User Tag List

Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: Dashing December Savings (frugal chatter 2014)

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Since it's such a dark gloomy day here....

For centuries, there has been a light show in Lyon, France. Here is a sample of this year's show:

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Hope you feel better today Sweet Sparrow, rest as much as you can!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning friends,

Yesterday was a busy day, I went with dh to his nerve conduction test, then we went to Costco (eek that places is always so busy and I have no patience), then to Christmas shopping for MIL and santa presents for Logan .

So tired Chester woke me up at 130am, 330 am and 530 am to go outside and needless to say he didn't really pee that much (I felt like a zombie this am).

Wiped down the stainless steel appliances this am, 1 load of laundry is washed and hanging to dry, called DTC for the boys status updates.....geez started these applications in March and well still not done but apparently their applications are assigned and sent to HQ, so hopefully I hear something soon.

Well off the races and will post the pecan pie muffin recipe later
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Hope you feel better today Sweet Sparrow, rest as much as you can!!
    Thank you for the well wishes!

Each time we have a cold that runs through the entire house like this, several boxes of tissue disappear, several rolls of toilet paper, cough drops, etc.

On the list to get this week is a bottle of Buckley', milk, and some Tylenol tablets.

I'm seriously considering taking LO off cloth diapers. Her daycare has no idea what to do with them. She often has her pants handed back to me in a bag and they say she's had an "accident".

Me: Where's her diaper cover?
    Them: What diaper cover?
    Me: The plastic cover that goes over her diaper so she stays dry?
    Them: Uh....(pulls from cupboard) is that what this is?

Yes, I have shown them all how to put the diaper cover on. Yes, sometimes I do get LO home and it's on backwards. No, you cannot wrap a towel on a baby (what her diaper looks like) and expect her not to have an accident. (insert baby face palm here)

Maybe it's the intern doing it, but someone is not training properly. Oh dear. Most times her diaper cover is put on but doesn't cover the entire diaper, so it's the same thing... Wetness gets out. It's sort of funny, but LO suffers with wet pants until they notice, poor thing.

Crumbs. I forgot to check this week's menu. She's got a terrible cold. It's bad enough that they feed her deep fried chicken burgers, but even worse when she has a scratchy throat. It'll send her into coughing fits.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I had a cold that lasted for weeks. I had to take a day off work since my head was so heavy and stuffed I couldn't breath and was coughing like crazy. So happy I feel so much better finally! That crazy time of year!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quiet day on here, everyone must be busy BUT I'm exhausted because of my stupid dog and his wanting to go outside in the middle of the night...makes me think back to the random hours spent breast feeding (lol)

Potatoes are peeled and cooking on the woodstove , will mash them once cooked. Bbqing moose steak tonight and need to figure out the next few days for meal planning....thinking spaghetti tomorrow but time will tell.

Really wishing I could take a nap but I can't nap never really could only when really down and out with a flu or such.

Anyways wishing everyone a wonderful afternoon and evening.

ANYONE want TO POST Inquring Minds Want to Know

OR

QUESTION OF THE DAY????

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Yipee! I finally finished the towel order. Pulled 20 from the stock pile and did the other 20. Will try to get them delivered tomorrow. It`ll feel good to get her off my back. My arm is feeling much better today. Will do 2 more today that I`ll give as gifts and then I think I`ll take a break.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

oh one of those days. feeling drained as well.
    having someone coming tonite for a pick up.
    then adding a purchase myself.
    have to work on a prize for an event this weekend. already have my outfit worked out. need to make sure dh has his suit cleaned/pressed.
    then to initiate a clean up here.
    been looking through flyers. nothing exciting. only need a ham for xmas dinner.
    oh and have to get to post office to mail cards.
    need a coffee. and a nap.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ohh my goodness ladies -I went to the mall to finish up -it wasnt bad -got to the mall right at 9.00 a.m when it opened
    -I just shopped til I dropped 4 and a half hours -i got a bit motional -cause my mom and I use to go to the mall at least once a month when she was well -so I thought of her as i ate my free sub yep bought a 25.00 gift card subway for my son-in-law for xmas -then you get a free6 inch (thanks cath for the tip hon)of course yo have to eat it right there
    -I had excellent service go myself 2 tops -cleo 11.00 and old navy 9.00-treat for me
    -bragged abut it in brag section
    -now to relax-and go to son,s for 5.00 they are taking us out for supper with ashlyn

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I've been quite busy today cleaning, moving stuff and decorating for Christmas. Why does it seem like I am still organizing stuff even though we moved in April? It takes forever to downsize it seems although I did find some more items to post for sale
    Hope everyone has a great night.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I didnt' know you moved mac congrats to you, there are a few ladies on here still unpacking that can understandably relate, here's wishing you all patience and perseverance in your unpacking, organizing etc. and making your new homes homey

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Well I ventured out shopping on my own for an hour, first time since my angioplasty and stents. Wow am I weak, just from resting the last week and half.Glad i did it though but it will be a quiet night tonight, was going to bake some cookies for Jayden's lunches but will do tomorrow, this pacing yourself is tough when you are used to being a super high energy person!
    Great shopping Coupon girl, I read your brag!!
    Macaw, I know what you mean, I thought I really went through the christmas stuff last year but I still dropped a big box off at the Sally ann store last month. I think we just collect too much stuff!!

Question of the Day
    Does anyone have any new strategies or resolutions for the New Year to save more money?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Question of the Day
    Does anyone have any new strategies or resolutions for the New Year to save more money?
    I guess with my health scare we have a lot of changing to do in the diet department. We have always been fairly healthy eaters but do enjoy our splurges now and then. I am going to implement less meat in our diet which hopefully equates to money saved!! More beans and legumes but also more veggies so that may cancel out the savings on meats. Last year we did do better cutting processed foods out but we could do better so that is a money saver too. I really plan to only buy groceries on sale, I find they have gone up so much in the last six months that I will really watch carefully when I menu plan.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

J&C & TG Thanks for the congrats J&C. We downsized house size but not yard size...gone from a two story to a one story...so much nicer...no stairs. I went through stuff before we moved (or so I thought) and donated it. I just went through Christmas stuff too and donated mine to St. Vincent.

Question of the Day

Not to buy any material items unless it is broken or needs to be replaced...does not include grocery items though.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

macw -I agree don't buy it unless its broken or needs replaced
    -well ent t a pub wit son/wife and ashlyn and my hubby(hubby and I decided to order cheaper meal so got the 5.00 hamburger special with fries came to 10.00 each /son got the special but his wife got wings/cesar salad "ashlyn" was good she played with a few toys-ate berries after a small pasta for her (which we both will have for lunch on wednesday)
    got an early morning gotta be there at 6.00 a.m

Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information