User Tag List

Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

This morning I received a text booking for Friday, school 40min away. Just now I received a phone call from the local high school to teaching 12:20-3:30pm today. Plans certainly change quickly. I'd better continue getting LO and I ready for the day and our new plans.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well our school buses were cancelled today. Figures. Hope my highschooler cleans the basement as asked. Not a bad start to the day at work today. Was really dreading it last night but wasn't so bad. Hope everyone is having a great start to the week.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Today I have to do some returns and it is sooo cold outside! Have to learn to stop buying off the internet.

BTW if anyone is interested in earning cash from shopping online....I belong to ebates.ca and it really does work. I can refer you and we both get $5 I think. They send out cheques quarterly and most Canadian retailers are included - ebay, amazon, bay, walmart. Great way to get extra cash for doing what you would normally do online.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yeah I have a few returns sitting in my shopping bin in my garage. Will have to pick a day on my lunch to do them.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Another oldie here, I'm 53 and 11/12! For our birthday cakes, it was a nickel wrapped in wax paper for birthdays.

I know what Epiphany cake (Three Kings cake) is and the traditions; it's usually a cake with candied fruit in it.

In our tradition (Ukrainian Catholic), we have the blessing of water on the eve of Epiphany, then on Epiphany have similar foods to what we would have on Christmas.

Well, our son just left - he was here for supper and a visit. Had a huge meal, gave him lots to take home, plus some groceries, sweets, etc. He's got a week of holidays this week, which he much deserves. My husband is also off for this week. Lucky me! I don't know what I'll do with myself once he's back to work! Plus, he's so relaxed and wonderful!
    Have a great time with your 2 men on holidays and well deserved indeed.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Good luck Mrs. S. with your applications and new hobby
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Angela you are off to a great start for January

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

This is the 4th no spend day so far this month going to try and only go out on planned trips with several errands and appointments, etc....wish me luck.

The house is starting to look another more normal, need to run out and get the box for the Christmas tree and then the painful task of wrapping ornaments that don't have boxes.

Dh has done a few things in Jaden's soon to be new room but is having difficulty getting his snow-blower going and he needs to get it going in order to put the new driveshaft on.

We did the budget for the month and I was able to give Mr. Harper some $ for my 2014 income tax installments, it's so hard to get ahead of the game but slowly but surely we'll get there a few dollars at time.

Wishing everyone a superb day and may it be as frugal as possible

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well. my plans went. pppfftt.
    im not sure if i have pre meno insomnia or what, went to bed exhausted and couldn't sleep. another night tossing and turning.
    when i tried to get up this morning. i couldn't stay awake.
    so i didn't. fell back to sleep for 3 solid hours. felt good.
    100x better. guess theres always tomorrow.
    give me a little more time to prepare.
    thanks for the well wishes. i'll use them tomorrow

its freakin cold out anyway.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well J and C by my calendar it is only Jan 5 and if you have already had 4 no spend days this month that is very impressive!

DH and I had a free $100 gift card to use for Costco so we had lots of fun with that. First we filled up the tank for 74.9 per litre( it feels like 20 or 30 years since gas has been that cheap and also the best price in Calgary at the moment I think-even though we are not members they allowed one fill on our gift card-not that they have our name so I would think we could fill up there now and again on a gift card). Then we went inside to spend the rest on various grocery items so had some fun choosing what we wanted to buy. I was a little over and they took my cash for the overage no problem although they might have given me a hard time if I was $100 over and either tried to get me to buy a membership or put some items back. Don't feel it is worth it for our small family to have a membership but it is fun to go now and again with a friend or a gift card.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Mrs S-have you considered asking your doc for an Rx for sleeping pills? They are great for occasional use like travel or resting up for a job interview when you may otherwise toss and turn all night. Best of luck tomorrow!!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

lol no Lizzie. sadly i think it has more to do with two kids who kept me up half the night, part of it had to with the hot flashes as well.
    my list for the dr. is a mile long.. wouldnt' be surprised if he asked me not to come back LOL
    im going to try and bust my butt and clean the house. so by the time bed time comes im ready.
    i was pleasantly surprised to find my son had done the dishes and cleaned the kitchen when I did get up.
    it appears my meeting worked. baby steps.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Have a great time with your 2 men on holidays and well deserved indeed.
    Thanks! Oh, but my son messaged me at 9 a.m. and said work called to ask him to come in, two guys had called in sick. He said he'd ask to work this week, and get next off - he wants a whole week stretch off!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    well. my plans went. pppfftt.
    im not sure if i have pre meno insomnia or what, went to bed exhausted and couldn't sleep. another night tossing and turning.
    when i tried to get up this morning. i couldn't stay awake.
    so i didn't. fell back to sleep for 3 solid hours. felt good.
    100x better. guess theres always tomorrow.
    give me a little more time to prepare.
    thanks for the well wishes. i'll use them tomorrow

its freakin cold out anyway.
    Oh, sorry to hear about someone else with sleep troubles! If you haven't already, get your hormone levels checked by your gynecologist, then you will be able to see where you stand.

Usually I have trouble staying asleep, but last night I couldn't get to sleep... so it was bass-ackwards for me!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Did not get to the secondhand store for a coat. Was waiting 10min at the bus stop after noon and well, even with the sun out, I was cold. Memories of January 2014 (2-3 weeks of windchil) came back and so did sense-went back home. Will wait for milder temperatures (not this week!)to try another time.

Really appreciate my foresight in going out yesterday!

Floated the idea of my brother letting his Costco membership lapse when it expires this spring. He was not amused. It would help with the plastics issue-so much packaging comes in-and also prevent Dad from using the family member card (he does not need club packs of anything, then he complains about money).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Natalka I agree with Milan it would be nice to have the whole week off hopefully they can work something out. There is a horrible virus/bug going around those guys that called in sick may be out for a while.

Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread Information