User Tag List

Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

lol WOB last week I found a Ban roll-on deodorant in a cart in the parking lot. Left it. Trade you?

My Zehrs has High Street (like Quality Street) chocolates at 75% off and I picked a tin up and looked at it for a looooong time...but I came home without, and that's the battle for me.
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    lol WOB last week I found a Ban roll-on deodorant in a cart in the parking lot. Left it. Trade you?

My Zehrs has High Street (like Quality Street) chocolates at 75% off and I picked a tin up and looked at it for a looooong time...but I came home without, and that's the battle for me.
    bwahaha!! I'll bet money on DD devouring this thing before the end of February!
    Angela273, Lynn49 and SassyAshley like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    O.K. are the invisible saboteurs at play here? I will show you this image and then tell you what it is about.

I was doing the early a.m. driving, dropping off DD to work, then off to Chiro, Physio, THEN I hit up NF for literally like 3 items.....I take my cart back to the Corral and just as I go to pop it in to get my .25 back, I see THAT chocolate bar sitting in the front part of the other cart!? Quick scan around me in the lot, could not really notice anyone loading stuff in their car.
    No bag or receipt was with it, it had not been tampered with at all. Plus the large bar was not all that cold so I was thinking maybe not sitting in the cart that long?
    Of all the cruel twists of fate ( Dark Chocolate too! ....my favourite! )
    So I brought it home and placed it in the door of the freezer behind all the things no one ever looks at. DH laughed when I showed him the bar, just not sure whether I'll let DD know it's there.... I said to him why could I not have found like 3 giant Cauliflowers or something instead!??

Temptation!!! You will not get me today.
    Lucky you! I once found a cart full of junk items i.e. chips, chocolate, candies, pop outside Coop. I made the biggest mistake of my life. I took the items back to store and told the cashier that I have found the items outside. She then blamed me for stealing it, right on my face and said that security will deal with me! WTF? Well I obviously came out clean and clear :p

I was 17 back then. So stupid to listen to my dad! Why did I call him? LOL
    Angela273 and Lynn49 like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well you gals sure do lead interesting lives!! Walmonby, an ounce of dark chocolate with a cuppa tea at night is a nice, legal treat, although I don't know the SP count on it; apparently it's VERY healthy, too!! When my cousin was visiting from Europe, that's what she had in the evening for 'dessert' and I got into the habit, then lost it after a while...yah...cauliflower would have really been a score! Although they're back to being cheap: that was quite the marketing ploy for those growers!!!

Sorry I've been awol for a while. I've been researching crib quilts, quilting fabric; there's a charm pack called "Aria" by Kate Spain that looks cute for the windmill pattern I'm thinking of making...so many patterns, choices, I feel as if I've lived on here for the past week!! And I want to finish sewing my new blouse...another accompaniment with my "uniform" of white summer jeans.. There is nothing out there in the stores I want to wear! I'm an XL, size 18, moving onto 16 and the styles are so young these days. Or glittery, foil printed, or printed with "cute" sayings....gah!!! Where are the more sophisticated styles?! Oh. Yah....in the $100 price range! LOL! So...I sew my own!

Well, I think I've finally moved the scale again, but won't know until Friday; I'm not weighing myself every day anymore, since my weight can fluctuate so much day to day and that can make me sad, so I don't do it. This diet works in the long run, and that's all that counts.

We've also invited my late best Friend's Hubby over for Superbowl Sunday dinner and the game, because after the era of our super big Superbowl parties, it was always just the 4 of us and it was wonderful. However, I needed a dessert and here I was, once again on here, searching for a recipe that didn't throw my Hubby and I into sugar and fat hell again, and I think I found it: a no-bake cheesecake made with fat free cream cheese and sour cream, Splenda, cool whip and vanilla. I'll top it off with sweetened crushed strawberries, and that should do the trick. I hope. It'll be in a graham crust but using Splenda brown sugar, it won't be so bad for us. Fingers crossed!!

You gals are doing so well, keeping up your healthier way of eating; whether or not you're in this for weight-loss or just to get healthy, it's all good and so nice to see you all taking this life-change seriously. It feels so good to feel better!

Toodles for now...keep up the great work; now that my decisions have been (almost) made, I should be back regularly and certainly after my Friday weigh-in.
    TaraF, harbie, Angela273 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I made it to the gym last night after dinner and when I got home I had a bowl of AllBran Buds with sliced bananas and cubed apples and almond milk then off to bed for me.

I won't be going to the gym today as I need to allow my muscles to repair themselves after some hard workouts. That and I have a ton of loose ends to tie up before Friday. I'm taking my pup to the vet at 1:30 to get an abscess cyst removed from his eyelid (yay more vet bills ) so the gym will have to wait.

