User Tag List

Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2110Likes

Thread: May 2016 Frugal Chatter - ALL WELCOME

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I mentioned that there was a shock to the budget, and future budget for years to come. We're expecting our second. I'm really wishy-washy on decisions, and at this moment, I'm wondering if I should be more prepared. Budgeting for another RESP and a second car, and all the expenses that come with it are a concern, plus job concerns, etc.

In another train of thought, I don't think I'm ready to do this again. I'm not ready to call four hours of sleep a good night's rest, or not really folding any laundry but just moving around baskets of clean and dirty laundry. I'm not ready for late night feedings, or another labour. I feel horrible, nauseous, like eating, but not eating, hungry, then binge eating and nauseous. I feel like my lower half is exhausted and in pain, even though I've gained less than two pounds. The weight (or something) is giving me problems sleeping at night and my hip bone is sore in the morning.

I am so not ready for this in all the ways possible. I'm sure everything will be alright five years from now. I hope so anyways. I really don't want to move....

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I mentioned that there was a shock to the budget, and future budget for years to come. We're expecting our second. I'm really wishy-washy on decisions, and at this moment, I'm wondering if I should be more prepared. Budgeting for another RESP and a second car, and all the expenses that come with it are a concern, plus job concerns, etc.
    ANOTHER SC BABY!!! Let me preface with, it is okay to feel how you do, BUT let me be excited for you!!!!!! Congratulations on the new little life growing inside you! I suspected and have been eagerly waiting.

"There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

In another train of thought, I don't think I'm ready to do this again. I'm not ready to call four hours of sleep a good night's rest, or not really folding any laundry but just moving around baskets of clean and dirty laundry. I'm not ready for late night feedings, or another labour. I feel horrible, nauseous, like eating, but not eating, hungry, then binge eating and nauseous. I feel like my lower half is exhausted and in pain, even though I've gained less than two pounds. The weight (or something) is giving me problems sleeping at night and my hip bone is sore in the morning.

I am so not ready for this in all the ways possible. I'm sure everything will be alright five years from now. I hope so anyways. I really don't want to move....
    Congrats!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hoping everyone had a happy mother's day! LO sang her song in front of an audience on Sunday. I managed to remember to charge the camera battery but ran out of space on the card. The first and second times, I was helping the kids on and off the stage and couldn't film anything. DH sits in the back row, way to far to capture anything other than small dots. Well, maybe by the time she's three I'll get with the program. But probably not...

@Ciel: We're in Ontario. We thought being near the GTA would bring more opportunities, but it's just near so many universities and colleges who are pumping out graduates willing to work for less money, longer hours, and willing to relocate.

@saundyl: I'm sorry to hear about the ex, but the new washer/dryer system looks great! Our laundry room barely fits ours as well, but it fits, and saves us the hassle of leaving the house. When you have kids, that is so nice. The freedom of doing laundry at 4 AM if you want to is really nice, even if it's inconvenient. Is it programmable? My friend sets hers to run at 7:30 AM.

Congratulations on your new nephew!

@coupon girl: Congratulations on a new grandson!

@jasperandchar: Why is your son painting lines in a parking lot? I don't think that is an art class or an appropriate school activity.
    I have to figure out if it is programmable or not. Im so loving the dryer because its only taking an hour to dry not a cycle of 110 min and then a cycle of 40to 60 min. Hoping to see a drop in our power consumption!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Congrats!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-ahhh congrats sweet sparrow -how lovely-babies all around
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well went over to visit my sc friend and she is having a girl next month -so bought a few small gifts and m&Ms for the other kiddies
    -she is so lovely gave me a bunch of coupons -she loves to share with me which will help my budget out greatly
    -managed to wash the floors got 2 sets of laundry on line today too
    -supper is chicken breasts ,mashed potatoes and brocolli
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I sure hope you feel better soon - both physically and emotionally.

Congratulations!
    Angela273, Ciel, Granger and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Since DS had 2 sports tonight and he has picked the one in town I will be home sooner now so I can get some house stuff done and put some laundry on at 7 tonight . Should get to bed early tonight because I feel wiped and don't want it to catch up with me.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, May 10th, 2016 at 04:27 PM.
    Angela273, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

congrats

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Did not feel like cooking tonight so I ordered Chinese.Grand-mother funerals are saturday.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I cheated and put my bed cover in the wash this morning. I will go home at lunch and hang it out to dry. Will put the sheets in tonight at 7. Then I can make my bed Time is money too so I don't feel guilty and at least I am using the sunshine to dry it and not the dryer.
    DS has soccer tonight so we are on the go. Will take a ham out of freezer at lunch and serve him eggs/ham and toast for a quick dinner. Then will use the ham up for toasted westerns on the weekend .

Hope everyone has a great day!
    saundyl, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

congratulations Sweet Sparrow.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-yeah just popped over to indigo -I had a gift card from a shoppers promo -got a lovely reduced bath towel -grey elephant and face cloth reg 30.00 on for 21.00-10.00 shoppers card and -3.78 left on the giftcard hubby won for bus driver last year =8.65 and its really soft too

-oh and bought myself a new pair of black crocs slip on with a silver buckle 44.00 because I wear orthodics I am not gonna wear a cheap pair of sandals -I did have a pair of brown leather ones from Italy but I have wore then right out had them 5 years

-oh and maple tea leaves for me reg 16.00 on for 8.00 at indigo -love love flavoured teas -as I am not a coffee drinker at all

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

oh what wonderful news, congrats to you and your growing family

I can certainly understand all the anxiety re expenses, sleepless nights etc. Hope you start to feel better soon.

When is your due date?
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information