User Tag List

Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Like Tree5978Likes

Thread: Marching Forward with Frugality & with Savings 2015 frugal chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    I am home, no need for me stay in the other branch the whole week so I decided it was best to head back. Not a fun drive back was dodging a lot of stuff on the highway including but not limited too a deceased deer (18 wheeler vs Deer), random chucks of plastic, falling snow/ice from 18 wheeler, vehicles on the side of the road taped off (I assume from last night's huge accident) still waiting to be towed away. I than got off the highway as I believe there may have been another accident and go stuck in a traffic jam at a tiny town corner that was too small for 18 wheeler to make the turn cops showed up to try and clear the intersection and get everyone moving. Finally got back on the highway and got home but no idea where my GPS was taking me when I saw my exist and got off it was telling me I still had 44 km to go on the Highway.

Just finished my leadership coaching, good session a lot to work on/work with to try and move forward at work. Finding it extremely helpful to be able to speak to someone who is not directly involved and helps me to focus on the big picture instead of fine little details and someone who is impartial and has nothing invested into the day to day with company. Does that sound weird? But I like that we can help me break things down and make suggestions and although it is work focused it is focused on the big picture instead of exact tasks and it is focused on me and not the company.

Saundly I know I am a little late here but something else you can try, I have seen it done before, they box up everything left on the floor and than the child in question must accomplish task to get each item(s) back.

The discussion on Roofs, just saying Shingle Roof do not last anymore they have removed so much shingles and changed the formal so much to make them better for the environment and cheaper that they cannot stand up the warranties they offer. Most would say great I can get my roof done for free but it won't work that way. If you read the warranty it will be next to impossible to get a warranty claim through. They have written the warranty so even when shingles fail they cannot be blamed. Do not get me in some cases you can, but it is extremely rare. WOW I know way too much about roofing.

Now on to taxes, I am completely freaked out to get my taxes done this, I had a number of things re accessed last year and I have a horrible feeling that this year is not going to be pretty for me. My taxes were dropped off but I have not heard anything back yet which scares me even more. I am in that horrible holding pattern just waiting for what I think will be bad news.

Now I must go find something for dinner and I have to be honest I so do not want to cook, I have a good 4 to 5 hours of work ahead of me tonight (yippee for travelling) and I am so tired, why oh why is no on where to make food magically appear (a girl can dream)

Have a great night everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Do you knit to give as gifts? Curious where you get your yarn. I was checking thrift shops for yarn and did buy some but just found out that buying the bigger balls of yarn at Walmart is even cheaper than thrift stores here.
    90 percent of what ive made since i learnt to knit 13 years ago has been gifts. Ive sold a few things at craft sales. Ive personally kept 2 blankets 2 scarves and about 10 dish clothes out of everything ive made.

I get my wool from walmart alot..clearance sales at fields or other stores. Family gives me alot of wool for gifts ( i love it) ive purchased it at yard sales the thrift store and on Facebook.

I also order online i tried craftersdream but found that two times i ordered it took 6 weeks just to be shipped. The third time (and final ) my order was cancelled and it took until i reported the charge on my card to get a refund (not from lack of attempts at calling or emailing first )

I like yarnspirations but its Usd and more expensive lately.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

glad you're home Ashley and hopefully feeling much better
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Mixed feelings this year. It would have been awesome had I not been taxed for the entire amount that I missed for HBP repayment.

Looking ahead though, I'll need to book that appointment at the bank to make sure I don't miss it for this year!
    Ouch id be mixed feeling too!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

sorry to interrupt but if anyone is interested in joining the Christmas 2015 thread here's the link

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/401406-...a/#post6343350
    Andit, Crochetlady and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Did a SDM shop last night. Used 8000 pt WUB $30 on food and snacks personal coupon, paid most with leftovers from a VISA points gift card, OOP $18.

Was very happy to hear it is a spend your points weekend so I can do a $100 of groceries for FREE as my 8000 pts brought me to the 55,000 pt level. I didn't even know about the redemption, but knew one had to be coming!

DH made $50 bucks this week selling car parts. I was motivated and went through some spring, summer and easter items. I have already sold $13 worth on FB buy and sell. I am very pleased. The "catch up" on deficit may actually be eliminated this month! The redemption and extra cash will really help.

Everything is also now prepped for taxes.

Feeling good!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@Crochetlady i hope you feel better soon
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Evening Everyone,
    I am home, no need for me stay in the other branch the whole week so I decided it was best to head back. Not a fun drive back was dodging a lot of stuff on the highway including but not limited too a deceased deer (18 wheeler vs Deer), random chucks of plastic, falling snow/ice from 18 wheeler, vehicles on the side of the road taped off (I assume from last night's huge accident) still waiting to be towed away. I than got off the highway as I believe there may have been another accident and go stuck in a traffic jam at a tiny town corner that was too small for 18 wheeler to make the turn cops showed up to try and clear the intersection and get everyone moving. Finally got back on the highway and got home but no idea where my GPS was taking me when I saw my exist and got off it was telling me I still had 44 km to go on the Highway.

