User Tag List

Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree5977Likes

Thread: Love the Savings Feburary - 2015 Frugal chatter

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

I was up early and made 2 crockpot meals using leftover meat for lunch and dinner today

First was turkey/chicken tetrazzini (http://crockingirls.com/recipes/turkey-tetrazzini/). I used the last of leftover turkey breast meat my FIL gave us (he cooked a 17lb turkey when we visited on Family Day and sent most of it home with us) and mixed it with the last of the whole chicken we cooked on Monday. I didn't have any white wine so I just added some extra water. I also added the spagetti to the crockpot for the last hour. We had this for lunch and it turned out pretty good - just needed to be seasoned with salt, pepper and parmesan cheese when serving.

Second was beef stew (no recipe used). I cut up the last of a roast beef we made on Sunday along with a carton of beef broth I found in the pantry and carrots and onions from storage (from the 10lb bags I purchased a few months ago). I was hoping this would be done in time for DH to take for his work lunch but the potatoes and carrots are not fully cooked yet So I guess he's having turkey/chicken tetrazzini again... I turned the crockpot up from low to high and added some flour to thicken it. Hoping it will be done for me to have for dinner tonight and DH can have the leftovers for his work lunch tomorrow.

I also have leftover mild italian turkey sausage that I was going to add to spaghetti for lunch tomorrow. I didn't really like it on its own so hopefully cut up and mixed into spaghetti sauce it will tone down the "italian" spices.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Dinner tonight is club sandwiches (yummers) decided on serving with pasta salad as I'm not up to homemade French fries.

My poor dh is really feeling down, I think he needs to get out of the house so I think tomorrow we will venture out and do somethings or go places he wants to go just as an outing. I will discuss with him in a little while. He has a call in to see his someone to talk to but they haven't called back so I think for now a change of scenery will work wonders atleast I hope so.
    No dinner plans last week as it was all day to day what we could all keep down. LO kept refusing any foods except dry cereal and a few pieces of bread. It's hard to see your child not eat anything as you get so worried. Then I got sick and I understood completely.

A change of scenery from being kept indoors might be just what the doctor ordered! I know I'm ready to see some crocuses or step out of the house to somewhere other than the grocery store. Hope it works for your DH!

I've been distracting myself lately with episodes of Coronation Street. I was shocked to find out the character who plays Eva is going on maternity leave. Unfortunately, she had to break up with her current BF and I just hope people find out what a scoundrel Todd is! DH tells me I'm obsessed with the show. I think he may be right.

It certainly beats hanging around the mailbox hoping for my Astro bag to show up.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    http://www.glamour.com/fashion/blogs...-only-spot-rem

Sweet Sparrow, I have tried this stain remover concoction and it has worked on a few things for me.
    That's the one I used, thriftygranny! Maybe I should have set it in hot water? I combined it with a baking soda paste and left it for an hour, not soaking it. Doesn't the water dilute it and make it less effective? I'm willing to try it, but how much water?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    And of course our very own Crochetlady!!! OOps I guess she isn't a "new" crocheter!!
    @Crochetlady is a professional crocheter
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiegirl2010 View Post
    I was up early and made 2 crockpot meals using leftover meat for lunch and dinner today

First was turkey/chicken tetrazzini (http://crockingirls.com/recipes/turkey-tetrazzini/). I used the last of leftover turkey breast meat my FIL gave us (he cooked a 17lb turkey when we visited on Family Day and sent most of it home with us) and mixed it with the last of the whole chicken we cooked on Monday. I didn't have any white wine so I just added some extra water. I also added the spagetti to the crockpot for the last hour. We had this for lunch and it turned out pretty good - just needed to be seasoned with salt, pepper and parmesan cheese when serving.

Second was beef stew (no recipe used). I cut up the last of a roast beef we made on Sunday along with a carton of beef broth I found in the pantry and carrots and onions from storage (from the 10lb bags I purchased a few months ago). I was hoping this would be done in time for DH to take for his work lunch but the potatoes and carrots are not fully cooked yet So I guess he's having turkey/chicken tetrazzini again... I turned the crockpot up from low to high and added some flour to thicken it. Hoping it will be done for me to have for dinner tonight and DH can have the leftovers for his work lunch tomorrow.

