User Tag List

Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree5978Likes

Thread: Marching Forward with Frugality & with Savings 2015 frugal chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Sorry Nancy, not doing a meal plan this week!! Hubby is away for the week for a course and it is just jay and I. Cleaning out all the little containers in the freezer , have some soup, spaghetti a couple of half packages of things like perogies, smokies etc.Won't be a calorie conscious week but it will feel good to get the stuff cleaned up! I am making no bake granola bars and date squares for jays lunches and have to go to a tarp shop to get a zipper replaced in the boys ice fishing hut, they melted it with the heater while ice fishing on Saturday...grrr. I have to work this evening for a few hours.It is snowing and blowing, really nasty day out there, hurry up spring!!
    No worries I'm making carnitas (or whatever they are called) thanks I got the idea from you

It's amazing how all those small containers and 1/2 packages take up so much room, enjoy your week off from dieting - sometimes that's just what we need (or atleast I'm like that to get a little cheat and remotivated)
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Was out of the house at 630 am to the passport office only to be slowed on the 400! The plan was to be there before they opened but arrived 30 mins after they opened. But somehow we still were called up before lots of people before us. So 5 hours there and back and only took 30 mins in the passport office. Oh well, wouldn't want to live in the city just for that. Enjoy my water walks and bush hikes too much!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Meal Plan! Will have to get organized this evening and then post. We leave the 12th so will be using up lots of stuff on hand and trying not to buy too much so that it doesn't sit in the fridge while we are gone. DS has hockey tonight and tomorrow night. Oldest can have leftovers from the weekend for his dinner and I will figure out something when we get home. Will make up oatmeal and boiled eggs for the week for my breakfast and snacks etc. Will make a small batch of oatmeal balls too.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Sweet Sparrow: we had the same issue with our phone line from Cogeco, the cost just kept creeping up. We still have young kids and I am not ready to cut the home phone but 48.00 a month was insane. So in April of last year we went with Ooma. There is a cost to buy the device (maybe 100.00 from Costco) and now we pay 3.98 a month. We have had a few outages, but given the savings it has been worth it.
    Have you had any issues with sound quality? I was looking up the reviews and I don't know if it's urban - rural calls or the location of the customer, or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Sweet sparrow, hopefully your mouse problem gets eradicated soon - I know how frustrating that can be. Peanut butter on a trap worked perfectly for us.

Milan, our son, came over last night for supper - and to finish up with installing some computer stuff; I had been without a printer for a week! One giant bonus of him having done all this restoring is that I FINALLY was able to print a coupon from the Save site - it's been frustrating me for so long that their program wouldn't download (and Save was never help in assisting me as to why), but yesterday it worked!

Now today I'll get a new mouse (ours stopped scrolling) - on sale for over half price at Staples, same one we have now, a Logitech.
    We have two Victor traps loaded with peanut butter. The mouse ate every morsel off of the first one and then walked over to the second trap with the Reese's peanut butter cup and ate that too! And then he left his trademark calling cards....

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Morning! Was out of the house at 630 am to the passport office only to be slowed on the 400! The plan was to be there before they opened but arrived 30 mins after they opened. But somehow we still were called up before lots of people before us. So 5 hours there and back and only took 30 mins in the passport office. Oh well, wouldn't want to live in the city just for that. Enjoy my water walks and bush hikes too much!
    We live across the road from the passport office. We didn't choose our location on purpose, but we actually chose it to be close to the creek trail. We see deer, heron, ducks, geese, bunnies, and the occasional coyote. Sometimes you can still live in a city of over half a million and still see deer families. I think the most we've seen is nine together. I love our trail, but it's handy every five years to walk across the street to get my passport renewed. I definitely wouldn't want to live in our city just for that, but it's handy that it's there!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Meal Plan

Monday - Pork Carnitas

Tuesday- night off birthday celebration for ds2

Wednesday - Mongolian chicken (new recipe) https://www.pinterest.com/pin/457608012109947005/

Thursday- leftovers and if none then quicky meal (grilled cheese or eggs)

Friday - shrimp & rice and pizza for kiddos as they don't like shrimp

Saturday - Creamy Grilled chicken piccata (my parents are coming for Logan's belated birthday celebration) https://www.pinterest.com/jasperandc...asta-together/

