User Tag List

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree3221Likes

Thread: November 2015 Frugal Chat Thread

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Whishing everyone a good night!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Another beautiful day here today. Meeting my friend for a walk on my lunch break if she is up for it. I was good and took the dog for a walk last night too even though I was comfy on the couch. Wore my down filled vest, brought hat and mitts and didn't need it at all. It was so nice out!! My dog was pooped she isn't the best walker so I don't take her often because she just wants to go back home.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Been burning the candle at both ends again. Had a whack of appointments this week, one of which was before the clinic opened (nice of them to fit me in so I don't have to wait several months, but 7am is an ungodly hour, sheesh!).

Critters are doing well. Slightly annoyed at the hours I'm keeping, and still insisting dinner be served at the "old" hour (early breakfast is just fine ). I've been babysitting a neighbour's cat this week. The poor guy is a bit lonely, so I've spent a bit of time playing with him. Lily dog was excited the first day I came back from my visit and could smell the kitty. Then there was Quincy cat's reaction. I hadn't realized that that was the first time I'd ever babysat a male kitty. Quincy rushed over to sniff me when I came back, stopped dead and started growling and hissing. Then he realized he was hissing at me and was thoroughly confused. Suffice to say that he is not a happy camper and thinks I'm cheating on him. There is good reason I call him my jealous boyfriend.

Better go play with the brats before I run off to check on the neighbours (busy week, I have a lonely doggy and lonely kitty to entertain).

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 6 others like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Chill here this morning not doing must as i ended up with a sore back from removing the floor.Tomorrow off with my dd to Albany NY to see a friend and do a bit of Outlet shopping.Well off to grab a another cup of tea and see if there's anything else i can clean up.

Have a great day ladies
    Crochetlady, Ciel, cath007 and 3 others like this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I paid my hydro bill on Nov. 2nd via Pc financial, I checked today and Hydro still has not rec'd my payment, I did receive an auth #, however, PC bank told me it could take 3 days.....so I'm already 1 day late.

Should I call hydro and say I have an auth# so they don't charge penalty fee. And being a day or 2 late does that affect my credit?
    You could try calling Hydro, but they may say that there is a disclaimer from your bank before you press submit that there will be a delay of a few days. Being late does not affect your credit, it's being in arrears that will.

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I brought them in today when I came home. He was watching TV so he didn`t notice. He doesn`t cut me off...I tell him I need variety in patterns and I can`t sell what I don`t have.
    I have also learned over the years to buy yarn and towels when I see something I want, especially seasonal, because there is no guarantee that it will be available the next year.
    Isn't it a knitters rule to buy enough to finish the project and a little more in case the batch colour changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I placed an order with Herrschners on Sunday using my PC CC. Last night I noticed there are 2 charges pending...1 from Sunday...1 from yesterday. They are for different amounts. Not sure who I should call.
    Call Herrschners first and ask about the extra charge.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Luckily there was one doc on duty at the hospital they flew her to who had seen just one similar case before and was able to figure out what was going on.
    Very fortunate indeed!
    saundyl, Crochetlady, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Crochetlady I would call the store as they are the ones that put the charges through, perhaps they can email you a copy of the receipts, etc, good luck
    @lizzie bargain great news about your sil
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I decided to pay hydro again today a little more to cover the interest...sigh...I now have my calendar marked for the end of the month to ensure my payments arrive on time going forward. The problem is we are in a community mailbox and dh doesn't always pick up the mail but I made a point of saying that it needs to be done on the days he works atleast.

While Logan had his counselling appointment last night, dh & I did some much needed groceries at Freshco. I hadn't done a real grocery for 2 weeks, no wonder the pantry and fridge were looking pretty grim....anyways $147. spend and not much purchased but got a lot of those items that are expensive that you don't purchase often so overall pretty pleased.

Supper tonight is pizza and fries for the kiddos and hot roast pork sandwiches for the adults with fries..yummers...with side of yellow & green beans.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Had to buy gift certificates for a restaurant for a charity auction we are donating to at work. Instead of going to the restaurant went to RCSS and used my PC M/C to get 30 pts per $!!!! Free points!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

FYI- All the almond milk at RCSS are on for 2 for $7 (so $3.50 each) I had PC PT offer for 200 pts per $1 spent in the health section so 1400 pts on something I buy on a regular basis! Perfect timing because I will open my last carton tonight (made kids smoothies to go this morning )

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    FYI- All the almond milk at RCSS are on for 2 for $7 (so $3.50 each) I had PC PT offer for 200 pts per $1 spent in the health section so 1400 pts on something I buy on a regular basis! Perfect timing because I will open my last carton tonight (made kids smoothies to go this morning )
    @Frugalbigmama : There are coupons for $1 off, depending on the brand on the SmartSource section of SC.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well we are getting a new garage door in 4-5 weeks wasn't planned for in the budget (with so close to xmas)but again emergency savings are getting used up (hubby is gonna put a garage door opener in to save a bit)
    -got a cheque from service Canada for 93.00 my sticker money back minus a fee for paper filing -plus waiting for my 80.00 checkout51 cheque these amounts will come in handy
    -all week have hung clothing out this morning did the throws in the house

-supper tonight fish (market cut cod was on for 3.99 I p.m last week)French fries and corn
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

CG-what is sticker money from Service Canada?

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post

Don't you just love it when that happens it should happen more often lol
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @Frugalbigmama : There are coupons for $1 off, depending on the brand on the SmartSource section of SC.
    Thanks! I remember after I buy them every time lol. Have a few coupons at home still lol
    Crochetlady, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    CG-what is sticker money from Service Canada?
    I think she means her plate sticker since she returned them

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information