User Tag List

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 LastLast
Like Tree2560Likes

Thread: June 2016 Frugal Chatter - ALL welcome!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Well that is frustrating. I was just about to post something that I had typed up, then the page reloaded on my phone and I lost everything. I guess I will post again later. I'm hungry, so I need to go grab some lunch.
    jasperandchar and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Unexpected food showed up at our house last night We were invited to an outdoor birthday party for our neighbour - wonderful people. Anyway, I had quite the headache so we opted to stay home until most of their guests had left. Then we went over with a jar of home made pickles. When they saw us they said, "Oh, please just take all this left over food home." They made us go a grab some empty containers and then filled them up for our boys to eat. Too funny.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Unexpected food showed up at our house last night We were invited to an outdoor birthday party for our neighbour - wonderful people. Anyway, I had quite the headache so we opted to stay home until most of their guests had left. Then we went over with a jar of home made pickles. When they saw us they said, "Oh, please just take all this left over food home." They made us go a grab some empty containers and then filled them up for our boys to eat. Too funny.
    My sister does this to me all the time after gatherings. And when she comes to visit. Club pack stuff she buys but can't use or doesn't need (bought tons of treats for my niece to take to daycare but wasn't allowed outside food) So my boys scored!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Heads up WM (ON) has Degree deodorant and antiperspirant various size and types on sale for $2.27 - $2 tare pad Axe, Degree or Dove antiperspirant spray exp. Sept 2016 = .27 cents or you could also use the coupon that has deodorant and ice cream $2 and price match the Klondike and use the checkout51 offer...

Also on Checkout 51 if you are lucky enough to get it (my offers always suck )
    Buy 2: Degree Dry Spray Antiperspirants
    Any variety. Excludes trial and travel sizes. Items must appear on the same receipt.
    Cash back $2.00
    Angela273, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    how lovely of them, sure helps the food budget and of course the boys/guys that are always ready to eat

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

G'day all! A little bit cooler today, so that's welcome.

lizzie, did you run into this yesterday? Hwy 2 by Calgary - it's hail. Pic from Rock 102 FB page

My husband was working across the city from where we live, and he said it hailed yesterday aft, just a bit, but it melted as it hit then just rained.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

That is crazy oh my!!!!
    Natalka, Angela273 and cath007 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

N-luckily we missed the hail in my neighbourhood. I suspect this pic might have been south of Calgary where they got pretty bad hail. That is even with the planes flying up into the storm and spraying silver iodide to reduce the hail size. It does seem that we live in hail alley. I was driving home in the afternoon in the rain and hoping I got home before any hail struck.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow -hail
    -well watched ashlyn today -took her to fortinos with hubby for a few items -snacks I had to get for our 3 day getaway -she was so good -so nana bought her a kinder wafer 2 pack I ate one side (maybe I shouldn't have ) as I still had to run to ladies room -maybe this isn't gone from me yet -oh well off to our mini vacay on Thursday afternoon almost packed but had to do another load as hubby only owns 3 pairs of shorts (need to look at used or sales for shorts for him this summer ) he grew out of a few pair -lol
    -see you ladies later -wont be on for a few days -yeah holidays
    -hubby was rewarded with a few tim hortons gift cards -about 25.00 worth (he,s a school bus driver)so we will use on our way up and home -a beer glass with his name on it and a picture of a bus ,crown royal micky (my hubby is not even a drinker -lol) but the child that gave it was a hard one -so maybe the parents thought my hubby needed a bottle of crown royal -haha-oh and a box of chocolates(merci)
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Jun 30th, 2016 at 06:59 AM.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Getting an amazing foot rub right now. Then have to pick up,DS at a little gathering. Music and fire. Lucky boy!!
    Foot rub? Lucky you!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Just a reminder to anyone who has Huggies codes, today is the last day to enter them on the website before they become useless. I need to enter the codes that are on my currently unopened packages of Huggies diapers.
    I have been under a rock! Will have to check my account.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    cath be careful as Canada Post if they do not reach an agreement by Saturday will lock out their employees so your trade could get stuck in the mail system until an agreement is made and your coupons will have expired.

Try and make a trade in the same city if that helps.
    Under a rock. Hope my water bill makes it in!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    I am so sorry you have had issues with the daycares. I run a home childcare. all the things you mentioned would not have happened under my care. hugs.

