User Tag List

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree2595Likes

Thread: January 2016 frugal chat thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@coupon girl glad you had a good trip to Costco, very kind of your sister in law to take you and do the hemming
    @SassyAshley good luck in your new position
    @Crochetlady enjoy your break from your hobby, sometimes stepping away for a while does a world of good

wishing everyone a great evening
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Monday and back to work. I have had quite the busy morning, I got here just after 6 and had all of my stuff moved out of my old office before 7. Got one of the guys to carry my chair and now I am just getting settled in my new office. It is amazing what you gather and collect in 11 years at your desk, so going to purge what I do not need.

Only here for part of the day then off to meet my replacement which means I will be late getting home tonight so think I am going to plan a pretty simple dinner for myself. Also think I will stop on the way home to grab organic Apple Cider Vinegar and Coconut Oil which I need to try to work into my diet to improve my health hopefully, if these do not work I will go from there and try other option I found.

I have decided this year is going to be my year to get back on track and I am looking forward to the year to come.

Have a great day everyone.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Happy New Year!!! Here's hoping 2016 is a good one!

I barely managed to stay up til midnight on the 31st - guess the go-go-go of the past 2 months finally caught up to me. On the plus side, I was spoiled rotten (we all were!) and have energy to face the new year. Even better, this is the first year in ages that I'm not recovering from surgery.

Quincy cat is back to his normal, obnoxious kitty self, stealing my socks and tormenting poor Lily dog. And demanding treats every 5 minutes. After the scare he gave me, he can have as many treats as he wants...as long as he works for them (he's not happy he's back home where the treat dispenser is not as generous ).

If anyone has any prayers they can spare, my bff can really use them. Her Dad had surgery for the broken hip before Xmas and was doing well, then had the allergic reaction to the medication. Things were looking up, then Sunday night, something went wrong. He's now in critical care. bff and her Mom feel guilty that they were pushing her Dad to try harder (he didn't want to eat let alone try to move - no one, including the doctors and nurses, realized how sick he was). At this point, no one knows how long he has (they're talking weeks at most ). I'm having a hard time being supportive, cause of the memories that keep overwhelming me (he's in the same hospital and same unit that my Dad was in 2 years ago), so I feel guilty I'm not doing more. Sigh. I hate being a grown up some days.

Better go cuddle the clingy one, he's feeling sorry for himself that he finished his breakfast and might actually have to wait an hour for a treat (we won't mention how much, er, little of my dinner I had last night, given that I had to split it 3 ways ).

Off to enjoy the sunshine (through the windows only - it's COLD!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Andit welcome home, glad everyone got spoilt, sending prayers fro your bff and her family
    @SassyAshley good luck with your new health regime, hope you find some relief

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Baby it's cold outside (haha)

Managed to card in 1/2 the Rubbermaid bins and have taken down most of the Christmas décor and trees so pretty pleased I managed to get that much done in an hour.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Andit Sending prayers and positive thoughts to your friend.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Well back to the grind!!! wishing everyone great health and prosperity for the New Year.
    Christmas is almost put away, our real tree really dropped needles this year and I think I will still be finding them in July!! I packed up all the leftover baking and will drop off at the Salvation Army to serve with their Friday lunch they put on. I kept a few of the cookies for my son's lunches and they are portioned and in the freezer. No real big resolutions, just the usual spending less and earning more!! I have also vowed to walk a half hour a day no matter the weather, our lab is getting old and can only go a bout 15 minutes which doesn't give me a cardio workout so I will take her around our close and drop her when she is tired and carry on.
    I hope everyone with ailments finds their health improving! enjoy the day!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    OK, I don't get it. I have a nephew who has travelled Europe (while on student loans). He has a good job now but tons of debt. He needs winter tires for his truck but says he can't afford them because he had too many other unexpected expenses.

I told him flat out that he shouldn't be taking trips if he didn't have the money - to get his loans paid off first. He looked at me like I had two heads and said, "We'll then I'll never get to see anything for years." I said, "If it takes 10 years then so be it." What is it with people...sigh....the age of entitlement I suppose. But it bugs me because we get to hear these stories and it is almost like he is hoping some family members will cough up the money for him!
    Suddenly he might discover what kijiji is for (selling off car parts, other things including any gadgets or game systems he had to have way back when) or the student classifieds at his post-secondary school if he's motivated to sell things and get money to buy tires.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well I survived the day back at work. Wasn't as bad as I was expecting. My man said it's meatloaf Monday so happy that he is making a nice meal for this cold day. I can report that I did and will not spend a penny today! I am on a mission!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just stopped by to wish all of you a Happy, Prosperous and Healthy New Year. Unfortunately DH and I fell asleep at 9 p.m. on New Year's Eve and didn't see the new year ring in. We ordered Chinese food for dinner and then crashed. Christmas tree was down on Boxing Day. Love that the living room looks so much bigger again. Been having car issues for the past couple of months and it's totally stressing me out. Health wise I have been having lower back pain (where my kidneys are) and upper abdominal pain. This has been going on for 3 weeks now. Need to find time to go see my doctor. I'm kind of happy I'm back at work today as I needed to get back into the routine of things. I could easily get used to staying at home. Loved having a couple of pajama days by myself. Hope you all have a good night.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-babysat ashlyn today -poor little thing is so stuffed up congested with a cold -I rubbed her chest with vicks and put the vaporizer on and cuddled her a lot today(she was so peeved off when her nose kept running )-was so tired on the way home 6.00 picked up a pizza at little cesars -6.25 so thought that's not to bad
    -wow this is so cold -we are not use to it yet we have been spoiled here in southern ontario

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Has anyone ever checked the lost money type sites or the bank of Canada for possible forgotten money? I found my dad's aunt listed on there recently for having 1200 in an account

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just wanted to say Good Morning to everyone and hope you all have a wonderful day! ^^^I checked maybe 2 years ago and no one in my family was on the list.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Sunny but cold here today too. Yes we did get spoiled! Can't wait to go home afterwork and snuggle on the couch. After I do laundry and all that fun stuff Not sure the dinner plan yet but just me and the little one and he is easy to please so will whip something up. His brother did not eat his steak dinner that I plated for him New Years so that nice big steak was put in the freezer so may whip up some pasta with mushrooms, onions, peppers etc with the steak

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Making a pot of soup with the chicken carcass from last night's supper, I will keep a few days worth in the fridge and freeze the rest for later use.

Tonight's supper is homemade chicken fingers with perogies and side salad.

I have hot Italian sausages thawing for tomorrows supper, quick supper as we need to go out in the evening.

Nothing much needed at the grocery store, however, I have a spent $30 get 8k in over the counter medication so I will take advantage of this offer and build back my sdm points up for 2016's Christmas. As we were able to redeem $500's worth of points for this past Christmas which made a substantial difference in December's budget.

Wishing everyone a great day

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information