Sunday - steak on the bbq as we didn't make this past week as we have no propane

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Meal Plan! Will have to get organized this evening and then post. We leave the 12th so will be using up lots of stuff on hand and trying not to buy too much so that it doesn't sit in the fridge while we are gone. DS has hockey tonight and tomorrow night. Oldest can have leftovers from the weekend for his dinner and I will figure out something when we get home. Will make up oatmeal and boiled eggs for the week for my breakfast and snacks etc. Will make a small batch of oatmeal balls too.
    where r u going?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Well after saying I was going to pressure cook all my beans from now on I read about the hidden PC Plus offer for 1000 points when you buy canned Blue Menu beans and vegetables, well I can't turn down free healthy food so I just went an bought 60 cans of various beans and vegetables and got 60.00 in points back!! Here is the link to download the offer on your card.
    If you click on this link: https://www.presidentschoice.ca/en_CA.html#!pulses
    below the photo of beans there is a points offer button. Click that & load it & you're ready to go!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Mon, Mar 2nd, 2015 at 03:38 PM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Sweet Sparrow: DH works from home a lot and is in IT so would never had gone with them unless he was sure & he talked to lots of IT people before we made the switch. I have never had phone quality isues, but we are in a city and we sit on the high part of the city. The weirdest part is there is no dial tone, just music. But i pay less then 4.00 a month so I can forgive them for that.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    where r u going?
    South Carolina! Beautiful huge house rental on ocean! And get to spend the week with my family (including my new baby niece )

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Sweet Sparrow: DH works from home a lot and is in IT so would never had gone with them unless he was sure & he talked to lots of IT people before we made the switch. I have never had phone quality isues, but we are in a city and we sit on the high part of the city. The weirdest part is there is no dial tone, just music. But i pay less then 4.00 a month so I can forgive them for that.
    I bought 28 cans today as well, some had a best before of Jan 2018 & since they were 99 cents i could not pass it up.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I bought 20 cans on the way home(fortinos.99) from babysitting "ashlyn" it will be nice to have peas /corn in the can instead of dull frozen ones-yeah for 20,000 points -what a nice offer
    -took back a bottle of tonic water 1.98 from my son's,party

was off to watch ashlyn" at 6.15 this morning she woke up screaming at 6.45-her eye teeth are coming in
    -alldayi heard her say where's baooonn-she was refering to the helium ballon on a string -my it got he so excited
    we read books
    -we had sing -a-long songs -wheels on the bus -I dont know all the words made a few up -but she loves singing and movement
    -we had snack time-some yogurt

- did 3 loads of laundy for my son/wife plus ran the dishwasher and put them away

-oh a bit tired so we are having frozen pizza

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Well after saying I was going to pressure cook all my beans from now on I read about the hidden PC Plus offer for 1000 points when you buy canned Blue Menu beans and vegetables, well I can't turn down free healthy food so I just went an bought 60 cans of various beans and vegetables and got 60.00 in points back!! Here is the link to download the offer on your card.
    If you click on this link: https://www.presidentschoice.ca/en_CA.html#!pulses
    below the photo of beans there is a points offer button. Click that & load it & you're ready to go!
    I've loaded that offer about 20 times and the stupid things doesn't show up in my offers, I think it's because I alredy have a yellow canned bean offer (not the same kind) any ideas.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

what a day for me.
    spent the day downtown running an errand and attending a employment counseling session.
    good things on my agenda for my future.
    i stopped into a thrift store nearby, as i was early to my appt.
    went looking or a backpack/lunch bag for my son.
    ended up coming out with 3 large ziploc bags of bernat yarn. 3 huge rolls in each. Bernat. Cream/royal blue.
    brand new still in wrappers. $4 each bag. they are like $10 nearly here for each one. thats $100 worth of yarn for $12.
    think i'll make a blanket for my son.

when i got home my dh was making the turkey soup i was supposed to be making 2-3 days ago. luv him
    the house smells soo good.

i really wanted a nap, no time now before bed. just go to bed early. don't have to be up early tomorrow so i get to sleep in.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I'm sorry the trap isn't working for you. Ours caught the culprit in hours. we found more poo in a closet , but must have been same culprit as trap still has peanut butter and no new poo. Our trap is overly sensitive and has been set off by nearby motion.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well I think my boys learned a life lesson this evening, they were all jokey, insulting and really hurt my feelings with respect to dinner. long story short I told them going forward as of this minutes (a few hours ago) things are changing, I think they are really surprised & shocked but if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all. And if you don't like what's for supper then do without, no snacks, if you are hungry have supper and close your trap. Might seem harsh but I have never done this in my life and well at 11 & 14 years old I think they are still aw struck BUT it had to be said.

I'm not backing down, dh had a chat with them they both apologized individually but it didn't make me feel any better as I was litteraly balling my eyes out and truly insulted.

Oh well lesson learned by all.

Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread Information