User Tag List

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree2595Likes

Thread: January 2016 frugal chat thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Did groceries spent too much so I am not doing groceries until February - only exception Milk which I will get dh to pick up on his way home from work.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

J and C-you must be well stocked up-I don't think we could go 2+ weeks without hitting the grocery store.
    ROMEO, avoncallingu, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Skipped grocery shopping yet again. We were supposed to go Sunday but Mom texted me change of plans let's go tonight she just phoned to say she isn't into and is just coming home and isn't going back out. So guess we will see what happens as right now the plan is to leave Monday morning just have to decide if I am coming back Tuesday or Wednesday.
    ROMEO, avoncallingu, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went grocery shopping today and it was after a week and a half -just used meat in freezer etc-mind you my fruit ran down but stocked up again -apples ,broccoli ,blueberries

-just got in from date night with hubby saw the revenance -I give it an 8/10 plus used my shoppers free admit one passes -first we went to supper at harveys 12.97 with a coupon plus I got scene points -took my own water into show and chocolate bars-mind did buy hubby a coffee and me a tazeo tea from starbucks 4.97 not frugal but enjoyed it
    saundyl, Natalka, ROMEO and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday with some sale priced fruit and veggies at No Frills-stocked up a bit for DH as DD and I will be away. Today is packing day as we leave Monday morning and I hate packing last minute. My sister told me there is an official exchange rate and an unofficial exchange rate in Argentina and to bring crisp $100 US bills to get the best deals from the street money traders. Luckily for us we have a US account so can cash those in for pesos( and the peso was recetly devalued against the US dollar). Apparently this is the best deal as opposed to the banks or credit cards. I have been doing lots of childcare lately so that will more than cover our fun money, accomodation is free and I already paid the airfare in October so it should be a reasonably economical vacation.
    ROMEO, avoncallingu, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Have a great time Lizzie
    ROMEO, avoncallingu, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Lizzie: Enjoy your vacation & time with your family.
    Not sure what is on the agenda today. DH has what we suspect is a migraine so the house is quiet. He has been sick since Wednesday so its made for a cheep week of groceries. I think I will just tackle the laundry room which is our dumping ground for stuff. Logan needed new shoes for lacrosse and while in the laundry room contemplating the crap I found a perfect pair of Nike's that had been his brothers gym shoes so I just saved at least 50.00
    I have a personal gaol of getting rid of 200 items from my house in January and I am at 85 items so I need to get moving.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Went grocery shopping this morning, we needed a few things and I wanted to put it off but couldn't put it off we needed Milk, Yogurt and Toilet Paper. To my surprise Mom decided to get up and go with me so we did a kind of full grocery shop. We no longer have a grocery surplus it was spent today but I am happy with everything we got.

To my shock our No Frills had ton of 50% off stickers, I admit when it dropped to 30% & 25% I stopped looking but since it was back to 50% I took a look. Vegetables were past even 50% with the exception of some bananas which I bought for baking. As well we needed yogurt for baking but WOW yogurt has gotten expensive, found 2 Greek Yogurt with 50% off stickers so bought those for baking as well. Also grabbed 2 packages of buns and a loaf of bread with 50% off stickers.

Now to figure out what we are going to make.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Muffins or quick breads that you can heat up for early breakfasts with a bit of butter, to give your heart energy before you dash into the cold for the car and commute to work, @SassyAshley . Great score on the 50% off finds too!

Last night, I used the kraft paper side of a roll of Xmas gift wrap to trace out the two piece outfit pattern, added allowances (put 2 inches at centre fronts because I'm using lengthwise grain of flannel sheet sections for this endeavour) and cut out the pieces. Have to start sewing today. I can see the neckline is going to be much bigger but this is my diversion.

If someone goes to Fabricland, please tell me if there is any discount on the Burda pattern tracing paper. It was $14.69 last time I looked (late Nov/early Dec) and that's why I'm saving my pattern paper for blouses and using wrapping paper for this project.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@lizzie bargain have a wonderful trip
    @Lilo 003 love your burging goal for the month, excellent way to get rid of clutter and items no longer need

We installed the door in Jaden's room this am so pretty pleased, the door was purchased several months back and glad to see it finally hung up and of course more privacy for him.

