User Tag List

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree2324Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2016

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Nancy hope you feel better soon.

I pulled something in my back building the bed last week which was not fun.

We have the shelves in our basement but still have the wall unit taking up half the basement. Someone told Mom they could sell it but she has not taken the next steps to find out what we need to do. I think I will push for that next week, not that she has to have to set up and ready to go but at lease have the information so we know where we are going and what we have to do.

Also Mom has decided she no longer wants to do cakes and just wants a craft room. No idea what this means yet as for what she is getting rid of. Another project but at this point one step at a time. Tonight I am going to ask Mom to prioritize what we need to get done in her mind. At this point I am viewing things room by room she needs to prioritize her top 5 rooms. Once she prioritizes the rooms I will go in and break down what all needs to be done and work from there.

This weekend is going to be super crazy, work is not going well at all. I am working all weekend to complete a project we are already behind on and are now even further behind due to the internet outage yesterday. Our controller broke it down and if we run this project for 12 hours a day it will take 9 day, we only have 6 and that was before we lost 6 hours yesterday. Needless to say once we get through this, there will be a big meeting to make sure we do not end up in this position again, we have discussed everything from improvements to the current program to going with a whole new program.

Right now I am so torn, I know we should not order in but I had even more overtime then normal last pay and I so do not want to cook tonight. It has been a long week and I still have hours of work to do. Time to ponder this.

Have a great night everyone.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    @Sweets parrow I`m in midwestern ON. Out in the boonies. I know of someone who cleans in Kitchener for $20 an hour. I don`t think she supplies anything.
    that's what my mil pays and where in the boonies, she uses what mil gives her or suggests, uses everything the inlaws have (vacuum, etc).

Don't rush things hun, take care of yourself
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Go for the takeout, @SassyAshley given the week you've had. A treat now and then saves one time...

Last night's two downpours really clogged catchbasins in Hamilton and snagged limbs off of trees. One lovely birch tree in the Mount Hamilton Cemetery lost a big limb with about 1/3 of the tree's branches. I was checking on a plot to see if the tulip bulbs are all sprouting and saw all 5 are growing.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Nancy hope you feel better soon.

I pulled something in my back building the bed last week which was not fun.

We have the shelves in our basement but still have the wall unit taking up half the basement. Someone told Mom they could sell it but she has not taken the next steps to find out what we need to do. I think I will push for that next week, not that she has to have to set up and ready to go but at lease have the information so we know where we are going and what we have to do.

Also Mom has decided she no longer wants to do cakes and just wants a craft room. No idea what this means yet as for what she is getting rid of. Another project but at this point one step at a time. Tonight I am going to ask Mom to prioritize what we need to get done in her mind. At this point I am viewing things room by room she needs to prioritize her top 5 rooms. Once she prioritizes the rooms I will go in and break down what all needs to be done and work from there.

This weekend is going to be super crazy, work is not going well at all. I am working all weekend to complete a project we are already behind on and are now even further behind due to the internet outage yesterday. Our controller broke it down and if we run this project for 12 hours a day it will take 9 day, we only have 6 and that was before we lost 6 hours yesterday. Needless to say once we get through this, there will be a big meeting to make sure we do not end up in this position again, we have discussed everything from improvements to the current program to going with a whole new program.

Right now I am so torn, I know we should not order in but I had even more overtime then normal last pay and I so do not want to cook tonight. It has been a long week and I still have hours of work to do. Time to ponder this.

Have a great night everyone.
    thanks

If I may put in my 2 cents, build your dressers and get your own personal space organize @SassyAshley as a weight has been lifted off your shoulders AND you always seem to put yourself last.

If you are capable of doing it alone then great if not get your mom to help even if you get 1 done each weekend that's better than none.

Don't work too hard this weekend

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@lizzie bargain have a great time shopping and just relax
    @lilo0003 great job on bringing your own lunches etc and the savings on the vehicle insurance savings
    @walkonby it never fails or so it seems, 1 step forward 2 steps back, so frustrating hope Claudius will feel better after his extraction
    @coupon girl that young lady has a good appetite (2 pieces of pizza) that's great

Wishing everyone a great weekend

I am off to Home Depot tomorrow morning to purchase most of the reno supplies, I'm pming with the Lowes flyer the "more you spend the more you save" it all helps.

