User Tag List

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree2595Likes

Thread: January 2016 frugal chat thread

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Avon: J&c has a technical issue, I checked in with her as I was missing her motivating, uplifting posts as well.
    Good luck with the downsizing. That is our goal this year for both sets of parents. DHs parents are nearly 90 and live Independantly so we are encouraging them to get ready to move out of the house. My dad has some significant health issues and we are anticipating a nursing home for him and an apartment for my mom. It is very hard to go through a lifetime of stuff and let it go. My mom has been regifting special things to the family and it has been very well received. My cousins have enjoyed getting something from her that may have been our grandparents and have my mom share the story of the gift My brother and I are in total support. In fact for Christmas my mom gave me a simple basket that I have always loved and my sister in love a piece of china that has a beautiful story attached to it. So it's a win for all of us.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning. I am in downsizing mode too. just want to be ready if I decide to sell and buy another house. Plus less stuff equals better life.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-granger enjoy time off from here
    -I truly enjoy my time on here -not a lot of friends in my life (I feel I can talk to you guys)
    -lilo its true stress is not good my daughter has a stressfull job in t.o and maybe that's why she took 2 trips 10 months apart first Ireland in march -now Italy she emailed me last night wishing me happy new year(ahhh she is thinking of us even on their trip) -and they gave up one fancy meal to save them 200 and she cooked in her rented condo -she that's frugal -I think I taught her well and my son too(he is really cheap)-my daughter has a trip fund and a car fund -so when her old crappy car goes they will be able to pay cash for the next used one

-just sold a wii game on kijij for my daughter 5.00-the lady wanted to meet me near her house I said sorry if you can please come to my house -don't want to waste gas on a 5.00 item

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -granger enjoy time off from here
    -I truly enjoy my time on here -not a lot of friends in my life (I feel I can talk to you guys)
    -lilo its true stress is not good my daughter has a stressfull job in t.o and maybe that's why she took 2 trips 10 months apart first Ireland in march -now Italy she emailed me last night wishing me happy new year(ahhh she is thinking of us even on their trip) -and they gave up one fancy meal to save them 200 and she cooked in her rented condo -she that's frugal -I think I taught her well and my son too(he is really cheap)-my daughter has a trip fund and a car fund -so when her old crappy car goes they will be able to pay cash for the next used one

-just sold a wii game on kijij for my daughter 5.00-the lady wanted to meet me near her house I said sorry if you can please come to my house -don't want to waste gas on a 5.00 item
    Me too! My friends like to spend money even when they don't have it so I like chit chatting with like minded people

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We made coffee at home and brought brought for our outing to Superstore and Food Basics. Got. A few deals ( pilsbury cookies marked down to .94 cents and then .50 cent coupons. Put in the freezer to bake later for kids. Chit chatted about how we really want to utilize the amazing garden at my moms this summer. We are going to go nuts and stock our freezer for winter including making to as of pasta sauce. Primo mini pasta (for soup) is on for .99 at Food Basics in case anyone missed it. Expire 2018 . Never tried it but grabbed one to make soup soon. Tonight's dinner is pork chops, potatoes, green beans and coleslaw.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@avoncallingu moving into an apartment I am sure will be much less stressful on you and your dh and maybe even the fur babies, best of luck selling your home, when we set our minds to something nothing stands in our way (packing up etc)

Ps thanks for thinking of me
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon all,

After mass last night we ran errands and grocery shopping.

I spent more than I wanted BUT we are stocked for the next while on items that are not necessarily on each weeks grocery list. I also purchased many baked goods which were on clearance as I could not make them myself with the cost of berries, hydro etc for the prices I paid so I have a nice little sweet tooth stockpile in the freezer.

I'm really appreciated all my gathering in the summer and vegetable/fruit processing. We are having pasta with homemade sauce made with our tomatoes from the garden tonight and I have a whole chicken out for tomorrows supper. Also enjoying the rhubard and pears that were given to us over the summer/fall months which saves me tons on fruits for baking.

My main challenge for January is to be "mindful" to take the meat out of the freezer the night before AND have 1 night as leftovers or quick cheap fix to help with the budget and stretch the grocery expenses for the month.

Wishing everyone a great day
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Have the second load of laundry in. Need to get off here and get some crocheting done. After I get these towels done I`m going to take a break. It just isn`t going right anymore. Think I need to step back for a couple weeks and do something else.
    Yesterday I cashed out my CO51 account...66.50. It took over a year to get that but it all helps out.
    Have a great day ladies.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I looked at snap saves and co51 today....nothing we purchased is on there or its specfic to walmart which is 5+hours away !

Making tortellini soup today. Beef dips for supper.

Planning to do some laundry and knit a bit. Back to work tomorrow.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
    Last edited by saundyl; Sun, Jan 3rd, 2016 at 03:21 PM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I agree when it comes to stress. I love my job and my old department but working in that group setting can be super stressful as it seems like everyone judges what you are doing. I am really looking forward to this move as even though it will be more work I really feel my stress level will go down. But I look forward to working on my own yes I have to carry the workload alone but I really feel this is best for me right now.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well chatted with my sister-in-law (who's like a sister to me)told her hubby needed new jeans as his ripped the other day
    -was gonna go to marks workwarehouse but she said come down to her house and she would take us to Costco
    -well I got hubby 2 pairs 16.99 each and she hemmed them at her house plus got coffee creamer 1.95 large one and Chicago popcorn mix 7.45-2.00 Costco cpn=5.45 oh and sister-in-law got a 3 pack of luncheon meat 14.99 and I bought one of the packs off her 5.00

-so nice of her to save us some money -gave her son a pkg of 2 calvin klein socks 9.99 reduced to 5.00 from winners -just wanted to throw an extra gift her way as she spent too much on us at xmas -a large puzzle box and show passess from Costco

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

I said "Good Bye" to a ton of 2015 coupons! ~Time to re-build now and hopefully good ones come out this year!

Name:  2z6rudy.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  11.0 KB

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Another day where we were supposed to go shopping but we did not go. I could get used to this not shopping things but my stockpile will only last so long.

I have to go to our other location tomorrow afternoon to meet my replacement and will be stopping on my way home at Bulk Barn. After a ton of research I think I have finally figured out health wise what is going on with me. I am a little bit annoyed that my doctor was of no help in this situation. It looks like my best options are some natural options so I will stop and grab what I need from Bulk Barn tomorrow to get started on my new path. Hoping I can find the right mix for my body and get this all sorted out. I am super hopeful.

Back to work tomorrow and looking forward ton getting back into a routine, I have learned I work best on a routine.

Well off to make a lunch for tomorrow have a great night everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I am so not looking forward to going to work tomorrow. At least my food is ready for the day so no spending at all and will hit the gym on my lunch. Coffee and oatmeal with almond milk for breakfast. Leftovers for lunch. Sliced cucumbers and watermelon for snack. Should be a good start to the week.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well I babysit the next 2 days 7.00 til 6.00 p.m and poor little "ashlyn" has a cold -she stayed up on new years eve til 10.30 as my son had a few friends and their little ones over -they didn't drink thou just all put in on Chinese

-working on my gunball puzzle -one puzzle from value village was missing half the border so may try to take that back this week -wed if I am not too tired (who donates puzzles with half the border missing -ugggg

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information