with the clothes on my back and not much else. I was so fortunate to have a friend's couch to stay on at the time. She was witness to the abuse, so she was happy to oblige.

LizzieBargain, you look like a natural with those babies. I don't envy the mom. LO is teething at the moment, getting those bothersome back molars and she is quite cranky! Every time she has a difficult period, I think "Thank goodness you're not twins!" to myself!

We have a funeral to go to this weekend, a distant relative, who is also distant distance-wise.

We're moving LO to a new daycare and need to buy supplies, including the dishes and forks she eats with during mealtimes.

The car is officially written off. We need to find a new car this weekend. I hate, hate, hate the pressure to spend so much money in 48 hours, plus do all the research! We officially have a week, but dealerships typically take several days to get the car ready. We just bought new snow tires and new all season tires for the car this year. Sigh. Today we're going through the added costs of switching out the new tires we just put on. I think we've had four tire changes this year on a car we're not keeping.

So financially, I'm a bit stressed. This is all happening near Christmas, and of course the insurance won't cover half of what the new car will cost, after all the taxes and "fees". It's pretty annoying that we have to spend several thousands of dollars for an accident that wasn't our fault or that we had any option of avoiding. I'm going to fight for a car seat replacement. The auditor said it wouldn't be covered since the impact points were nowhere near the seat. I really don't think Transport Canada would agree.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I'm pretty sure they owe you a new car seat. The car is a write off- therefore the accident was bad enough.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I'm pretty sure they do as well. Though the damage was only a dent on the passenger side door. Total cost of repairs was $600, but the cost of the labour and the two weeks to do it was several thousand dollars more, enough to write off the car.

The impact pushed the car slightly to the left, not a hard hit by any means. But, a collision is still a collison and I still have to change their no into a yes. We must have got an adjuster with no children. I'm sure any parent would understand.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

[QUOTE=sweet sparrow;6161470]
    We're moving LO to a new daycare and need to buy supplies, including the dishes and forks she eats with during mealtimes.

The car is officially written off. We need to find a new car this weekend. I hate, hate, hate the pressure to spend so much money in 48 hours, plus do all the research! We officially have a week, but dealerships typically take several days to get the car ready. We just bought new snow tires and new all season tires for the car this year. Sigh. Today we're going through the added costs of switching out the new tires we just put on. I think we've had four tire changes this year on a car we're not keeping.

So financially, I'm a bit stressed. This is all happening near Christmas, and of course the insurance won't cover half of what the new car will cost, after all the taxes and "fees". It's pretty annoying that we have to spend several thousands of dollars for an accident that wasn't our fault or that we had any option of avoiding. I'm going to fight for a car seat replacement. The auditor said it wouldn't be covered since the impact points were nowhere near the seat. I really don't think Transport Canada would agree.[/QUOTE

oh hun how stressful, the insurance co./adjuster should be given the receipts for the recent expenses put into the car i.e. tires, etc. because for ex. if you put $4000.00 into repairs and the book value is $10,000.00 you still just put $4000.00 into repairs, I would contact the insurance co. about that directly. And I don't see why a car seat would not be replaced as it was involved in an accident and is no longer as "safe", definitely call transport Canada if for nothing else but peace of mind.

Good luck with your car search and don't be afraid to haggle, I mean really haggle it's such a competitive market and right now they want to clear the 2014's as the new 2015's have in some makes already been released or are soon to be in Jan/Feb. Don't be afraid to walk away but say here's my # incase you change your mind, you just never know.

If you don't mind my asking why do you need to provide dishes for your new daycare? Is she only using throw away dishes or something? And is this childcare provider providing the meals or are you providing the meals?
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Thu, Dec 4th, 2014 at 11:04 AM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    I am glad I am not the average Canadian as I just heard on the radio that the average Canadian is over $20,000.00 in debt not including their mortgage...ouch.
    I can tell you first hand that this is a very scary situation to be in and it happened so easily.... None of our debt is consumer debt either. All vehicle and home repair expenses... Owning a home is definatly not all its cracked up to be. Make sure when buying a house you not only save for a down payment but have a large emergency fund as buying a house is buyer beware!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SS-I remember one time having a car written off and someone tipped me off not to settle for the first price-and once you do agree on the value to say you need them to add the tax onto that as you will be paying tax on a replacement. Very helpful tip for me.I hope you will be happy with your daughter's new daycare!
    J and C-I leave Monday morning and return the following Monday evening and the schedule is packed with parties, dinners, wedding,shopping etc. Must try to sleep on the plane there and back to help deal with the 12.5 hr time difference. Have finished all my vaccines and need to start my malaria pills the day I leave. Just registered with the govt so they can find me in an emergency-most unlikely but when I go to the third world I am more cautious. DH is out in the garage attempting to fix the rear washer on the car as I am sure the dealership would charge us mega bucks to do that. Time to get to the rest of my list as I have been a bit lazy this week!!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Thu, Dec 4th, 2014 at 11:25 AM.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Sounds like everyone is busy today and some dealing with problems they don't really need or want.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information