User Tag List

Page 12 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Did not get to the secondhand store for a coat. Was waiting 10min at the bus stop after noon and well, even with the sun out, I was cold. Memories of January 2014 (2-3 weeks of windchil) came back and so did sense-went back home. Will wait for milder temperatures (not this week!)to try another time.

Really appreciate my foresight in going out yesterday!

Floated the idea of my brother letting his Costco membership lapse when it expires this spring. He was not amused. It would help with the plastics issue-so much packaging comes in-and also prevent Dad from using the family member card (he does not need club packs of anything, then he complains about money).
    Stay warm Ciel.

If find many items at Costco are way more expensive especially considering the bulk packages .

We just renewed after not having a membership for 5 years but we only renewed because of the cheap propane costs, fil used to bring our tanks to get filled for us but after having him to do like 10 trips this past year we figured we better just bite the bullet and get the membership.

Hope you find a great coat and at wonderful price my dear
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Jaden came home from school not feeling well, he is napping and dh is going to take him to get checkout at 745pm they have an appointment booked at a walk in clinic, I thought it was just that bad cold that has been going around but it's been 2.5 weeks and he wants to see the doctor to we'll see what they say.

I need to upload my receipts to checkout 51 and snap save tonight, I will do that when the guys are out.

I am glad to say the Christmas tree is down and it's box all sealed up and I will bring out to the garage tomorrow am once the kiddos are off to school.

Dh was in need of a few rubbermaids so I suggested he go through some of his bins and I'm happy to report he has emptied out 2 bins which he quickly filled up with vhs movies (so you win some you loose some). he still has about 6 large rubbermaids to go through until I dig out the rest from under stairs but it's all baby steps.

Wishing everyone a great evening and stay warm

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

When I signed for my school key for the afternoon I discovered that I was the ONLY substitute teacher in the school today. It's a nice feeling, especially since I don't teach in this school very often...simply because they usually call when I am already booked to teach at another school.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Nancy: I am trying the no spend day challenge as well. I am at 3 days this month. Today I bought clearance glutano bars for 1.27. Since they are usually 5-6 bucks a box I could not pass them up for the sake of my challenge. They are for a friend as her middle child is GF.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

I have a bone to pick with Mother Nature - she keeps turning up the AC! Even my neighbour who LOVES winter is complaining about the cold.

Managed to get my parcel yesterday - I gave up waiting for the bus after 5 minutes & zigzagged my way over (kept popping into stores every half block to stay warm). I popped into a coffee shop near the post office on the way back to thaw out. Of course, it would have been more prudent of me to sip on hot chocolate instead of diet Coke, but at least the caffeine gave me the energy to get back home quickly.

Today is food prep day. Or clean the floors day. Or take endless naps day. Not sure yet. One thing for certain, there will be some playtime with critters thrown in, whether I like it or not.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all . chilly but nice here.
    cashing for a 5.00 gc from swagbucks this am .
    I am working on my garden plans for the spring. so many good choices to be made.
    hugs to all
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Just a friendly reminder that today is 10% off day at Sobeys. I plan on redeeming $30 in AM while I am there today. I had to submit a ticket to AM because I didn't get my prescription AM in mid-December and they finally credited them to my account...hence the AM that are now available to redeem. I should maybe keep track of all of my AM receipts to make sure they appear, but I know that my prescription ones are the highest value to me.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Nice article for our group-you can subscribe to this online newsletter for free and there are always interesting things to read. For those who are out of work at the moment you may not yet be able to save but hopefully in the future.

http://www.boomerandecho.com/what-wi...ore-this-year/
    Thanks for this Lizzie, there are some interesting articles, spent a bit of time reading!!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hope everyone is having a great start to their day. Since yesterday the buses were cancelled today was our 1st day back to school and I'm happy to report it went smooth! My DS didn't stay in the shower too long and was ready to go. Yippee! Garbage went out to the curb. Taco meat was pulled from the freezer and is in the fridge ready to heat up. Will shred lettuce, cheese etc. quickly when I get home to make the kids tacos. I'm thinking fish on the bbq with leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Will grab romaine at lunch today since it is the last day for the Giant Tiger flyer (3 romaine hearts for $1.88) so will make salad for tonight too. Thinking chicken tomorrow night since we stocked up on the weekend. Will defrost it and season it tonight and put in baking dish covered with tinfoil and have DS pop in oven tomorrow night 30 mins before I leave work. Will get sides ready tonight to go with it.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tonight I'm going to make myself go in the storage room after dinner for 30 mins minimum and start cleaning/organizing. I just need to get at it. Will start with moving my stockpile and organizing it. Will bring a garbage bag and box with me and put stuff to sell in box and bring up when full and post right away. I'm on a mission.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Just a friendly reminder that today is 10% off day at Sobeys. I plan on redeeming $30 in AM while I am there today. I had to submit a ticket to AM because I didn't get my prescription AM in mid-December and they finally credited them to my account...hence the AM that are now available to redeem. I should maybe keep track of all of my AM receipts to make sure they appear, but I know that my prescription ones are the highest value to me.
    Thanks for the reminder Angela about 10% Tuesday, need to get the chicken that is on sale today, 10% off makes it so much better, will spend 50.00 to get my discount and use 30.00 air miles cash for a frugal grocery trip!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Anyone get the frozen chicken breasts from RCSS this week? 3 KG for $13.10? I usually don't like this but we bought a box and it was good (great for pasta- cooked in chunks in a pan to add, on the bbq and my honey made chicken parm last night with it and if was fantastic) So we bought more since we had PC offers. Paid $52.40 for 4 boxes and received 20,000 pts! Wonder if we should have bought more!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Anyone get the frozen chicken breasts from RCSS this week? 3 KG for $13.10? I usually don't like this but we bought a box and it was good (great for pasta- cooked in chunks in a pan to add, on the bbq and my honey made chicken parm last night with it and if was fantastic) So we bought more since we had PC offers. Paid $52.40 for 4 boxes and received 20,000 pts! Wonder if we should have bought more!
    Wow that is a deal even if it isn't that great it would still be good for stir fry, stew and other braised recipes. Alberta is so much higher than Ontario for food, going to check my SS flyer to see if they have it offered here!!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

good day all.. well finally made it to the job. went well. we'll see how that goes.
    then went to Michael's. had a $30 GC
    ended up getting 4 rolls of yard, reg. $9.99- $2.99, then grabbed a pack of crochet hooks, $14.99.
    they had a $.30 bin, so grabbed a calendar, a student planner.
    then used my spend $25 save $5. it came to $25- so i threw in a memory box.
    OOP $1.76.
    quite pleased

now i just have to start crocheting. lol
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

gogogo FPC Pepperidge farms via Save.ca posted originally by MrsSaver, here's the link to the thread posted by MrsSaver but not the link to save.ca

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/397627-...a/#post6251357

Page 12 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread Information