User Tag List

Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree4723Likes

Thread: June 2015 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Great evening last night with our son over for supper, and a wonderful visit!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

I found a gas powered weed trimmer for $25 on the FB swap board. I googled it and this one retails for $149 + tax. Soooo excited as DH was going to buy a brand new one. I've been helping DH with the yardwork (In my newly acquired "free time" lol) using a battery powered one and the battery always dies after 15 - 20 mins - so frustrating. We have almost a 1/2 acre so a gas powered one is a must.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Morning All. Haven`t been on in a while. Life has been getting in the way of my SC time.
    Last week we got a new to us box spring and mattress. It`s like new but they were upgrading to a king size so were giving away the double. Decided that would be a good time to give that room a good cleaning.
    Am still busy with crocheting...got a bunch of afghans done but need to do more towels this week.
    Andi glad you had a good holiday.
    MrsS Good news about your dad.
    TG What a deal on turkey!
    Guess I should get back to work. Have a good day everyone.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Rainy cool day here. Plan to go visit my Mum and then spend a couple of hours working as an aide on speech etc with one of the 4 year old twins. DH will have to do playground supervision in the rain today and DD will be studying tonight for a mock final tomorrow-her exams start next week.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I had a frustrating experience with PC MasterCard yesterdaythat worked out in the end.
    Our cards just renewed so I did all the switches for bill paymentsand then yesterday I get a call that DHhas had his card compromised. Someone tried to use his card number in LA and ofcourse he is not there. I am good about always flagging if we are travelling.They had to cancel his card so then I go for groceries only to be declined.This happened when we went to Hawaii and they assumed his card was comprised despitethe fact I had advised them we were there. At that time they screwed up and canceledboth cards, to say I was annoyed was an understatement as it left us onvacation without our primary card. So I call assuming they have cancelled minein error. Thankfully they had put a hold on it & not cancelled it and itshould be fine (have not used it yet) but for the inconvenience they gave me5000 PC points.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@lilo0003 geez thank goodness they caught the compromise and 5000pc pts in a good bonus (lol)
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@bobbiegirl2010 sounds like a much quieter summer coming which like you said will be a welcomed change. If you haven't purchased the weed wacker yet don't forget to try it before you buy it to ensure it is in running order just a thougth
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Wed, Jun 3rd, 2015 at 01:47 PM.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

If FB group is set to private items won't show up in feeds for nosy family and friends. Sometimes this determines where I will sell. One group is private and one is closed that I sell on. Unless of course the are a part of the group too!

I have to go for another ultra sound to check on baby's growth. Tummy size didn't change since last appointment. My nerves are up a bit, but I know it is routine. I am going to start counting kicks daily to appease my mind as fetal activity is what is important. Off to see if there is an app to help me with that. 😊
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Crochetlady thanks for checking in I was starting to wonder if you had crocheted yourself in a blanket (lol), awesome that you got a new to you bed and boxspring, take care of yourself

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@avoncallingu how's hubby doing these days my friend. Enjoy your wedding ceremony preparations it much be such a wonderful and fulfilling job

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well the gentleman that was giving away the boxspring emailed me this am thankfully we hadn't left saying it was a double not a queen so looks like we'll try and make do or purchase the 1 that is for sale for $20. So I didn't go to NF's as it is 40 minutes away so we did groceries in a town 20 minutes away, picked up lots of items on my list so should be good for a while. Then popped into sdm as I had a spend $30 get 4k points and I needed some Jane's chicken burgers which were on sale for ds1's lunches and a few misc. items for the house. I picked up the groceries for the cottage as we need to stock the cottage pantry as well instead of dragging items back and forth so that's good. Load of whites in on the clothesline, I will bring in soon and fold and put away. Wishing everyone a wonderful & frugal day. Supper tonight is moose steak subs so little cost to us for supper.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

We brought gas and the oil to mix and try out the weed trimmer. Works great so we bought it DH was looking at buying one on sale for $139 so I'm thankful that we saved over $100

The nosy gossiping small town "friends" are all members of at least one of the selling groups I'm selling stuff on Plus I haven't been at the usual playgroups/park outings making "nosy people" even more curious as to what's going on. I didn't think my life was that interesting lol.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

June is Parks and Recreation Month. Check your municipality for deals or freebies.
    I saw that a local municipality is having a sale on their fitness passes. Regular $80.00 for a 10 pass for the fitness center, is on for $60.00 for a 10 pass at the fitness center, expires at the end of September.
    But they also have a freebie. You can walk indoors at a few recreation centers in the morning for free. Free walking with a group. Good deal and bad weather doesn't matter

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Oshawa has free fitness Fridays. Work out for free
    http://calendar.oshawa.ca/Recreation...0Parks%20Month

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We made the difficult decision to post an advertisement on a busy local garage sale Facebook page in an attempt to find a good new home for one of our cats. He is a good animal, but would do better with older children. Today I was shocked and dismayed to get two nasty posts in reply to my advertisement.

"I had a 2 year old and newborn twins and never felt the need to get rid of other family members to make room! Just more to love"
    This was promptly followed by another member.
    "Maby if her twins don't get along she will try to get rid of one to poor excuse for getting rid of your pet"

My husband adopted this cat 7yrs ago. There is a chance that we might still keep the cat, but our son is over 2.5yrs old and just got scratched in the face beside his eye on the weekend. We also know that our cats will not be getting the attention that they deserve once the twins arrive. Some people can be so nasty. These people brought me to tears.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information