User Tag List

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree2560Likes

Thread: June 2016 Frugal Chatter - ALL welcome!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    So sad for my son. His vehicle was broken into and some low life decided to destroy his ignition with a screwdriver. He is a student and works hard in the summer to pay for his education. He does have insurance but has to pay $300 out of pocket. He had just fixed up this truck and it was listed for sale - now this.
    This makes me sad too, just to hear about it. I'm tired of the sick pukes out there who just 'do what they want' and get away with it.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Good afternoon, everyone.

Had a fun weekend of doing nothing (well, actually, it involved the usual touristy stuff in my neighbourhood - drinking sake, beer & convincing lost tourists to try to local brew ).

Yesterday's appt with the oncologist went a bit better than I hoped. The bad news is that the cancer has spread to the bones (already suspected, last week's catscan confirmed it). The good news is that the infection is cleared up, my Mom's in better shape than the last time the Dr saw her, & a modified chemo will start next week (she can't have full chemo - it's too much for her - but at least they're finally doing something and there is a plan in place).

Better get going and start figuring out dinner for the brats (well, for the human too, but we know where my priorities lie ).

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    I'm glad that you have all the information on your mom's health, hopefully she does well with her treatments and can have a good quality of life going forward.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm stalking the flyer thread....anyone else?

I guess I'm so used to them being posted early Tuesdays
    JadeAngel, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

J&C: thanks for the offer but the work is done so nothing I can do now. 5000.00 later, ugh. I just need to pay it and move on. It will deplete the savings but not the emergency fund so such is life. I just realized we have zero daycare, summer camp costs this year as Logan is soon 13 and with DH working at home even lunches won't be a concern. The older son is almost 16 still has no job but will be taking a course in summer school. Last year Logan did away camp for the 1st so that was the only cost. We buy a family swim pass since the local pool is 500 metres away and he makes good use of that.
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @Granger to answer your question about what I don't like about the coupon trading site is that people were taking advantage of newbies example starter envies with tons of coupons expiry shortly and asking $10, I did notice that now there is an area to post looking and trading starter envies BUT there are still some people 1 in particular that is still doing the very same thing asking for $10 GC so a crappy envie (I don't believe this person is from smart canucks or if she is she is purposely not posting her sc name in another post).

Basically I find many people are being unreasonable when trading and that just erks me, I think I will stick to trading on here where I know the trader's reputation. Also a lot of people are getting screwed out of trades as well, I know that can always happen on here but the #'s on there is quite high considering it only started a short while ago.
    How awful. I found it very confusing. The forums are organized. I like the trade rating on the site...it took me a while to build mine. I know that can be intimidating for newbies, but it also protects them.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    My brother just sent me this text message. SIL is doing well. She is off the ventilator, and all meds. She was up in a chair this morning for a couple hours. Things are looking up!
    Yay!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    So I started a new thread which some might find helpful....for best price on products on sale incase anyone is interested

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/416734-...a/#post6649668
    Can't wait to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    This makes me sad too, just to hear about it. I'm tired of the sick pukes out there who just 'do what they want' and get away with it.
    for the car break in. that @Natalka said "sick pukes."

Been busy buying, organizing and prepping flips. I need to take a break and get some "chores" done.

The latest are a Little Tykes Kitchen and Workbench I picked up for $5 each. May be next time I will do a before and after photo for you guys. These were really dirty and have come up quite nice.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Brother's text update.
    SIL is doing better. She got moved to a normal medical ward in the hospital!
    saundyl, Natalka, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! Another sunny and bright day!!! Cleaning and purging is so difficult And my father did trow away all of my empty boxes because we have no space to keep themI wanted to keep those because i want moving in 1 year possibly.Locker is so tiny with half of a space with the demolition So yesterday i evaluated the job to do.Today i will try to do some cleaning and see how i could store my boxes.Wishing everyone a great day!!!
    Ciel and lizzie bargain like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

my trade got cancelled on my french couponning fb group.....i ask for newbie envie versus stamps....will see if i can get some coupons to restart couponnng.
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Vacation day for me. Made the kids egg mcmuffins. Soon leaving for school. Then the day is mine to get stuff done

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Brother's text update.
    SIL is doing better. She got moved to a normal medical ward in the hospital!
    Wonderful news!

Good morning, everyone! Going to be a hot one today.
    Shopping today just to pick up some fresh veg, bread, milk at Sobeys, some items at SDM.
    Angela273, Ciel, cath007 and 2 others like this.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1. Another beautiful day.

Name:  Unknown-2.jpeg
Views: 104
Size:  11.5 KB

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Tonight's supper plan is moose steak sliced up, cooked with green onion from
    my garden and green giant frozen broccoli with fresh rice and a glass of milk. Then we are heading out to the fair for the evening. I purchased an advance ride bracelet for our son who is nearly 4yrs old. It will be his first time going on rides at the fair.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

So glad I had to take DS to school earlier then planned. Decided to do my running around early. Went to RCSS and found the pork big packs on for .99Lb!!!My honey was to go already because the were $1.99lb but he worked 12 hour shifts the past few days. Thank gosh he was off today since his card had pork pts! So I woke him up and told him to meet me there lol. He redeemed for a $50 GC and the used it on the pork so he could get the PC pts. Tonight we are having chops on the BBQ and cutting the meat for the freezer!!! Cost was $45.13 and he received 9200 PC pts back. Love free meat and free points back!!!
    Angela273, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Angela273 great news on your SIL, enjoy the fair, great memories
    @cath007 I wouldn't worry about keeping boxes they are quite easy to come by, I would when the time comes that you need them, speak to a few stores and I'm sure they will be glad to give you some. Keep in mind and I'm sure you know everything we keeps takes valuable space. I'm glad you have such a positive outlook, it's certainly shining through here

The boys are both off today but are at my inlaws which is nice it's quiet here, no arguing and they get to use their devices before our rule of 4pm here to keep the gigs at bay

Tonight is leftovers or fresh ham whatever floats their boats .

Dh did not make it to GT to get more fries but that's okay the coupons are Dec. 2016 expiry so lots of time and time to make room in the freezer

Overcast day here and looks like rain so no laundry for me but that's okay I wouldn't have enough for a big load anyways.

I've done my grocery lists for each store and I think I will be able to stockup on Men's body wash if WM allows me to pm FreschCo's Dove body wash the size is up to 400ml which is the size of the Men's dove, I'll see I don't think it will be a problem.

Has anyone had luck using the bacon coupons at sdm and getting the free ready crisp?

PS I have put on my big girl panties and will only trade on FB when I have something to offer such as a GC (for items I desperately need) as they are extremely aggressive to get them and are extremely generous BUT won't be traded normal stuff on there.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.
    Angela273, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Good morning everyone!!! Another sunny and bright day!!! Cleaning and purging is so difficult And my father did trow away all of my empty boxes because we have no space to keep themI wanted to keep those because i want moving in 1 year possibly.Locker is so tiny with half of a space with the demolition So yesterday i evaluated the job to do.Today i will try to do some cleaning and see how i could store my boxes.Wishing everyone a great day!!!
    We stored moving boxes by flattening them. Then all you need is a roll of packing tape to hold them back in shape. Flattened boxes don't take up a lot of space.
    Angela273, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information