User Tag List

Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: Dashing December Savings (frugal chatter 2014)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Gifts/poems are done yeah! Our traditional gift giving is Sunday night (Sinterklaas) - each year my extended family all pick names out of the hat. We are required to buy a gift for just one person ($20) limit and have to make a poem to go with the gift. Most of the poems can be hilarious = we just have a ton of fun. And that is it for gift giving for us and then we just focus on Christmas - church, family dinners (usually potluck), music evenings, etc. Very relaxing! I'm just so thankful that we never have to deal with the frenzy!
    I googled (Sinterklass) I'm guessing you are of Dutch.

Sounds like a wonderful Sunday, wishing you and your family a delightful time.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I googled (Sinterklass) I'm guessing you are of Dutch.

Sounds like a wonderful Sunday, wishing you and your family a delightful time.
    Yes we are

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Woohoo!!! D has a new roommate and Holly has a home!

Finally, something seems to be going right. Oh, & I was the one who suggested the name in honour of the season.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

So far Holly is settling in nicely (she was a bit skittish at first, but as of late last night, she was tearing around the house exploring). D is still devastated over the loss of Gracie, but Holly is a cute distraction, especially since I think she's going to be the type to get into a little bit of mischief.

Off to the hospital again, here's hoping I don't get bumped today. At least not by an emergency. Quincy cat has already bumped into me during his morning psycho cat exercise routine.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Good morning, everyone.

So far Holly is settling in nicely (she was a bit skittish at first, but as of late last night, she was tearing around the house exploring). D is still devastated over the loss of Gracie, but Holly is a cute distraction, especially since I think she's going to be the type to get into a little bit of mischief.

Off to the hospital again, here's hoping I don't get bumped today. At least not by an emergency. Quincy cat has already bumped into me during his morning psycho cat exercise routine.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Good luck today. I am sure Holly & your BF will be very happy together.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Off to Cambridge today to visit my MIL, Swiss Chalet for lunch (her treat) and maybe some shopping. Hope everyone has a fantastic day.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Crochetlady's birthday today!

Post greetings here:

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/396263-...a/#post6162918

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning. Once I drop my high schooler off we are off to the arena. Silver stick hockey tournament

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Have a wonderful time mac and enjoy the treat

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Andit wishing D and Holly a wonderful life together, please post a picture so we can see what miss Holly looks like. And good luck today

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Happy Birthday to crochetlady

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

FBM have fun at the tournament

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning all,

Dh is gone to his massage appointment, hoping it gives him some much needed relief.

As I've mentioned before our youngest who is 11 and soon to be 12 is not easy to shop for. I should be grateful that he doesn't want anything which means he is content with what he has and is not needing/wanting anything HOWEVER it makes holidays and celebrations very difficult as you can imagine.

He likes to cook & bake and when we were watching a show he mentioned that he might enjoy an ice cream maker . So dh has it set in his mind that he is going to get him an ice cream maker....I should be happy that dh wants to be involved in the Christmas shopping this year but......sigh....he tends to buy things that he likes and not necessarily what the kids want....I will explain.

The ice cream maker is a good idea but it would be the only gift that Logan would get given the high price for the kitchenaid one which is what dh wants to buy. I don't think dh has a clue what it costs but anyways, time will tell as this is his mission today. He also wants to buy stocking stuffers again I should be happy but he wants to buy them stuff for hunting and that's fine, however, the things he wants to buy them I know they will not want or appreciate.

1 year at Easter dh said I'll take care of the Easter bunny, well that did not go over well as dh bought all the treats he likes and the boys were not happy as they don't like those types of candies, chocolates, etc.

Anyways long story short hubby got upset this am and said why do you criticize what I want to buy them, it's not right that you are the one who picks and chooses what they get okay fair enough, so I don't know if he will venture out for the ice cream machine and stocking stuffers as he was a little peeved, time will tell as they say. And don't even get me started on the budget, yes Christmas comes once a year and I love it but if you have a budgeted amount and go over what's the point of budgeting??

I'm supposed to bake this am but I feel guilty about the stockings etc and upset because I know he is wasting our $ on things that the kids won't want or use but I've got to let it go.....big breath.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Jasperandchar, would it be possible to put the ice cream maker under the tree to the family from Santa and get the boys smaller gifts from yourselves? My husband and I are like you, Jayden loves hunting but my husband spends way too much money on hunting toys for the two of them and it makes me crazy. We process our own wild game and my husband asked for a 1500.00 meat grinder,really? I love him dearly but I told him to buy his own damn meat grinder!!!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Nancy: Hopefully someday the boys will appreciate their dads attempt to participate in the shopping. One year my dad decided to go to the local department store (we lived in a very small town) to buy gifts, years later we can all laugh at the University of (insert the tiny town name here) matching t-shirts he bought us. I am pretty sure we did not appreciate them at the time. Now it makes for great story. His gift choosing has improved dramatically. Fast forward thirty years & last year he bought me the princess charm for my Pandora bracelet for Christmas.

Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information