We are off to 4pm mass this evening and dh may run into the hardware store for shims for the other doors to be installed and then perhaps pick up the door for the future powder room which is now a storage closet (haha).
    @SassyAshley gotta love those pink stickers, it certainly makes the budget stretch so much farther

Wishing everyone a great afternoon & evening
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Sat, Jan 16th, 2016 at 02:57 PM.
    Natalka, ROMEO, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

So the day brought a trip to the ER and take out pizza for dinner. DH has been getting progressively worse and having grown up with a parent that suffered migraines he is off the chart. He has never had one so I doubt the diagnosis and at noon when he started slurring his words and made no sense I said enough. The only good thing is they did a CT scan which was clear but otherwise he is not better. He is having vision issues and at moments not even coherent. My 1st impression with our billion dollar hospital was its pretty and the staff are nice but that's about it. So we came home with more meds. Dinner was pizza from metro as I had to go to the pharmacy. since I have a very healthy husband this is a little more than scary.
    ROMEO, avoncallingu, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Lizzie Enjoy your trip!! i know you have been looking forward to it for a long time!!

Lilo, I hope your husband recovers soon, worrisome symptoms indeed.

I had a fun shop at no frills with my daughter to pick up some things for our freezer cooking day tomorrow. I bought 10 packs of blackberries with a few driscolls coupons and had 500 points for each package so 7 of the packages cost a dollar each and the other 3 were a dollar fifty. They had lots of pink stickers and the Armstrong cheese deal was awesome because I had coupons, so I got 900 grams of cheese for 4.00. I did this twice so we are well stocked for cheese for a while!!
    I have chicken thighs simmering to make a broth for chicken tortilla soup, we are also making roasted red pepper soup with a balsamic glaze and an Indian soup called Dal Pak. While the soups are simmering we are making burritos and breakfast Mcmuffins. We have so much fun doing this and it is so nice not to cook during the week!!!
    Wishing all a great weekend!
    saundyl, Natalka, ROMEO and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Worked on poopsie's blanket laatvnight again. My sister is now off work (drs orders) and poopsie is expected march 8th. Below is theblanket...and the wool i used together...the grey sure us lightened by the green. I have enough of the wool to finish poopsie's and make our great neice or nephew (due in may) ones of the same thing.

Did my physio yesterday . Knee is much improved.

Took the flex in For servicing ($180) Had a "bright" idea to get them to install the winterfront. $104.50 later on top of the service i will figure out how to remove it myself come spring.

Got my hair cut and booked highlights for in April.

To top it all off...my mom received reminders for bills never sent out to her...me and my dad from 2009, 2012 and 2014. I will be paying mine i remember telling the man after asking about 6 times for the bill that i could not pay him if he wasnt going toprovide me with something saying what the cost was and saying it was to go to me not my mom (shows how much he listened). I gave up asking him because ge got snarky with me. She assumed it was paid ive been waiting for him to complain and give me the bill. Which i will be paying.

Today was Star wars. Im mildly disappointed but it was still decent. Groceries and knitting more this afternoon.

Bf seems to be in a mood this afternoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    So the day brought a trip to the ER and take out pizza for dinner. DH has been getting progressively worse and having grown up with a parent that suffered migraines he is off the chart. He has never had one so I doubt the diagnosis and at noon when he started slurring his words and made no sense I said enough. The only good thing is they did a CT scan which was clear but otherwise he is not better. He is having vision issues and at moments not even coherent. My 1st impression with our billion dollar hospital was its pretty and the staff are nice but that's about it. So we came home with more meds. Dinner was pizza from metro as I had to go to the pharmacy. since I have a very healthy husband this is a little more than scary.
    I hope hes improving or they figure out what is wrong!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
    Natalka, ROMEO, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lizzie have a fun trip
    -lilo hope your hubby is getting better

-got ashlyn at 2.00 p,m today -gee its busy having a toddler overnight -we took her to indigo this afternoon and I bought her a peppa pig book -she carried the bag thru the store didn't want me to hold it -flipped out in the car being put in her car seat -ohhh boy funnn -had kraft dinner for supper with poppa and then a few grapes and apple cut up -then went to give her a bath and she banged on the bathroom door -but then was okay with going in nana's (dub a dub)refers to my bathtub -so read her a book and off to bed at 7.40 as she didn't nap today at all -needless to say I am going to bed now as she may get up early cause different environment

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I can't believe they sent him home with those symptoms. Did they consider a stroke, or a TIA?
    Gosh, I sure hope he's okay.

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information