User Tag List

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@saundyl I completely get the need for me time, the kiddos are off to school tomorrow (happy dance) and now I just need to get dh back to work. I will say that if he doesn't work before his hunting atleast I will have the days to myself while he is hunting and the boys are at school, I'm on countdown mode (haha) 10 days...yippee....

Well tomorrow is my long awaited appointment for my bacterial infection in the armpit and then too many errands for my liking but they all need to be done so I'll put on my big girl panties and just do it.

Wishing everyone a great evening and for all the parents with kids back to school and a routine..hip hip hooray (lol)
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@Angela273 hope all is well and her body heals itself!!!

Back to school for DD1! But not for me!😜

Busy weekend. Two afternoons swimming and one in the sprinkler with family and friends.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @mom 0f5boys I can totally relate my MIL will sit on her arse during Christmas dinner, leave before the dishes and not help set the table etc. So now I loudly say I could really use a hand and well of course my hubby, kids come and FIL tells MIL to give me a hand. But still doesn't help with the dishes....sigh

We now alternate years last year was her house and I did help her with clean up and started the dishes (which I didn't used to do because of the following) but when she went out for a smoke while I was doing this I stopped and went and sat down with everyone else.
    Sounds like a plan - the next time, I will sit as well and see what happens!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yippppeeeee! They are off to school!! Pretty smooth morning! Dropped youngest off at his best friends house so they could walk together and oldest was being picked up by his friend. They are growing up!!! Lunch packing was great! Chicken wraps (real chicken from roasted chicken the other night!) Watermelon and pineapple (from last weekend spend $20 get 6000 PC PTS) Cut both up last night so will do us a few days. Will buy grapes when we run out since that is another fav and they are on sale. I brought watermelon and a yogurt for snacks today and have leftovers for my lunch at home waiting. Have to pull a few things to be ready for pick up later today so will do that on my lunch. Have a great day everyone!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

We had a flash rainstorm yesterday - went from bright sunshine to dark clouds and heavy rain back to bright sunshine within 5 minutes. Mother Nature was kind enough to offer an apology to all who got soaked in the form of a pretty rainbow.

Name:  P1100350.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  39.8 KB

Tonight I'm off to see another play. Sigh, I am such a junkie when it comes to theatre.

Brats are annoyed that there is no sunshine to nap in, so they're complaining. Better give them some treats to make everyone happy.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@jasperandchar: Thank goodness your son is fine and things (unfortunately) had to work out the way they did for there to be change. Good luck on your upcoming appointment.

@Angela273: I hope your LO heals quickly and there's nothing to worry about. Poor thing. Give her a cuddle for me.

Well, a harrowing drive to daycare today, only because it's diapers off. Sunday was entirely exhausting. It didn't seem like LO was going to tell us at all. I'm sure LO's closer to being potty trained when we started, but I have no idea how long this is going to take. A friend told me that it "clicked" one day, so maybe you can't tell until it happens. Saturday and Sunday were just draining though.

Yesterday there was one accident. I knew LO had to go and kept reminding to tell me if we needed to use the washroom. Twice, we rushed to the toilet and nothing happened. Then, about a minute later, LO decided to go on the floor.

Funny, but LO remained dry throughout naptime. Saturday and Sunday, we went without a diaper, according to our book and LO woke up completely soaked. Monday, LO drank a lot and didn't want to sit on the potty so I said diapers on. Bone dry on waking. Oh!

Unfortunately, LO was also sick on Monday. I'm not sure if I should call the company. We gave LO milk in the morning, and we were surprised when it was handed back empty so quickly and there was a request for "more". I took the milk off the shelf and went to refill it when I noticed that it had curdled. I smelled it and tasted a little and there was no sour smell or taste and dumped it all, hoping that it wasn't too bad. It hadn't expired so I didn't think to check for curdling.

