Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

So sorry for your loss Avon

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Posted this in the rant thread last night, apparently last night just was not my night. I needed to do some running around after work which I totally did not want to do but used the 10 minute drive to convince myself to just get it done and it all went horribly wrong.

First stop post office, some woman lost it on me for taking too long to get my mail and then even after I walk away she followed me to tell me how rude and aggressive I was and even when I would not answer her keep at me so really who is rude and aggressive here, I am patiently standing in line waiting to pick up my package. Probably did not help I was not feeling the best and for some reason this left me super upset.

Then off to the pharmacy my infection I get all the time is back, already pissed about this just treated it 2 weeks ago and it is back again. They do not have any of the treatments only have the more expensive one which is $15 more per treatment, I need 2 so $30 more. Okay I need it but this particular one does not work for me, I have tried it in the past because everyone says how it is the best one on the market that is why it cost so much more but it just does not work.

Then I get an email from the charity we spoke to over the phone and said they would take our wall unit and computer desk no problem as they are in our area once a month. Well now they just emailed saying they would happily accept our donation but will not pick it up. This is why we called them because we need it picked up, I have no way to transport it. This is the Desk and Wall Unit from hell they are taunting me I cannot get rid of them. I tried selling them did not work everyone low balled me or demanded delivery (ad says must pick up do not have a truck) and when I get that low or free I prefer to donate vs the hassle of pick up. Every charity we have contacted will accept the items but will not pick up due to where we are located even when their web site says they do pick up in this area. I just want them out of my house at this point they are taking up room we need.

After this I admit my ambition for last night was gone, so I ate 3 cinnamon buns for dinner and did 2 more rows of crochet on my blanket for my bed and that was my night.

Tonight I need to get my yarn in order, it is taking over the house so some storage cabinets I was going to sell we are going to move to the main floor and use for my yarn. I also need to check and see what Mom bought me yesterday they had a 50% coupon so she got me a 2 pack of hooks in sizes I did not have, plus she got some yarn that was on sale for me to make her blanket for Christmas. She wanted to finish a knitted blanket she started like 10+ years ago but she does not like knitting it makes her tense and I do not think she has enough yarn. So instead I talked her into letting me crochet one for her as her Christmas present. So I need to see what she bought and what I am working with.

Have a great day everyone, I must try to win the battle over all this paper work on my desk.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning all -just getting going a bit tired from watching "ashlyn" wow 2 year olds have so much energy -then I screwed my son's t.v up and had no sound -so turned it off yesterday and just played with her all day took her for a long walk in morning as it rained all afternoon -well behind in grocery shopping
    -son/wife had us stay for pork roast and potatoes and carrots last night -so nice to have a large meal with them

-well avon sorry about you beloved dog
    -off to hospital as my older brother has the heart surgery today -gonna go sit with my sister-in-law and her grown son's

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hello folks! This day is a very sad one. Our one dog had to have some surgery and we took the other one in for tests. As it turned out we had to put our one dog down. Our poodle is recovering from cyst and teeth removal and heartbreakingly, our schnauzer, MAX is no longer with us. It was all such a shock. I'm so upset. He was a little turkey but we loved him. He was with us for 4 years after having been dumped at the local off-leash dog park and he had such a spark of mischief! But today, we had to say good-bye to him. We will surely miss him.

Our poodle is SURE that I have caused all his current discomfort since I was the one to put the cone on him! I think it will be a long night.

Little prayers for our family would be appreciated. Good night, folks!
    So very sorry for your loss, avon - prayers for you as you get through all of this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

coupon girl - wishing all the best for your brother's surgery.

Well, it's a warmer start to the day than usual, so that's a good thing!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Angela273 : Good deals on diapers!
    @avoncallingu : I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.
    @SassyAshley : I don't know how people get so bent out of shape. There is no time limit at post offices, cashiers, service counters, etc. If the wait is unreasonable, it's up to the service provider to say "please wait, I'm going to serve someone else quickly so I can give you my full attention in a moment". If they're in a real rush, they need to show up when the office opens or be prepared for a wait.

Maybe my overall grumpiness is increasing. LO is testing her limits with me and is becoming a real wild child. The temper tantrums are getting out of control. I hope she doesn't turn into one of the kids on shows like Supernanny. Yesterday, it rained while coming home from daycare so we took a different route to the bus stop. She lost it and bawled because I didn't go the way she wanted or I wasn't on the side of the road she wanted to be on. She threw her milk, her hat, and both her shoes. She threw off her rain cover and exposed herself to the rain. She screamed that she wanted Daddy, jumped, flailed her arms and cried. She took off her chest straps and leaned out the side of the stroller as far as she could go, to the point that I was worried that her hair would get caught in the wheels.