I also have leftover mild italian turkey sausage that I was going to add to spaghetti for lunch tomorrow. I didn't really like it on its own so hopefully cut up and mixed into spaghetti sauce it will tone down the "italian" spices.
    your house must smell amazing - great job on being creative and using up what you have on hand

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

afternoon ladies, im getting naps for all. wow.
    anyway.. yes hands down Crochetlady im sure would crochet us under the table. we'll get there in time.

btw i went to take a pic/post my C2C blanket, i think DS took it to school to show everyone/teacher. she apparently crochets too. i can't find it anywhere.. wait i can't find my lighter either.. he wouldn't do that he liked it too much. LOL

i forgot about amazingrace/survivor. highly doubt dh will let me watch it 'live'. we always wait the week and watch it on ROD. so not fair. maybe i can play dumb the whole time watch it twice and 'get into it' with him and he'll never know.

i was told to keep some of the turkey i made and sent it over to have turkey pie made. i think i have just enough after making a huge A$$ pot of soup.
    haven't been to the store since the weekend. were running low on lunch foods with two taking them.. im in trubbbleeee

dh had to buy a booster pack as our car wouldn't start in the frigid mornings. it however was stolen so this one is staying in the house not the car.

hubby said it was 'balmy' last night around 1am .. around -1 he said it was so nice out.. lol.

man i can't wait for those days.

well try to keep warm all.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    your house must smell amazing - great job on being creative and using up what you have on hand

Thanks J & C, yes it does smell amazing here lol I'm hoping my picky children will try the stew and that it will actually be done cooking in time for dinner. Otherwise we're all getting peanut butter sandwiches lol.

Lately I've become a bit obsessed with zero food waste but I wasn't always that way. There used to be a time when I'd cook a large turkey, eat a bit of leftovers, get sick of it and throw the rest out

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Trying to figure out dinner for myself for tonight, Mom is working so house to myself yippee (think I will be in bed by 6), but this means I have to cook and well I really really really don't want too. It is taking pretty much everything I have within me just to make it through the day so yeah I so do not want to cook. Any chance little fairies will come in and cook dinner for me??????? (okay okay a girl can dream). But seriously everything we have seems like too much work.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I spent just under $10 at FB today for 4 packs of strawberries (Will send a good feed the next 2 days in the boys lunches) and real ice cream for $1.97 (Reg $5.47) they were clearing out a few kinds that expire Oct 2015! Will see if boys like it and if so will stock up. Can't beat that price for real ice cream.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Have to figure out the dinner menu for Friday night. We will have kids friends over so a big feast is in order! Will dig in the freezer tonight for some ideas.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

ooh some upcoming sale flyers are enticing me. $1.99 ground lean pork at Metro. Really enjoying the burgers I made with the pork. Think I may have to buy a crap load as I don't see that price ever anymore for beef or pork.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thanks for your kind words ladies. I have been crocheting for more than 45 years but because I`ve been selling the same things for more than 30 years there are a lot of stitches that I`ve never bothered learning to do. Now I`m so busy with the regular stuff that I have no time for anything new.

@ss glad you are all feeling better

@sa take it easy and get lots of rest. Everything else will still be there when you`re feeling better.

@ MrsS Can`t wait to see a pic. I`m tech challenged...haven`t a clue how to do it.

@ Momof5boys. Glad to hear you`re progressing with the crocheting. It gives you such a feeling of accomplishment to see a finished product.
    Last edited by Crochetlady; Wed, Feb 25th, 2015 at 04:37 PM.
    saundyl, Natalka, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    That's the one I used, thriftygranny! Maybe I should have set it in hot water? I combined it with a baking soda paste and left it for an hour, not soaking it. Doesn't the water dilute it and make it less effective? I'm willing to try it, but how much water?
    I would just put it in the washing machine and let it soak in there if you think it would help, here is another "recipe" I use for white fabric to get stains out , I have used it and it really whitens dull fabric,perhaps would work for your stain on white fabric.
    http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/...-solution.html
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Thu, Feb 26th, 2015 at 09:40 AM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Trying to figure out dinner for myself for tonight, Mom is working so house to myself yippee (think I will be in bed by 6), but this means I have to cook and well I really really really don't want too. It is taking pretty much everything I have within me just to make it through the day so yeah I so do not want to cook. Any chance little fairies will come in and cook dinner for me??????? (okay okay a girl can dream). But seriously everything we have seems like too much work.
    Since its just you make something quick and easy if you can (soup and sandwich, eggs and toast etc...) and get some rest

I'd invite you over for some beef stew but I have a feeling you don't live close by lol.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Mrs. H ow awful that someone stole your battery pack....geez
    Crochetlady, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information