0 0%
  • Other/Haven't decided yet

11 20.75%
Page 19 of 123 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast
Like Tree3751Likes

Thread: October Federal Election Discussion / Poll

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

What a difference a day makes according to CBC polltracker. They have the NDP up 0.9% on Sep 2 over the day before and the CPC down 1.7% over the day before.

Doesn't sound like much, but on Sep 01 the projection was for a CPC minority with 124 seats to the NDPs 117. A day later the projection is a NDP minority with 122 seats to the CPC's 101 seats. Polltracker even has the Liberals at 114 seats now (if the vote were held today - or rather 3 days ago). A couple of percentage points makes a vast difference in seat counts in this election because it's just so close in so many ridings. Every vote counts this time ladies and gents. October 19 should be some interesting tv watching.

Edit: Oops, forgot the link.

http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives...dex.html#seats
    Last edited by DaveP; Sat, Sep 5th, 2015 at 06:48 PM.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Some conflicting numbers apparently.

DaveP likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

That's a very bad factcheck. The upheaval in the middle east and northern Africa is sending millions of refugees into the nearest countries away from the turmoil. Millions from Syria and Iraq have made their way to Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan. Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan are sheltering them on a temporary basis, often in camps where aid can be more easily distributed. Canada is one of the countries providing that aid. Those people are seeking temporary refuge until it's safe to return home and it's wonderful that those nearby countries are providing it with the help of the international community. Canada would do the same if our neighbors to the south suffered a cataclysm and needed temporary refuge.

Europe too, is accepting hundreds of thousand of refugees, but they don't really have a choice, the people are showing up starving on their doorsteps. And can you really say Hungary accepted 300,000 refugees when all they did is take them from trains coming from Serbia and put them on trains headed to Austria?

Canada is half a world away from this turmoil and the best way we can help is to send aid to those who need it and to try to put a stop to the violent people causing it so people don't have to leave their homes anymore. And we are doing that.

When we take refugees they are on a pathway to citizenship, unlike the refugees who made it to Jordan, Turkey and Lebanon. I think most of the refugees would love to go home if it could be made safe. Settling them in an alien land (Canada) with a strange culture and strange customs is, I'm sure, not what most of them would want. They want to live in their own lands in peace.

Let's work on that. Let's help them with that.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

We have always been half a world awa from most countries. What changed?

Apparently our peace keeping support is down as well, our ranking has gone down quite a bit.

If we are not No. 1, why is Harper saying that we are?

None of it makes any sense. His dead, beady eyed statements about the crisis didn't do much to convince anyone of his sincerity either.
    DaveP likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Yes, people would love to stay in their homes, go back to their homes, but what do you do when you have no home, your country is demolished because of international meddling.

Who funded the rebels who turned into power hungry maniacs?

Canada has always facilitated speedy actions. They have done so in the past because they wanted to. This govt. doesnt want to.
    DaveP likes this.
    R

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    We have always been half a world awa from most countries. What changed?

Apparently our peace keeping support is down as well, our ranking has gone down quite a bit.

If we are not No. 1, why is Harper saying that we are?

None of it makes any sense. His dead, beady eyed statements about the crisis didn't do much to convince anyone of his sincerity either.
    We've sent over $100 million in humanitarian aid, committed our military to defending the innocents in both Iraq and Syria (both through direct attacks on the bad guys so they can't hurt anyone anymore, and training the good guys to defend themselves and their families), and already accepted more than 25,000 refugees from Iraq and Syria with a commitment to take 10,000 more from Syria. Why are you saying we're doing nothing? If we were doing nothing then none of that would have happened.

If you want to complain about somebody, complain about Saudi Arabia. By far the richest nation in the region also with, by far, the most powerful military in the region who have done next to nothing except for a few token bombing sorties as part of the coalition. How many refugees has Saudi taken in? Exactly zero.

Anisa, rail against the Saudis, instead of Canada who is doing more than our share - considering most other countries on the planet are doing absolutely NOTHING.
    Last edited by DaveP; Sat, Sep 5th, 2015 at 07:42 PM.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Who funded the rebels who turned into power hungry maniacs?
    I'm curious Anisa, who? Are you saying Canada created ISIS?

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

S Arabians have a very strong dislike of non-arabs. They do not allow non-arabs to have status in their country. They are pretty transparent with their bigotry. You can't expect much of anything from them. It is disgustng
    R

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I'm not sure who told you i liked saudies lol
    DaveP likes this.
    R

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

S Arabians have a very strong dislike of non-arabs. They do not allow non-arabs to have status in their country. They are pretty transparent with their bigotry. You can't expect much of anything from them. It is disgustng
    Iraqis and Syrians are mostly arabs.

I'm not sure who told you i liked saudies lol

I never said you liked Saudis, I'm curious why you're criticizing Canada when we are doing far more than the Saudis are, when the Saudis should be doing far more than we are since they have far more ability to do so and they're right there.
    Last edited by DaveP; Sat, Sep 5th, 2015 at 08:05 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    What a difference a day makes according to CBC polltracker. They have the NDP up 0.9% on Sep 2 over the day before and the CPC down 1.7% over the day before.

Doesn't sound like much, but on Sep 01 the projection was for a CPC minority with 124 seats to the NDPs 117. A day later the projection is a NDP minority with 122 seats to the CPC's 101 seats. Polltracker even has the Liberals at 114 seats now (if the vote were held today - or rather 3 days ago). A couple of percentage points makes a vast difference in seat counts in this election because it's just so close in so many ridings. Every vote counts this time ladies and gents. October 19 should be some interesting tv watching.

Edit: Oops, forgot the link.

http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives...dex.html#seats
    Makes sense that it would change. Forum research came out with a new poll either yesterday or today that showed a large lead for the NDP and fall for the tories.....there is a problem....its forum research and therefore useless information
    DaveP likes this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    Makes sense that it would change. Forum research came out with a new poll either yesterday or today that showed a large lead for the NDP and fall for the tories.....there is a problem....its forum research and therefore useless information
    It seems to be Ontario according to the numbers. A few percentage points there mean the difference between dozens of seats. It looks like Ontario will decide this election, the other regions aren't fluctuating all that much.

Yeah, I know I haven't said anything earth-shattering there.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Iraqis and Syrians are mostly arabs.

I never said you liked Saudis, I'm curious why you're criticizing Canada when we are doing far more than the Saudis are, when the Saudis should be doing far more than we are since they have far more ability to do so and they're right there.
    Actually Many Iraqis and Syrians are Kurdish...And Kurds and arabs dont get along...

Incidentally the Kurdish community in canada has been campaigning for harper
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It seems to be Ontario according to the numbers. A few percentage points there mean the difference between dozens of seats. It looks like Ontario will decide this election, the other regions aren't fluctuating all that much.

Yeah, I know I haven't said anything earth-shattering there.
    Forum research has strong ties to the Toronto star
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    Actually Many Iraqis and Syrians are Kurdish...And Kurds and arabs dont get along...

Incidentally the Kurdish community in canada has been campaigning for harper
    The Kurds aren't the refugees, they have stood strong and defeated ISIS while other militaries fled in the face of ISIS. They've even stood against our ally Turkey's aggression against them.

I'm not surprised Canadian Kurds support our current government, our government supports the Kurds. I do too.

Page 19 of 123 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Thread Information