Just finished my leadership coaching, good session a lot to work on/work with to try and move forward at work. Finding it extremely helpful to be able to speak to someone who is not directly involved and helps me to focus on the big picture instead of fine little details and someone who is impartial and has nothing invested into the day to day with company. Does that sound weird? But I like that we can help me break things down and make suggestions and although it is work focused it is focused on the big picture instead of exact tasks and it is focused on me and not the company.

Saundly I know I am a little late here but something else you can try, I have seen it done before, they box up everything left on the floor and than the child in question must accomplish task to get each item(s) back.

The discussion on Roofs, just saying Shingle Roof do not last anymore they have removed so much shingles and changed the formal so much to make them better for the environment and cheaper that they cannot stand up the warranties they offer. Most would say great I can get my roof done for free but it won't work that way. If you read the warranty it will be next to impossible to get a warranty claim through. They have written the warranty so even when shingles fail they cannot be blamed. Do not get me in some cases you can, but it is extremely rare. WOW I know way too much about roofing.

Now on to taxes, I am completely freaked out to get my taxes done this, I had a number of things re accessed last year and I have a horrible feeling that this year is not going to be pretty for me. My taxes were dropped off but I have not heard anything back yet which scares me even more. I am in that horrible holding pattern just waiting for what I think will be bad news.

Now I must go find something for dinner and I have to be honest I so do not want to cook, I have a good 4 to 5 hours of work ahead of me tonight (yippee for travelling) and I am so tired, why oh why is no on where to make food magically appear (a girl can dream)

Have a great night everyone.
    Eep scary drive.

Thats a good idea...the task thing. I think getting himto do anything though even when it benefits him. ..is like pulling teeth. His mother doesnt help much because she just acts like hes incapable

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Made a puzzle board tonight for doing puzzles and putting under the bed if it has to be moved before its done.

I got a nice chunk of flat cardboard from a shop in town. Took some fleece leftover from another project glued it down and rebuilt the sides.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-nice idea on the puzzle board -I use to love doing them with my mom --should have bought a few this winter -but was busy watching baby "ashlyn"
    -had a lovely meal out last night at the keg with hubby's brother and sister-in-law -I got dressed up in a lovely purple dress and boots -steak was awesome we didnt drink us girls anyway -hubby' had a beer-so only cost us 20.00 on top of the giftcard-I so needed that treat
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just checked in online for Hawaii in the morning-should be fun. Time to get that last minute packing etc done!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Well, Lily dog has her bounce back! Yesterday, she squeaked her toy in my ear while I was on the phone with a friend. I never thought I'd be sooo happy to see obnoxious behaviour. Quincy cat is still playing the jealousy card - he insists on reminding me that the world revolves around him and him alone.

On the not-so-good side, I'm feeling a bit off. I'm hoping I'm just coming off the stress of the last few days (major surgery doesn't stress me out a tenth of as much as my brats being under the weather) and not catching a cold (most people spend 2 days in bed when they catch a cold, I spend 2 weeks in a hospital bed, sigh). Lots of liquids and lots of vitamin C will be my mantra for today. I'm at the theatre tonight, so I'll have to rest up so I can go out & have fun. Cause having fun is what life's all about.

Better go play with the tall one, then get some rest while snuggling with my loudmouth.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@lizzie bargain have a wonderful time on vacation
    @Granger great deals and looking forward to hearing how you fair out with the redemption this weekend
    @saundyl great idea about the puzzle board
    saundyl, Andit, ROMEO and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Good morning, everyone.

Well, Lily dog has her bounce back! Yesterday, she squeaked her toy in my ear while I was on the phone with a friend. I never thought I'd be sooo happy to see obnoxious behaviour. Quincy cat is still playing the jealousy card - he insists on reminding me that the world revolves around him and him alone.

On the not-so-good side, I'm feeling a bit off. I'm hoping I'm just coming off the stress of the last few days (major surgery doesn't stress me out a tenth of as much as my brats being under the weather) and not catching a cold (most people spend 2 days in bed when they catch a cold, I spend 2 weeks in a hospital bed, sigh). Lots of liquids and lots of vitamin C will be my mantra for today. I'm at the theatre tonight, so I'll have to rest up so I can go out & have fun. Cause having fun is what life's all about.

Better go play with the tall one, then get some rest while snuggling with my loudmouth.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    loudmouth have a great time with the brats and tonight
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Didn't get my baking done earlier in the week, it's a MUST for today - have apples to use up.
    Milan is coming for supper, so I have some pre-cooking to do for that.

Enjoy whatever the day brings you!
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 7 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Enjoy Hawaii lizzy, my favorite place in the world!!!
    Andit I hope you escape getting too sick!
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 5 others like this.

Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread Information