so. gr 8 grad is done for my youngest child. big tears. we did it fairly well budget wise. I am that mom,...I gave her a budget , and said make choices. she did very,very well. instead of having someone do her makeup and nails , we did it at home... and she chose to have someone instead do her hair.its all about making choices. I am very proud of her.
    and she won a award.
    Congrats. I attended our school's Gr. 8 grad. Lots of excess. I just sold a mom one of my hubby's wedding suits for a grad. $10. Win for her and me!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Ok, I feel somewhat bad after being paid for babysitting my neighbour's kids yesterday for a little over 9hrs. I charged her $5 less that my planned daily daycare rate for siblings. Dh says I should have refused payment. It was an e-payment, I still need to go threw the email link, etc. At the end of the day she told me to charge her whatever and she would pay me. She normally has ex's mom come into her home to care for her children for $20/day. The grandma begged her to let her babysit, but always leaves her house a big mess. I cared for the children at my house on short notice. This is the first time that either of us has care for the other's children for an entire day for work. We usually trade kids clothes and toys across the street. We have taken eachother's children while the mom attends a medical appointment, etc. for free. I'm thinking about giving her some of the cash back, but I also know that she would have had to pay someone else if I wasn't available. I just feel bad because she is a single mom of 4 and a friend. Opinions?
    I agree with the sentiments of the ladies wiser than us by years! Pay it forward if you are feeling bad, but, you are about to go into business, so I think payment is reasonable. Business and friendships (acquaintances?) are hard because some people assume favours or hurt with honesty. I try to treat others as I would want to be treated. I had a local daycare mom do me a 2 hour favour. I did not offer her money. I asked as a friend, not a client. I did bake her cookies and offered to return the favour. BUT the fact that she runs home daycare made me wonder if I should have offered money. It goes both ways. Friends can be clients and vice versa but it is a matter of figuring out which shoe fits when.

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    wow -hail
    -well watched ashlyn today -took her to fortinos with hubby for a few items -snacks I had to get for our 3 day getaway -she was so good -so nana bought her a kinder wafer 2 pack I ate one side (maybe I shouldn't have ) as I still had to run to ladies room -maybe this isn't gone from me yet -oh well off to our mini vacay on Thursday afternoon almost packed but had to do another load as hubby only owns 3 pairs of shorts (need to look at used or sales for shorts for him this summer ) he grew out of a few pair -lol
    -see you ladies later -wont be on for a few days -yeah holidays
    -hubby was rewarded with a few tim hortons gift cards -about 25.00 worth (he,s a school bus driver)so we will use on our way up and home -a beer glass with his name on it and a picture of a bus ,crown royal micky (my hubby is not even a drinker -lol) but the child that gave it was a hard one -so maybe the parents thought my hubby needed a bottle of crown royal -haha-oh and a box of wafer chocolates
    We gave our bus driver some Tim's too.

Big news? Go into work tomorrow for PA day. Have lots of housework I am just struggling to get to...sales on hold until then. Like someone said, it will always be there for me, but I am trying to chip away so it doesn't take over! Our church desperately needs a wagon for summer camp...I am going to let them borrow my new one and resell later. Baby is now sleeping through from bedtime to 5:30 am.

Pretty Little Liars Season 6 on Netflix is my current distraction.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! Another sunny ,hot and bright day in here!!!! Yesterday I made 2 trades on my facebook couponning french group but i took coupons with long expiries with the possible canada post strike and coupons I use all the time Wishing everyone a great day!!! Off to breakfest and see what I do today.I will send my 2 others portable computers to repair today,I am on my father computer currently.no mail tomorrow with the canada day
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Jun 30th, 2016 at 06:37 AM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Good morning everyone!!! Another sunny ,hot and bright day in here!!!! Yesterday I made 2 trades on my facebook couponning french group but i took coupons with long expiries with the possible canada post strike and coupons I use all the time Wishing everyone a great day!!! Off to breakfest and see what I do today.I will send my 2 others portable computers to repair today,I am on my father computer currently.no mail tomorrow with the canada day
    cath I would suggest asking the computer place for a quote as it may cost more to repair than to purchase new
    cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afernoon all,

I went out to sdm, dollarama and Independent grocers this am.

Sadly sdm did not receive there bacon and Independent has it for $4.88 so I decided to pass up the sale and be happy with the bacon I already have.

I need to get dh to check his hours online as his pay is considerably less than it should be.

Wishing everyone a great long weekend & Happy Canada Day to all celebrating.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    cath I would suggest asking the computer place for a quote as it may cost more to repair than to purchase new
    yes i did.I WILL COST LESS THAN A NEW COMPUTER,JUST AN ANTI-VIRUS ,FORMATED AND A THING TO RESOLVE
    jasperandchar likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The water table that ordered from Pampers rewards points arrived this morning, only took 10 days. The kids had a blast and got really wet. I had to buy crazy glue to fix the little boats because they won't stay together. The kids did great with the water table in the back yard and I managed to get quite a bit of weeding done.

I went to pick up the family pictures that we had taken when my in laws visited at the beginning of June...only to discover that they weren't properly aligned when they went to print it and baby girl's head is cut off. I'm glad I took the time to look at it. I left all the pictures there and told him that I'll deal with the manager. They offered for me to come back to completely reorder the pictures for free, but I simply didn't have the time to do it today. A fried was on days off and I got home to supervise our kids while I did a little running around, including a he trip to WM. I also bought a brand new pack of size 4 Huggies nighttime diapers for $5 off a lady on a local garage sale Facebook page. Our baby boy tends to pee out of diapers st night, so I'm going to see if this helps him.

Dh had had enough of the baskets of clean laundry taking over our bedroom, so he helped me tackle most of it Tuesday night. I just put on my 3rd load of laundry today.

I worked bingo at the local legion last night while Dh stayed home with all the kids. It was quiet when the bingo was on so I chatted with the volunteer organizer. I showed her the rebate apps and she was supposed to stop by this afternoon to get done of the June 30 expiry coupons from me.

edit: Baby girl cut her 4th tooth today. Baby boy is working on his 3rd tooth.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Jun 30th, 2016 at 07:33 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread Information