Poor LO threw up. First it was a little, and then it was a LOT! I've never had to get out the paper towels, mops, cleaners, bucket... I couldn't believe I had to clean off the plant! We fed poor LO toast for lunch to settle whatever upset was left, but for the amount that came out, I'm not sure that would have been possible. Of course, DH is horrible with the smell of throw-up, so I had to do it all. Well, as long as DH promises to get any spiders, mice, and bugs.

Potty training stinks, in every sense of the word. Ha ha!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

It won't last forever and hopefully you are almost done! Hang in there! You will appreciate the hard work when you don't have to shell out for diapers anymore

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Had another pick up for stuff last night- $7 for pine garland (from storage locker So happy to have the big stuff going out the door! Have a few more pick ups lined up for tonight and tomorrow. I should have time to grab a bin or 2 from my spare room to post for sale too. People are buying so gotta get it posted!

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Good morning ladies

Today i'm off to buy paint at Home Depot as they have a $7.00 MIR on selected paints,and i need quite a few gallons for my kitchen..well better get my bum in gear and get moving.

Later ladies
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quiet day for me today-DD out the door by 7 for band practice and DH will be off to work for noon. My plan is laundry, perhaps a few groceries, preparing dinner and lazing around-oh and I usually do a walk too.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    It won't last forever and hopefully you are almost done! Hang in there! You will appreciate the hard work when you don't have to shell out for diapers anymore
    Luckily, I don't really shell out for diapers now. On the weekends, LO wears cloth and during the weekdays (but DH will sneak one in if I don't come back by the time LO wakes from nap), daycare covers all diapers and wipes. It's only the overnight diaper so we go through one diaper per 24 hours on weekdays, maybe two per 24 hours on the weekend.

For those with young children, is it worth stocking up on clothes that are year round like running shoes? LO had size 6 running shoes. I've been looking for size 7, bought three home to try on and they seem tight. By the pencil marks on the closet door, LO has grown two inches in the past two months. I think I'll go back and return the shoes for size 8. I don't have hope that I'll find amazing runners at $6.99 this time.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well then potty training will save you on washing cloth diapers! Regardless it will save you money and time

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went home for lunch and heated up leftovers from the other night (chicken, green beans and mashed potatoes) It was so good or I was so hungry! Then I ate the last of DS's ice cream cake lol. That time of the month. TMI!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

What a great thread! Hope I can join you!

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    Good morning ladies

Today i'm off to buy paint at Home Depot as they have a $7.00 MIR on selected paints,and i need quite a few gallons for my kitchen..well better get my bum in gear and get moving.

Later ladies
    We bought paint on the weekend! 4 cans. I have a feeling we might end up needing more but we won't know in time. Trying to decide if we should just buy a couple untinted to take advantage of the savings and then we can use them elsewhere or if we just wait and see. Paint isn't cheap! What colour are you using?

Not looking forward to potty training at all! My Mom has my little guy two days of the week, and she thinks she might start trying next week. I feel like I should get on board too to make it easier on everyone.
    Last edited by sotypical; Tue, Sep 8th, 2015 at 02:22 PM.
    Create a safer home, save money & space by cleaning with Norwex. Ask me for more details!
    my blog - imonglue.com

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-oh so tired had ashlyn from 6.30 last night -she didn't want to sleep at nana's house -I guess different surroundings -so I brought her down when she cried then someone decide to do fireworks 2 doors down from me on the street -ahh poor ashlyn was scared so I held her didn't get her down til 9.30
    then up at 7.45 this morning fed her -didn't want a bath at nana's either -I guess almost 2 is hard to take them out of their surrounding of sleep and bath -then took her home at 11.00 a.m and in bed for a nap at 12.20-my son his wife walked in at 12.40 and she was asleep
    -wow nana is tired today -so decided to do my puzzle and enjoy the peace and quit of my hubby not home -yes he went back to school with the kids (bus driver) he has 3 schools this year -lets hope the kids are good for him
    -on Wednesday will return 2 items and a few run around errands

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information