User Tag List

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree2324Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2016

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hey, all - it's a crazy 21 degrees here! LOL, and it had to be a homemade chicken soup day - it got SO humid in here!
    But, of course, it was worth it - yummo!

I had planned for us to go do advance voting for our provincial election, which is on Monday - however, it's a day where my vertigo isn't great, and I need to walk holding onto the walls! Plus, I wasn't sure that my sore knees would handle walking and waiting/standing today.

Hope all of you have a good evening!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Today I went out to Canmore to help the mother of the 4 boys at the swimming pool there. Having chased two 17 month olds and two 5 year olds I think I will sleep well tonight! Of course I am earning $ for my shopping spree next week!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow nat awesome weather -its -7 here and snowing -we could have 5-10 cm overnight and into sunday -hope it stops soon
    -resting on sunday as we are babysitting ashlyn mon afternoon and overnight for 2 nights so son and his wife can go up north for a getaway for them -so if I am not on here mon/tues -see you wednesday-I only have a desktop and son 's laptop doesn't work
    -the nice thing is she is in daycare Tuesday and Wednesday(so not as much watching her) -she will be gone from 9.30 til 5.00-son told daycare she will be coming in later in the morning -after hubby has his morning bus run (can only do so much with one car )

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Not sure what my plan for today is yet because this project they said we would not get done by this Thursday is now done. I finished it last night and emailed everyone that it was done. I do have one small thing I have to do for work but I figured I would be nice and not send 100s of emails at 6 am since I know a number of our staff keep their blackberries on 24/7.

I started going through my clothes last night, I have a huge I am not sure pile. I have noticed within the last 2 years my style has really changed in how I dress but I do not really have the $$$ for new clothes so I keep the old ones that are not really my style anymore. On the plus side I must say it is an amazing feeling to have choices on where to put things and seeing drawers that are not over full and that you have to try to push down the clothes to close.

I posted some stuff for sale last night and I have people interested in over half of it which is nice. Just hoping the pick ups happen.

Have a great day everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Not sure what my plan for today is yet because this project they said we would not get done by this Thursday is now done. I finished it last night and emailed everyone that it was done. I do have one small thing I have to do for work but I figured I would be nice and not send 100s of emails at 6 am since I know a number of our staff keep their blackberries on 24/7.

I started going through my clothes last night, I have a huge I am not sure pile. I have noticed within the last 2 years my style has really changed in how I dress but I do not really have the $$$ for new clothes so I keep the old ones that are not really my style anymore. On the plus side I must say it is an amazing feeling to have choices on where to put things and seeing drawers that are not over full and that you have to try to push down the clothes to close.

I posted some stuff for sale last night and I have people interested in over half of it which is nice. Just hoping the pick ups happen.

Have a great day everyone.
    My rule with clothing is if I don't love it I tossed it. My closet is so clean now lol. I need to go shopping but I am making due with what I have. Would rather that money in my savings account

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! I have the house to myself this morning and still got up early. Ah! Thinking I will toss some clothes on and grab a coffee and head our for a bit. Go browsing. Bought $1100.00 in ct gc's yesterday at SDM for $990.00 and will get almost $30 in PC PTS. I am thinking of buying more today (use to pay for gas, a few for gifts and a few things I plan on buying at CT this year) Well I starved, better find some grub! Have a great day everyone.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Think my day is starting well, I have made BBQ Meatballs for Mom to take to work, I have Maple Pork in the Crockpot for later in the week.

Last load of laundry is in the dryer and just needs to be folder and put away.

Now I am going to toss in the sheets, myself I always strip my bed wash and re make where is Mom strips the bed puts on an extra set and throws the other set in the basement to wash "later" so I think I will wash these all up to get them off the floor.

I still need to make oatmeal for the week but need the crockpot so that will be put on this afternoon.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I cashed in some SDM points yesterday for coffee, eggs, marked down Easter treats, Tide etc-free is always good. Quiet day at home with the family today.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sun, Apr 3rd, 2016 at 11:21 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Think my day is starting well, I have made BBQ Meatballs for Mom to take to work, I have Maple Pork in the Crockpot for later in the week.

Last load of laundry is in the dryer and just needs to be folder and put away.

Now I am going to toss in the sheets, myself I always strip my bed wash and re make where is Mom strips the bed puts on an extra set and throws the other set in the basement to wash "later" so I think I will wash these all up to get them off the floor.

I still need to make oatmeal for the week but need the crockpot so that will be put on this afternoon.
    Awesome job! I went out and bought more gc's. and a few deals ( 2 books from $store for Christmas ) Just made a grilled cheese for lunch. Have pork chops in sink thawing. Thinking I will make homemade potato wedges, canned corn and salad to go with. Frying eggs for breakfast sandwiches the next 2 school mornings. Will make oatmeal for days for myself. I'm going to dig out ground beef from freezer to make taco meat for Tuesday night dinner for boys. Have a pound of bacon defrosting too- will cook up and use for DS's lunch this week. Have a ham cut up so thinking toasted westerns Wed night for dinner. That's all I have so far

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Woohoo! You sure can get things done when you have the house to yourself! Chops prepped and ready for oven. Eggs cooked. Bacon cooking (trying a cookie sheet full in oven and the rest on stove.) Next move laundry away, make bed with clean sheets. Tidy my room. Gather dirty laundry- will put a load on tonight after youngest has bath and oldest is home from work so I can wash work shirt. Gotta dig around freezer for beef still.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

yes!!! I did it!!!

Last edited by Crochetlady; Sun, Apr 3rd, 2016 at 03:45 PM.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

After 3 long years I finally made my last cc payment. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Definitely frees up the money for a cleaner and some other things I`ve been putting off.
    On the subject of cleaners...I called someone, just waiting to hear back. She charges $20 an hour but thought I`d better snap her up. Someone in the village had her cleaner go from $20 to $25 a couple weeks ago.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    yes!!! I did it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    After 3 long years I finally made my last cc payment. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Definitely frees up the money for a cleaner and some other things I`ve been putting off.
    On the subject of cleaners...I called someone, just waiting to hear back. She charges $20 an hour but thought I`d better snap her up. Someone in the village had her cleaner go from $20 to $25 a couple weeks ago.
    Absolutely fabulous!!! Good for you for clearing up debt!
    Hoping you get the cleaner!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Congratulations Crochetlady

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Name:  get-rid-of-credit-card-debt1.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  36.7 KB
    Name:  525-525-you-know.jpg
Views: 136