User Tag List

Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

[QUOTE=TaraF;6545980]Well I'veI have to report that my diabetes has totally come back into check and that I'm quite happy about it. Infact I am getting a lot of lows as of late, it went down to 3.8 tonight I didn't want to take any dextrose sugar tablets to bring it up so I rushed to make my dinner early instead. lol I was just having cabbage rolls and so I toasted a bagel to give me some extra carbs, that brought the sugar up! My Endocrinologist has been trying to get me to switch my insulin because "obviously it's not working for you, your levels are 10-15". "Well Dr the truth is *I* am not working with my insulin or my body, my own fault." This is proof. Eating properly and exercising has lowered my glucose levels to a MAXIMUM of 7.0 since January 1. WAHOO! That's a personal victory for me if nothing else. Well I'm taking my below advice. Goodnight all!

Oh, TARA, that in such incredibly wonderful news!!! I've seen my brother go through such tough times since his early 30s with diabetes, the insulin injections several times a day, now a permanent stent, and now the possibility...well...Let's just say that had he developed the fortitude you have, the knowledge and the guts to stick to a healthy plan he may not be where he is today.

Bless your heart, Tara. You're a living inspiration to all of us!!!
    TaraF, harbie, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I am having a scotch, Walkonby!
    3 points and I'm still not up to my max!
    Don't judge me.....
    TaraF, harbie, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning ladies. Unfortunately didn't have time to check in yesterday so I'm checking in now and wow....thank you so much for the fruit info. I brought my regular 4 pieces of fruit today. I guess I will eat two. Made baked cauliflower for DH last night with cheese and crushed crackers on top. I simply had a bowl of bran cereal. I had a boiled egg this morning with a slice of toast. Lunch is a ham sandwich. You ladies are all doing amazing. Way to go!!!
    harbie, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I am having a scotch, Walkonby!
    3 points and I'm still not up to my max!
    Don't judge me.....
    oh really?? What's his name?

Good morning gang!!

I am stunned after getting on the scale this a.m. Seeing another loss so soon has my spirits soaring! This of course won't count until Saturday ( my actual weigh in day ) but who knows? maybe I'll drop another .5 before then? ( Since Jan 1st is is now just a " hair " under 13 lbs lost! )
    Three cheers for us all!
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Jan 20th, 2016 at 07:32 AM.
    TaraF, harbie, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Walks, Walks, Walks........tsk, tsk, tsk.....that wasn't him.

GOOD MORNING everyone!!!

Like Walkonby, I'm experiencing weight loss, albeit small ones, every day. I never thought I'd enjoy weighing in every morning, but I do! It's easy to correct a glitch in the diet that way....
    I still have't had my coffee, so off I go...lousy dreams last night, so I'm really wiped.

Toodles for now and have a great day, everyone!!
    TaraF, harbie, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Ya know @Lynn49 it's not easy. We all know that, or we all wouldn't be here. Whether it's losing weight, disease management, etc. It can take time for many people time get the right formula that works for them, or the being in the right mindset to realize they deserve to be as healthy as the next guy.

When exercising last night I was watching a new program called Fit to Fat to Fit where a trainer gains weight, in this case 61lbs, to be able to understand what it's like to carry extra weight, and then deals with an overweight client as they lose weight together. Not something I'd recommend to "open your eyes" to the struggle of weight loss lol It was interesting though.

And look at you ladies! You guys are busting January out! Awesome job.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Tara, do you use medication for you diabetes ? or are you on diet/excercice program ?
    harbie and Lynn49 like this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

@Mia001 I've been on insulin for about 2 years now for my diabetes. Now that I'm really paying attention to everything, and adjusting my diet, upping my exercise, etc, I have to adjust my insulin to take less of it. Prior to that though I was on medication for my diabetes since I was diagnosed at 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    Tara, do you use medication for you diabetes ? or are you on diet/excercice program ?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    Ya know @Lynn49 it's not easy. We all know that, or we all wouldn't be here. Whether it's losing weight, disease management, etc. It can take time for many people time get the right formula that works for them, or the being in the right mindset to realize they deserve to be as healthy as the next guy.

When exercising last night I was watching a new program called Fit to Fat to Fit where a trainer gains weight, in this case 61lbs, to be able to understand what it's like to carry extra weight, and then deals with an overweight client as they lose weight together. Not something I'd recommend to "open your eyes" to the struggle of weight loss lol It was interesting though.

And look at you ladies! You guys are busting January out! Awesome job.
    Tara, you're so right about 'mind-set'. I can't tell you how many times I've started, stalled then stopped diets. But one day it just seems like the most important thing to do and something sets a person on fire to actually DO it; I'm so happy I caught that fire and I pray I can keep it lit until I feel I'm at a better weight. I'm not aiming for high-school or BC (before children), but something I can feel good in my skin again.

I'm thrilled that you can cut down on your meds by doing research and working towards that goal...you're such an intelligent young woman, bless your heart..
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Today I feel I've failed. Since it's that time of the month (thankfully it will be my last one ever!) I'm in a large amount of pain and have no interest in walking. It's already 3:00 and I haven't walked . Maybe dh can get me up and out later tonight. On the plus side I've been eating clean and healthy still with the exception of a small Mcd ice cream cone last night . It's been very difficult since Monday but in the past I'd have resorted to crawling into bed and numbing my emotions with food (the more unhealthy the better). But I'm fighting hard not to allow that to happen this time.
    @walkonby I've never been a scotch fan but I have changed my mind . You brightened my day!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

harbie, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I have never been a fan of scotch but if fits into my healthy lifestyle then bring it on.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Well I did force myself to get my rear out despite everything and ended up with 4km with DH after work/dinner. I'm glad I did as the fresh air helped clear my head......for now

Goal for tomorrow is to DRINK MORE WATER!!!! And keep up the walking....... Goodnight y'all

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I have never been a fan of scotch but if fits into my healthy lifestyle then bring it on.
    Lol...it's an acquired taste, but once acquired, nothing compares! Not sure if Walks is a fan though...Walkonby..are you a fan?
    And July 27th is "National Scotch Day"!

Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information