User Tag List

Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
Like Tree5978Likes

Thread: Marching Forward with Frugality & with Savings 2015 frugal chatter

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Taxes done and sent! I was finished ages ago, but I was waffling. This Netfile thing is amazing. The file has already been received by CRA. Yay!
    Awesome. It's a great feeling isn't it

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Great job on the service calls/side jobs, sounds like you are busy with your knitting saundyl
    Thank you. I have been busy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

It looks like the antibiotics are working. Yippee!!! I had asked Lily dog to do something the other day, part of our silly routine, and she looked at me like I had a hole in my head. Last night, she did it without being prompted, so she's getting back to her old self. Quincy cat, otoh, is being quite the brat. I think he's jealous I'm spending extra time with 'the dog' and not focusing all my attention on him. There's good reason I call him my jealous boyfriend. Unfortunately, he decided to wake us at 6am by screaming at us. I ignored his bratty behaviour, but Lily dog caved, so I got up as well. There will be a few naps scheduled for today, no doubt.

Better go give everyone some liver treats - both are behaving themselves. And, as annoyed as I was earlier, who can stay angry at this face?

Name:  P1070392.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  17.9 KB

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Andi, SO glad Lily is better, that's awesome!

Enjoy your day, all!

Taxes - yeah, I'm avoiding doing them - ours and our son's. Not that they are hard, really, just am not in the 'zone', lol!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

oh @Andit your pets are so entertaining I love the stories, enjoy your naps and play time
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning all,

Wishing everyone an awesome day filled with productivity and frugality (atleast I need to be productive) .

I'm thinking some baking is in order as I have the PMS symptoms and cravings to no M so I need the sweets to fill my sweet tooth .

I have some apples that need to be used up will talk Logan into making apple loaves and perhaps some pecan pie muffins for dh, any extras will go in the freezer (if they make it there ).

Laundry is on the go, I'll see if the temperature is above 0 and perhaps will put them outside, I love the smell.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Crochetlady hope all is well haven't seen you post on here for a few days

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Awesome. It's a great feeling isn't it
    Mixed feelings this year. It would have been awesome had I not been taxed for the entire amount that I missed for HBP repayment.

Looking ahead though, I'll need to book that appointment at the bank to make sure I don't miss it for this year!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

no baking done yet and well it seems it won't happen as I'm going to be helping dh outside, not complaining as I don't want to bake anyways (lol).

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Off to a computer service call tonight (i think this months goal was 2) and another laptop dropped off tonight which makes so far this month.

I ordered my purple caribes from t and t and some
    Purple Vikings to plant come spring when ever that is.

We ordered 2 storage footstools on amazon. Hoping to solve some of the kicking over couch space wars the boys have Once they come in we will advertise our purple non storage one on Facebook. To offset space n $$ cost.

I claimed a small portion of my clothing allowance today its spent in the budget so i deposited the cheque to our emergency fund.

I have knitting add thus week....2blankets a scarf and a dish cloth on the go.
    Do you knit to give as gifts? Curious where you get your yarn. I was checking thrift shops for yarn and did buy some but just found out that buying the bigger balls of yarn at Walmart is even cheaper than thrift stores here.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Got to get going on getting tax returns done here...one of my sons living about an hour away asked if he could come so that 'we' could do his taxes. The translation of this is: Mom, can you do my taxes and can I stay for dinner? lol

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Got to get going on getting tax returns done here...one of my sons living about an hour away asked if he could come so that 'we' could do his taxes. The translation of this is: Mom, can you do my taxes and can I stay for dinner? lol
    what are mom's for , I wish I had learned how to do my own taxes years ago but ours are so complicated. I'm sure your son will learn a few things while assisting (hmm) you doing I mean teaching him how to do his taxes

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Geez what a lazy day here for both dh & I. We're calling it a day - we are waiting for the delivery guy to call us so we can meet him 1/2 way to pick up pizza....too lazy to care (lol) and well it's march break BUT honestly to tired and lazy to cook.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @Crochetlady hope all is well haven't seen you post on here for a few days
    I`ve been limiting my time on the computer. I do read but don`t post much. I`ve been having some pain in my head again...hoping it doesn`t get worse.

I`ve been having the dickens of a time getting my bloodwork done. I go every 2 months and have a standing order for it. The office where I get it done is closed for renos til June. I thought they would take the paperwork to the other lab but they didn`t. Got told it must have expired but I know it`s good til next month. I finally called the clinic and asked what was done with it. They said it`s at their clinic and I can ask at the front desk for it. So I went this morning...they couldn`t find it. Got told again it must have expired...they finally admitted that they got rid of all the requisitions that didn`t come from their office. Mine was from my rheumatologist. I let them know that I was not happy with having made 2 wasted trips to Seaforth ( half hour each way)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Crochetlady hope your head pains goes away and geez making you run there twice for nothing - very frustrating indeed. Take care of yourself hun

Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread Information