User Tag List

Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree2879Likes

Thread: Christmas 2017 thread

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I have a bunch of sports team gear bookmarked...I have xmas in the bag but I thought I might pick up nice extras on Black Friday, Boxing Day or whatever....

Well I can tell you, buy your sports stuff before Remembrance day because everything I have been looking at is now sold out or down to the last item.

sigh.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    I have a bunch of sports team gear bookmarked...I have xmas in the bag but I thought I might pick up nice extras on Black Friday, Boxing Day or whatever....

Well I can tell you, buy your sports stuff before Remembrance day because everything I have been looking at is now sold out or down to the last item.

sigh.
    I scored at a Sportchek clearance centre on sports stuff last weekend. Tons of stuff from the world cup etc too.
    Newfiescreech, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    Got sidetracked from shopping ( well pretty much everything) while my dad was in hospital with pneumonia. After 12 days in hospital he passed away on the 17 th of October. Trying to get back on track with everything. I did get a few more gifts this week while in Toronto. Got nephew a nice Calvin Klein sweater, mom some grapefruit counter spray from Williams Sonoma, dh a winter hat from roots, mom a magnifying card for her stocking. Earlier in week I got mom a new housecoat from Costco. Still to buy new kobo ereader. Just waiting to see if there is a promotion where you get the case. And a box of Laura Secord Dixies(like turtles). My dad bought them for my mom every year for as long as I can remember. So I thought I should carry on the tradition. Might get her a Keurig coffee holder and some pucks or whatever they are called. Bought youngest niece some clothes from children's place. They have already shipped so should be here maybe Monday. Still to buy some toys and clothes for youngest nephew and something for my nieces who live in Atlanta and New York City. Need more for Dh plus lots of stocking stuff and lots to do re buying for Christmas family. Hmmm still lots to do. Not sure if hosting anything this year...time will tell.
    So sorry to hear about your dad's passing, I think the chocolate tradition is lovely and your mom will be pleased to continue to receive in the spirit of your father
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning all,

Our tree is up but not yet decorated, dh normally puts the beads on as it's our tradition and then the rest of us embark on the tree decorating. Hoping I can locate the beads tonight.

I've wrapped the gifts I have MINUS santa gifts (kiddos are 13 & 16), youngest won't say he doesn't believe but that's okay, the eldest is loving it....more presents haha.

We still have to purchase for FIL, my dh (I already know what I'll be getting him), my mom's gift at sdm. The kids are left, my youngest never wants anything so it makes it so difficult and stressful for shopping as we don't want to give him $ and his interest are limited, I need to put on my thinking cap and come up with some great finds. Eldest is not hard but so many xbox 1 games that I really don't want to purchase but time will tell. I will check out my 2 local sdms and see if they have those games he wants.

Wishing everyone great success with their shopping & lists.

I'm more excited for the stockings than the gifts BUT I'm always excited about the stockings.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Morning all,

Our tree is up but not yet decorated, dh normally puts the beads on as it's our tradition and then the rest of us embark on the tree decorating. Hoping I can locate the beads tonight.

I've wrapped the gifts I have MINUS santa gifts (kiddos are 13 & 16), youngest won't say he doesn't believe but that's okay, the eldest is loving it....more presents haha.

We still have to purchase for FIL, my dh (I already know what I'll be getting him), my mom's gift at sdm. The kids are left, my youngest never wants anything so it makes it so difficult and stressful for shopping as we don't want to give him $ and his interest are limited, I need to put on my thinking cap and come up with some great finds. Eldest is not hard but so many xbox 1 games that I really don't want to purchase but time will tell. I will check out my 2 local sdms and see if they have those games he wants.

Wishing everyone great success with their shopping & lists.

I'm more excited for the stockings than the gifts BUT I'm always excited about the stockings.
    Awesome! I plan to put the tree up this weekend but we will decorate one night next week. Then I will start sorting and wrapping! I love the stockings too! I have done well for them this year and don't need much more I don't think. I will see next week when I go through my Rubbermaid bins

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Stockings are a big deal for our family as well! We used to have stockings so big I could stand I. It and pull over my head. Lol. We have since cut way back and sponsor a family instead. Our stockings still are big enough that we need a bin or 2 each.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Just finished ordering Christmas photo cards and address labels to go with them, plus a photo book of DD's pictures this year for my parents' present, all for free (thank you Pampers points and Shutterfly )

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I am buying this 4T Cars "leather" jacket for our son. I'm stashing it away for Christmas. He has a similar red Cars jacket that he wears a lot, but it is showing wear. The jacket is appropriate for fall and spring.