I'm not sure how much I'll be on here until after I'm released so in case I'm MIA for a while I hope everyone plugs along and keeps positive

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I've had very gratifying weight losses since Jan 1 ( each week ) so I have resisted posting in this thread everyday as it may come off as boastful and we are all about the support in here!
    #1. I don't think celebrating your accomplishments is being boastful.
    #2. You should be PROUD of what you've achieved so far.
    #3. How can we all celebrate with you if we don't know what's going on?
    #4. Congrats on the awesome progress you've had this year!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I weighed myself yesterday so I'd have a 1 month weight loss to see how well I've done. /SMH. It appears that I'm up 1.5 lbs since January 1st. I honestly can't figure out why. When my husband and I walk to the mall he will sit and eat his Quarter Pounder Combo while I sit and drink my coffee. I've been exercising, walking 4-5kms some days. So I admit to wallowing in a Whopper yesterday. Partly because I was feeling sorry for myself, you know how it goes. "If I'm going to put all this effort into it and get no return, I may as well ENJOY what I'm eating.", and partly because I had to fast for some tests and my first meal of the day was 5pm. I was really hungry by that point and still had to go to the Dr's with my hubby. Long day, 1 very bad meal.

The only things I can think of are: I'm not getting adequate sleep. God knows I'm not, and I know it can play a big part in metabolism. My hormones are screwing with me, the very little white flour I've touched when I have a bagel, has to go. But I'm finding it hard to get carbs in otherwise. It doesn't matter though. I'm not making excuses for myself, just simply trying to find some solutions. I won't quit. It's totally not my style.

Name:  smrefuse.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  40.2 KB
    Last edited by TaraF; Tue, Feb 2nd, 2016 at 09:08 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    I weighed myself yesterday so I'd have a 1 month weight loss to see how well I've done. /SMH. It appears that I'm up 1.5 lbs since January 1st. I honestly can't figure out why. When my husband and I walk to the mall he will sit and eat his Quarter Pounder Combo while I sit and drink my coffee. I've been exercising, walking 4-5kms some days. So I admit to wallowing in a Whopper yesterday. Partly because I was feeling sorry for myself, you know how it goes. "If I'm going to put all this effort into it and get no return, I may as well ENJOY what I'm eating.", and partly because I had to fast for some tests and my first meal of the day was 5pm. I was really hungry by that point and still had to go to the Dr's with my hubby. Long day, 1 very bad meal.

The only things I can think of are: I'm not getting adequate sleep. God knows I'm not, and I know it can play a big part in metabolism. My hormones are screwing with me, the very little white flour I've touched when I have a bagel, has to go. But I'm finding it hard to get carbs in otherwise. It doesn't matter though. I'm not making excuses for myself, just simply trying to find some solutions. I won't quit. It's totally not my style.
    Tara, I sure wish you were making more progress, but you're right: it's one way or no way...there's no in-between, no "a little something"...it really is having nothing that's not going to get you where you want to go. Heaven knows, esp when my Hubby's babysitting (pool game league for 'the kids' tonight) that I get most tempted...Jeez, it's almost like, "if no one sees me eat this, it doesn't count"!! But it does, so I had my little fruit cup in (I think water, it sure tasted like it, lol) and am congratulating myself for thinking of me, and not my cravings.

I can't remember the last time I actually had a bagel: the devil's food! At least that's what I think of them...imagine it as a lump of gooey dough, all flour and water and that's what you'd be eating. Not very appetizing. And it sits like a lump in your tummy and as far as insulin goes:
    Bagels have a massively high glycemic index which increases insulin and inflammation in the body, as a result, the possibility of accelerating aging, worsening acne, and rosacea. One bagel alone often contains 2-3 servings of carbohydrates, so the added pounds will come on quick.
    http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition...r-body/slide/2

So they're a double whammy for you, Sweetie...I know you don't eat them often, but like that Whopper, you've undone all the rest of the good work you did the rest of the time.

I wish this wasn't so hard for you...you've been through so much and I wish it could be easier on you, but I guess we all go through the same crap when eating more healthy foods, being on a healthier diet and yes, it's damn hard. If it wasn't we'd all be svelte!

Find A diet that works and stick to it like Walks and I found with WW...we both tried 'going it alone' and were both unsuccessful.

I sure wish you better luck next month!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I lost another 4lbs in the last 7wks. I'm happy with that. 😀 I've got another 6.5lbs to go & then I'll be back at my pre twin pregnancy weight. My waist measure is the same.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Lynn49 I have heard all sorts of things regarding bagels. I don't eat regular bread, so I eat sesame seed bagels and it is often my breakfast with peanut butter, jam, and a glass of milk. I'm allergic to flax. I think that a person has to make decisions and decide what their individual choices are. I bake, but also make some healthy substitutes. I also enjoy chips, chocolate, and Icecream. I personally cook most of our meals each day. I am also exclusively breastfeeding our twins and caring for our 3.5yr old son. Just nursing burns about 900 calories each day.
    beckie.c and SassyAshley like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Is everyone avoiding their Friday check in?
    SassyAshley likes this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello, everyone!!
    What a busy day, what with Superbowl dinner planning! I'm getting here just under the wire, I guess!
    Well, I thought I was in a bit of a rut, but it seems that I am down .5lb. Not a roaring success, but apparently, although I am getting in healthy foods, I still have to reach my points allotment for the day and that is what is stalling my progress. So...onward and downward!!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend and Superbowl Sunday!!!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

OK Lynn I'll try my best. However I had French toast for dinner is that bad lol.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Good Evening All!! I stayed the same this week after a meh week of dieting, I had a tough time meal planning a couple of days. In a bit of a cooking rut I guess!!! Congrats on everyone's accomplishments this week. I will be going strong next week as I am doing my twice a month freezer cooking with my daughters so healthy food will be easy to access!!

Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread Information