User Tag List

Page 30 of 58 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
Like Tree6265Likes

Thread: Dashing December Savings (frugal chatter 2014)

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Well, folks! Back home here in Chatham! We had to cancel our trip to Denver. We made it as far as 10 hours before our flight and my dh announced that he'd been having some dizziness which he had been hoping would go away - but it hadn't. After the invasive testing that he had done on Friday (with good results) and the sore throat he has - and then the very scary dizziness, he said he didn't think he could make the trip - so I stayed up and got everything cancelled and we headed home today. So our trip to the US was VERY short. We're home and he'll just chill until he gets to see our doctor on Thursday unless I can get the appointment sooner. His kids and grandkids were, of course, very disappointed (as were we) but better safe than sorry! So I'm pooped and haven't had time to catch up on posts. (Oh, another surprise was that I went into a store and bought a fist-ful of GC that we were going to mail while we were in the States. - My Visa refused the transaction but I managed to use my MC.- Then we ran around looking for a Post Office only to remember that it was SUNDAY and they weren't open. When I got home I had a "security call" from Visa - because it was such a big purchase, and I hadn't told them I was leaving the country, they put a stop on it. - good to know they do that.)
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

oh Avon.. how disappointing, however better safe than sorry..
    get dh taken care of, christmas can always be celebrated on a different day.
    nice to to know the CC company gave you a heads up.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I don`t stock pile like I used to. Got sloppy with rotating canned goods and ended up throwing some out. If I get down to 3 jars of pb though I`m on the hunt for sales. That is a staple in this house...my go to if I don`t know what to eat.
    PB - ME TOO! My dh teases me. Always combined with milk cause that releases the proteins and also bananas if we have them. Doggies LOVE PB and Banana!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

At Frankfurt airport waiting for the Calgary flight-what a great, if exhausting time! I do believe I finished my Xmas shopping. I got on Skype in the doorway of a shop in India (to keep the signal) and the guy kept bringing things for DD to choose-quite a different shopping experience.Avon hope your DH is better soon.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Well, folks! Back home here in Chatham! We had to cancel our trip to Denver. We made it as far as 10 hours before our flight and my dh announced that he'd been having some dizziness which he had been hoping would go away - but it hadn't. After the invasive testing that he had done on Friday (with good results) and the sore throat he has - and then the very scary dizziness, he said he didn't think he could make the trip - so I stayed up and got everything cancelled and we headed home today. So our trip to the US was VERY short. We're home and he'll just chill until he gets to see our doctor on Thursday unless I can get the appointment sooner. His kids and grandkids were, of course, very disappointed (as were we) but better safe than sorry! So I'm pooped and haven't had time to catch up on posts. (Oh, another surprise was that I went into a store and bought a fist-ful of GC that we were going to mail while we were in the States. - My Visa refused the transaction but I managed to use my MC.- Then we ran around looking for a Post Office only to remember that it was SUNDAY and they weren't open. When I got home I had a "security call" from Visa - because it was such a big purchase, and I hadn't told them I was leaving the country, they put a stop on it. - good to know they do that.)
    Well. that must be really disappointing for everyone involved buy it is better to be safe than sorry. Hopefully there is nothing more serious going on with your DH.

It was nice that Visa was looking out after you though.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Avon hope your hubby feels better.

Safe travels Lizzie

Whenever I travel I let my banks know where I am going so I do not have issues using my cards. Last thing I want is to be away and have my credit card shut down (not that I really use them, I am that person who comes back declaring nothing because I talk myself out of every purchase) but I always worry that there could be an emergency and my cards will not work so better safe than sorry.

So I totally cheated yesterday, Mom was working till 7 but said she would pick up dinner on they way home because I was not feeling well. I constantly feel like I am overtired which makes me sick but I am sleeping so I do not get it. But I decided I would cook but in all honesty I had zero patients or ambition so I decided to let our baby food processor do all the work for me. Normally I love chopping I find it relaxing but yesterday yeah no it was not going to happen. So I let the mini food processor chop my carrots, celery, mushrooms and garlic for my pasta sauce. I found an older freezer burnt park of ground beef so I let my sauce simmer for a couple hours to completely break down the meat. So we now have a large batch of meat sauce in our fridge to use up this week or put in the freezer for later use.

Time to get back to work 4 days and counting until Shut Down. Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I had to wait before I posted as I had to look for the bright side first. I guess I should have checked into things a bit more but DH's medical coverage through work is not going to cover the whole cost of my motorized wheelchair so now we have to come up with $1403.00. At least the government covered 75% & his medical payed almost half of the rest. The price I pay for comfort I guess. I can claim the amount we pay on income tax and they do cover my drugs with an exception of the dispensing fee.

We could have bought a new used car for the price they charged. I guess I will work on our budget again...thought I had it worked out. On a brighter note and with my fingers crossed hopefully nothing else pops up unexpectedly.

I just plan on puttering around here today getting some odds and ends done. Need to wrap Christmas presents and get some cards out before anything else though. I don't have to really cook anything as the fridge is still full.

Hope everyone has a super day as I am off to get some things done.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

avon thank goodness your dh spoke up, last thing anyone wants to happen is being sick in another country. The disappointment will wear off I am sure but his health is so much more important. hugs to you and your dh.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Lizzie safe trip home, your trip sounds like it was amazing

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

mac hoping nothing more unexpected pops up

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning (afternoon?), everyone.

Just got back from getting bloodwork done. Boy, were the patients cranky. One even started yelling at a nurse. I was not impressed (hey, we're all in less than perfect health, why aggravate your health even more - I got some dirty looks for that crack ). On the plus side, all the staff know me (even the ones who have nothing to do with my healthcare) & were only too happy to chat with me & make the cranky one wait an extra minute or so.

Then, I went to the post office to pick up my Mom's Xmas present that was supposed to be delivered to my door, except I was apparently on the phone with someone trying to sell me something for all of 30 seconds when they tried to call me (only phone call I had at the time on the notice). On the plus side, I now have the present, just have to wrap it, & all my Xmas shopping & wrapping is done. I'll still do some baking at some point this week (depends on whether company comes) and I will likely be drafted into helping with baking while recovering from the surgery (I wonder how well gingerbread men wearing eye patches would go over? ).

Brats are waiting patiently in front of the fridge, willing it to bring them something yummy. It would appear they are starving again cause they didn't get a mid-morning snack.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well dh is gone Christmas shopping for me today, apparently my 2 boys had already done their shopping for me while out with their uncle (blush) a while ago so proud of them not leaving it to the last minute .

Dinner tonight is hot italian sausages on a bun. I went to pick up hotdog buns yesterday $4.79 and just about fell on my ass so chose fresh buns from the bulk which was way cheaper....just doesn't make any sense to me.

Still slacking on my meal plan so that is my task for the day, may include the kiddos in the decisions as this way I can try and please Most of the group give er take 1 person

Wishing everyone a wonderful afternoon

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Aw that`s too bad. Sometimes comfort and mobility is worth it though. Looking on the bright side, at least your dh has some coverage. Since hubby retired we don`t have any coverage except what the govt pays.

Finally remembered to bring the tree downstairs. Tweaked a couple branches and done in less than 2 minutes.
    Andit, Ciel, macw1960 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

There is some hope yet as I was able to find out that it wasn't processed as an electric wheelchair so I should be covered...just have wait for them to call me back sometime.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Here`s hoping they cover it.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Page 30 of 58 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread Information