Then the truck is going in for new shocks in the front & back end of the truck, $ saved up so that's a relief

Take care all
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

A bit of a scary day yesterday. One of my guys had an injury to his finger just over a week ago. He doesn't live at home but I didn't like the sound of his symptoms. I told him to get some stuff together and move in here until he is well. I was shocked when he came through the door. Took him straight to emerg and was taken in quickly - turns out he had toxic shock syndrome from a bacterial infection from the injury that got into his bloodstream. The doc told him he was a lot sicker than he was letting on. Was on a couple of hours of IVs and then discharged. Has to go back three more times for IVs. He was quite a bit better this morning and finally starting to eat again after a week. It would not have taken much longer for some organs to start shutting down if he would have stayed at his place - don't want to think what could have happened!
    Last edited by momof5boys; Fri, Apr 1st, 2016 at 06:24 PM.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Momof5boys: good that you trusted your intuition. How scary, and good that he is with you now to watch over him.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-ahhh gee momof5boys -see no matter what age our kids are or if they are not home we worry -glad you helped out and was there for him

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Momof5boys hope he gets better quickly

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    A bit of a scary day yesterday. One of my guys had an injury to his finger just over a week ago. He doesn't live at home but I didn't like the sound of his symptoms. I told him to get some stuff together and move in here until he is well. I was shocked when he came through the door. Took him straight to emerg and was taken in quickly - turns out he had toxic shock syndrome from a bacterial infection from the injury that got into his bloodstream. The doc told him he was a lot sicker than he was letting on. Was on a couple of hours of IVs and then discharged. Has to go back three more times for IVs. He was quite a bit better this morning and finally starting to eat again after a week. It would not have taken much longer for some organs to start shutting down if he would have stayed at his place - don't want to think what could have happened!
    Oh, my gosh! Glad it was caught in time.

Reminds me of when my son had 'a little bit of redness' around his thumb fingernail. By the time he showed it to me, I hauled him to emerg - turns out it was just short of heading into flesh-eating disease. Gah! And my husband and son wonder why I grill them so much when they have owies, and make sure I check on them!

On a lighter note, I got some new slippers delivered today - I love them - they are cozy and comfy, but the cats are scared of them.
    I got the pink ones - are these scary to anyone else? (and it's not the toucan, lol - when I am wearing them and walk toward the cats, they go low to the floor and slink away!)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The Children's Place has everything 50% off online, and free shipping. Just use code HAPPYSPRING50 to apply the discount in your shopping bag.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I SCOPed a bottle of Infant Tylenol last night at Sobeys. It rang in at $8.29 and the shelf price was $7.99. The twins are sick, but their medicine was free this time.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    The Children's Place has everything 50% off online, and free shipping. Just use code HAPPYSPRING50 to apply the discount in your shopping bag.
    Going to check out! Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I SCOPed a bottle of Infant Tylenol last night at Sobeys. It rang in at $8.29 and the shelf price was $7.99. The twins are sick, but their medicine was free this time.
    Yahoo!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

We found our cleaning person through a local association that helps seniors. They also organize meals-on-wheels and transportation. It's called CHAPS here but there are different groups in different places sponsored by the local LHIN, I believe.
    They do a background check etc. and they tell the workers to charge $14 per hour but we pay her $20.
    I am glad you are feeling well enough to get out a little!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I have been up since 6:30 and started working right away. I am aiming to run 12 to 14 hours a day if possible to try to complete on schedule. I am feeling good we can get this done but I know some aren`t in the same boat as me.

Around 9 I decided to go and start building my dresser. I wanted to get the outer shell done before Mom had to go to work in case I needed help. I was worried about standing it up. Turns our I could stand it up on my own but before that I needed her help to line up the 2 sides. So the shell is built and now I just need to drawers. But right now it is time for food.

As long as all goes well, pretty sure I can get the drawers done today but only time will tell. I do not want to push too much just because I do not want to tweak my back again.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information