User Tag List

Page 15 of 71 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast
Like Tree8085Likes

Thread: Just chilling in January (2015 frugal chatter)

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well good hump day all. wow. winter/snow has officially hit here.
    its crazy. school buses were cancelled... which led to complete mayhem on a local facebook site. its a debate about teachers/driving/ etc.
    im sure you can imagine the while thing.
    meanwhile. were in canada eh.
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 6 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I got called to teach at 7:30 this morning to teach 40min away. I was still in bed at the time. The teacher had car trouble. I will be in for him again tomorrow while it is in the shop. I was already booked at his school for Friday. Since I will be teaching this class for 2.5 days this week, I am now implimenting a temporary reward system for the class. I think the prize will be a Mars bar for the winner.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Jan 7th, 2015 at 12:39 PM.
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 8 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    You need to move to my area to experience global warming lol We have 8 degrees and sunny today - walking by the river for sure!
    Yikes were are you in Western Canada I was excited by the minus two today but it is so windy it is bone chilling..freezing rain here for the afternoon!!!
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have a few things to do on my lunch today but it's too cold lol. But I guess I better suck it up and just deal with it. I can't wait till Spring!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Bobbiegirl enjoy your 6 hours off
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

avon I hope the change in meds make a difference in your husbands vertigo and general health, poor guy. My public service health insurance has gone up 25% starting this month too and geez it sucks but like you it's great coverage so it's worth it.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ciel happy dance for you and your new winter coat, just in time (lol) this weather is brutal and hope you find some goodies with the 50% sale and your bday coupon

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Dh has done great on his de-cluttering/purging he started off with I believe 9 various sized rubbermaids and is now down 1 single small Rubbermaid....yippee...he needed to do it in his own time and he got me to post 5 items on the local facebook page that he would like to sell. It feels so good to have some empty boxes ($ saved) and lots of order back in the house (downstairs)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well enjoying my day off -had a bubble bath this morning -son called me to say his furnace stopped working early this morning-he is glad "ashlyn is in daycare today
    -had homemade turkey soup to warm me up after i shovelled our driveway -brrrr you guys out west are sending frigid weather to us -lol
    just lazing around -did a load laundry-put chicken breast out for supper

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I have an appointment tomorrow with a surgeon for underarm problems and to discuss my on again off again gall bladder issues, hoping to wait until late March or early April to have these 2 issues addressed as we will be moving Jaden downstairs by the end of the month if not hopefully sooner. We have been working on the new room and Jaden's old room. As mentioned earlier Logan will be moving into Jaden's old room while we gut Logan's existing room, install strapping and spray foam the walls (strapping/studs), then we will need to rebuild the walls with drywall, mud, sand, paint etc....Hoping to have enough in prescription reimbursements to cover the cost of the spray foam insulation, we have almost if not enough drywall in the garage and tons of drywall mud so all is good, only expected expense is the spray foam kit from either Home depot or Lowes but these kits are still very expensive but a fraction of the cost of having a professional do them. They are quite easy to do and the Rvalue is awesome and it's so fast (lol). Cant wait to start Logan's room as after Logan's room we will save up for our master bedroom which needs all the same things done plus the added cost of a new window so I need to budget a little each month to ensure that this will be down over next winter (2016)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

enjoy your much deserved day off coupon girl and stay warm....and please don't shovel too much or I'll call your hubby (lol) and tattle on you

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to the laundrymat and washed and dried clothing. All nicely folded and in my vehicle till home time to put it away! Will bring sheets/comforter to my moms tonight for the spare room as my sister is staying at my house for the weekend to dog and teenager sit

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Stayed home yesterday actually we both stayed home sick. I slept for 18 hours out of 24 yesterday. Doctor today...yes i have bronchitis and both ears are infected.

Bf bought take out last night because neither of us felt up to cooking

Back to work today as i am feeling better than yesterday. Will pick up my meds shortly and return my library books.

Because we dont have the boys and we picked up groceries on the 31st i havent touched this months groceries budget but have touched the everything else budget getting more cold meds. 40 pills dont last long when two people are sick!

We got an email saying the yk hockey tournament was cancelled but no one will tell us why.

Its "only" -18 here today.

Cleaned my pups ears last night poor girl if i don't do it werkly she gets ear infections.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

nancy. please come over and encourage my husband to do the same. 6 in our walk in with lights/bulbs for xmas which i know he'll never use.
    plus the abundance of items downstairs.
    hoping the buzz in his ear eventually kicks his butt. (im the buzz)

anyway. off to help dh clear his car. then to moms to learn how to crochet more.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

It's ok to leave Christmas lights up a few more days until the temperatures warm up closer to 0C!

Coat dried overnight! Still smells like Febreeze and two people have suggested parking said coat outdoors for a bit. Might do that and see if any improvement cccurs.
    @thriftygranny -thank you for the alert on lineups at Fabricland during their sales event. Mom & I intend to venture there on Saturday so perhaps we need to count on the lineups and focus on the notions and skip my urge to peruse pattern books! Will see if Burda Style has their mini 2015 Spring/Summer booklet at the store.
    @Andit -if you have any root veggies (parsnips, carrots, even parsley root), peel and chop them into chunks, add about 1Tbsp of oil and sprinkle some white pepper and salt (put everything into a shallow pan or rimmed sheet)-put into oven at 375F or 400F and about 20-25min later, you have a yummy side dish. I had carrots and parsley root in a crisper>did this for lunch today.

Mom's delighted that the turkey she put into the oven this morning turned out well for lunch!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 15 of 71 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread Information