edit: Dh doesn't want to give it to him for Christmas, just in case it is too small because that would be quite upsetting and there is no way to exchange this jacket. Our son tried it on this morning and it is long in the arms, so he has room to grow, just like I thought. Though it won't be a surprise anymore, our son agreed that I can wrap it up for Christmas because it isn't warm enough to wear outside right now.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  176.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  167.0 KB
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Nov 18th, 2016 at 07:40 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I glanced at the Mandarin restaurants' Holiday flyer and realized that there are 3 party menus one can order takeout or delivery from for a holiday party (no substitutions). This might be a help for anyone expecting a crowd but not wanting the cooking workload.
    Party Menu A (301A) $175.99 plus tax Looks like it might be like a light party/appetizer size order-20 dinner rolls with garden salad (dressing of choice), 20 veg spring roolls, 40 pc golden fried chicken wings, veg fried rice, plain soft noodles, sweet and sour spareribs, beef with mixed Chinese veg, honey twist.

Party Menu B (301B) $270.99 plus tax-Caesar salad, 20 dinner rolls. 20 egg rolls, 40 pc golden friend chicken wings, chicken fried rice, shrimp soft noodles, sauteed mixed Chinese veg, sweet & sour spareribs, black pepper steak, 40 pc sweet & sour chicken balls, family sized cream caramel x2

Party Menu C-$395.99 plus tax. Caesar salad, fruit breadx 2, assorted sushi tray (80pc), veg fried rice, Cantonese Chow Mein, barbecued spareribs, black pepper steak, Moo Goo Gai Pan, Lemon Chicken, Breaded Torpedo Shrimp, Family sized cream caramel x 2, cookie tray, honey twist.
    @lecale -I noticed about 3 years ago that most sizes are gone by early Nov for coats and other apparel. The fastest one to the store or online shopping gets the products. For those shoppers who are smaller sized, they may yet score better prices for the remaining sizes if they are left. There was a newspaper article last week about stores being stuck with merchandise last year because of the mild winter so this year, lighter stock and lighter holiday hiring.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Wrapped presents like a mad woman last night and put everyone's stocking stuffers in bags so they are all separated. Making some outdoor greenery planters outside today. Really hoping to get a start on my baking this week!! It's coming up fast folks!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I haven't done anything yet. I haven't purchased one present, haven't hung one light. We get possession of our new place in 6 days and then it will be a whirlwind. I have no flipping idea how I'm going to make everything and get it ready in time. I'm going to make a pinterest board of to-do's right now so I don't forget anything and can make a plan when my life is a giant mess. I don't even want to buy anything yet because I 110% WILL lose it in the move. Better to just buy it when I'm settled in a bit than to put anything into a box.

But I have been wearing my holiday sweaters and yesterday I bought some beautiful natural looking garland for my new mantle as well as some piks of poinsettias and jingle bells. I'm in the spirit!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    I haven't done anything yet. I haven't purchased one present, haven't hung one light. We get possession of our new place in 6 days and then it will be a whirlwind. I have no flipping idea how I'm going to make everything and get it ready in time. I'm going to make a pinterest board of to-do's right now so I don't forget anything and can make a plan when my life is a giant mess. I don't even want to buy anything yet because I 110% WILL lose it in the move. Better to just buy it when I'm settled in a bit than to put anything into a box.

But I have been wearing my holiday sweaters and yesterday I bought some beautiful natural looking garland for my new mantle as well as some piks of poinsettias and jingle bells. I'm in the spirit!
    Like the Colonel on A-Team used to say, "I love it when a plan comes together." You got it, @Chantel !

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The Holiday Experience issue magazine by Longos is online too:
    https://longos_magazine.save.ca/flyers/longos/151430

p.41 has a GayLea ad/mention that their Real Whipped Cream comes in Dark Chocolate Caramel flavour. #WantIt

p.60 indicates that the chestnut roasting pan and snips are available at the stores-cool! #NeedPrices
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uniqlo USA no longer has the Ines de la Fressange scalloped edge sleeves/hem sweater showing on the website. Seems to be sold out. Maybe one or two will show up at thrift stores after the owners wear them over the holidays?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Wrapped presents like a mad woman last night and put everyone's stocking stuffers in bags so they are all separated. Making some outdoor greenery planters outside today. Really hoping to get a start on my baking this week!! It's coming up fast folks!
    thriftygranny .. please don't remind me ... I never been so far behind .. getting things ready for Christmas .. if I only knew what family and friends need .. things would be a lot easier.. keep asking !! all I get is surprise me ..
    Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Newfiescreech , do surprise them. Shop somewhere they don't expect or if you are using your loyalty points somewhere, don't get what you usually do. Maybe develop a category for those who told you that answer-go quirky or go set $ value per person and run with it.

Posting the Denningers holiday magazine, Celebrations, here to help get the holiday recipe/idea vibe humming along:
    http://www.denningers.com/holiday-ce...magazine-2016/

Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information