People were looking at me out of their cars with their mouths open. So now I've become one of "those" parents. I am too tired to be concerned that other people are looking. I only pulled LO aside and had a stern word with her about taking off her straps. She wanted a hug but when I gave her one, she would not let go. It would not have usually have been an issue, but we were at the bus stop, and the bus came and left. The entire time, my large rear end was mooning a six lane busy street, getting very wet. She screamed for her shoes and her milk, but I refuse if she willingly tossed them in a fit. I do not want her to throw them into traffic.

I extricated myself to get us both home ASAP and she was still in tears by then. I picked her up, walked while holding her, and sang "You are my sunshine" and "My Bonnie lies over the ocean", substituting her name, to her until she calmed down. I hope this doesn't become a regular thing. I don't know if it's something at daycare or if this is a new phase. Each day, it seems like her current daycare has someone new as an intern, or filling in for someone else. She does not feel comfortable with telling them she needs to use the potty and has one accident daily.

She will be scheduled to move to a different daycare in July 2016. Hello, daycare #4. Sigh. We're moving her partly because it's the closest one and I will never have to rely on the bus to take her home. It's also part of the chain that she loved earlier this year and the teachers seem to be excited about the children. Her current daycare providers have no real plan day to day to engage the children and everyone seems to lack motivation or job satisfaction. LO has been hesitant about letting go of my hand in the mornings.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! I have had a busy past few days. Dealt with the 16 Lbs of ground beef I bought. Tons put in the freezer and then with 2 family packs made a cookie sheet of huge meatballs and 16 burger patties. Put all in the freezer but some meatballs for tonight's dinner. Dinner is meatballs (in slow cooker) with Ceaser salad, corn and something else (haven't decided). Will be nice to have dinner mostly ready so I can putter around the house tonight before we all snuggle on the couch to watch Survivor. Have a pick up today! (Christmas tree from storage locker bid) I knew it would sell I couldn't get on FB for days so did an update on my ipad last night and was able to get back on. So hope to do some posting tonight to sell more stuff this week. Have a great day everyone.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Avon sorry to hear of you loss of your beloved dog
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@coupon girl: Hoping your brother's surgery goes well.

*moved QOTD to October thread*
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Wed, Sep 30th, 2015 at 11:27 AM.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Foolishly slept through my alarm this morning, so missed my exercise session (I swear it wasn't deliberate ). Good thing my neighbour couldn't make it either, so we'll have to chalk it up to a vacation day. I have a feeling she won't let me have any more of those (we're supposed to be motivating each other). On the plus side, more time to play with the brats. Off to see a play later on, so a nice full day of fun.

Better go get lunch ready, a certain someone is drowning out the sound of traffic with her rumbling tummy (and that's after having had seconds at breakfast!).

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

http://www.finecooking.com/search?cx...et+pan+suppers

The Oct/Nov issue has sheet pan suppers-the curried chicken thighs one appeals but I looked at the price of chicken thighs at Fortino's this morning. Shock. The dish looks so sunny with the veggies, especially as I'm keen to try roasted cauliflower as a side dish and one pan sure appeals in the cleanup dept.! While many stores have flour, chocolate chips and the like on sale (for Thanksgiving), baking spices are not necessarily on sale. I saw a plastic jar of cardamom for $9+ but no tin which would be budget-friendlier. Definitely will have to see what Food Basics' prices are like to compare.

Something tells me I'm going to have to choose between buying the red wine I'd like to have next week or making the chicken dish unless I can get the meat and veggies at sale or reduced prices.

Tossed my Sept coupons out yesterday. The $2 Hellmans one for November might be handy soon if mayo goes on sale as it is $5.49 now. Will be checking the flyers for Thur/Fri.
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Sep 30th, 2015 at 12:26 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Felt like going out at lunch for a bit and you can tell it is the end of the month "and payday for many". It was so busy. And gas went up 10 cents a L! I will be ok till the weekend since we are going to a Colts game but gas is usually cheaper in Barrie so I will fill up there.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Felt like going out at lunch for a bit and you can tell it is the end of the month "and payday for many". It was so busy. And gas went up 10 cents a L! I will be ok till the weekend since we are going to a Colts game but gas is usually cheaper in Barrie so I will fill up there.
    @Frugalbigmama where did gas go up by 10 cents? I can see a rise coming tomorrow of a penny but that is it?

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@avoncallingu so sorry to hear about MAX, very sad indeed no 2 animals are the same with their quirks that sometimes drive us insane but we love them none the less (hugs) and prayers for your family.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Gas went up here, too, by six cents - and they warn it's going to be higher yet. So it's at 1.10 BUT last year at this time it was 1.22!

Love this site to check gas prices, history etc.

http://www.gasbuddy.com/

Ciel, thanks for the site - I'm all about one-pan meals, whether on a sheet, roaster, or casserole.

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast

Thread Information