User Tag List

Page 1093 of 1952 FirstFirst ... 93 593 993 1043 1083 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1103 1143 1193 1593 ... LastLast
Results 16,381 to 16,395 of 29274
Like Tree118339Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello friends! @Natalka , I'm so sorry that you have had this outbreak on your leg. Did they find what was causing them before?

Your baking sounds very yummy @flemeth .

We are still looking for a permanent home for Benny the cat. How about I mail him out to you, @Natalka ? I could accompany him for a little visit to Saskatoon.

Well, laundry to fold. Bones to watch. I wonder when @Lynn49 will be checking in? I was thinking that they might have come across the March for Climate Change. That young woman was speaking at the UN.

See ya!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  35026493-1CB6-400A-897C-6284592B0BF9.jpeg
Views: 120
Size:  31.3 KB

ohhhh well !! couldn’t take it anymore..I had to venture outside and get my flowers .. put them in the garage for the night ..out the hurricane were getting here now ..Gee ! That windy outside..I could hardly stand on my 2 feet ..The wind was blowing me around the yard ..where I’m living ..my house is so close to ocean ..I normally get hit with the wind the most ..hopeful better day tomorrow..have a wonderful night Folks .Take Care
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all . I am so tired today not sure why.
    Its a nice fall day today. Regular routine here with a few errands to run .
    Have a great day all

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post

ohhhh well !! couldn’t take it anymore..I had to venture outside and get my flowers .. put them in the garage for the night ..out the hurricane were getting here now ..Gee ! That windy outside..I could hardly stand on my 2 feet ..The wind was blowing me around the yard ..where I’m living ..my house is so close to ocean ..I normally get hit with the wind the most ..hopeful better day tomorrow..have a wonderful night Folks .Take Care
    @Newfiescreech stay safe

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post

@Newfiescreech stay safe
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning everyone.
    Hope you haven't packed away all your summer clothing just yet...high of 27 tomorrow, feeling like 38! Sorry Calgary...

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hello, friends!
    A question for all the great cooks out there. I just bought 10lb. of potatoes for $1.99. I won't consume these very quickly. Can I do something to cook and freeze them?
    @avoncallingu , a 10lb bags of potatoes might disappear fast than you think. But it's pretty easy to keep the potatoes for quite a while before they're really gross and you can't use them anymore. Keep them in the paper bag they came in, in a dark cool place. Cold cellar or basements/basement crawl spaces work best. If you can't find a dark cool place, a dark place is the next best thing, like underneath your kitchen sink.

Potatoes will last quite a while. Even if they start to sprout while they're stored, you can always just cut off the sprouts and you're good to go with the tater. Even the ones that start to shrivel are okay to eat, these ones are great for making creamy mashed potatoes.

Hope that helps.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning @flemeth and @danger_dan
    Appointment this morning, be back later for meme time
    Anyone heard from @Lynn49 ? I hope she's having a great time

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Chilly Monday! Have a warm day all!
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Woke up to see a loverly blanket of snow outside; still coming down thickly now, but it turns into slush..

@avoncallingu - no reason for the blisters, unless it's from friction. The wound care nurse who was here Wednesday to do my leg testing put my stockings back on just by pulling them up with her hands, so that might have been enough, just don't know.

The nurse had suggested we try get a stocking on that leg today, but it was a no go, since it just started pushing the blister up and that hurt a lot.

I am tired of being so darned 'special' with getting all these little thingees added on that I must deal with.

Hope you all have a great day!

Name:  facebook_1569420067993.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  78.5 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!!

We just flew home last night, landing at 8pm and I was just too whacked out to do anything more than collapse on the sofa, squeeze Jenny and chat with my Hubby.

I just can't say enough about my trip with our Daughter!! We never stopped, and when 'we' did, it was her saying, "Mom...sit there (in my walker), don't move, I'm going to....." ...buy tickets, check her app for directions, everything! I didn't have to handle even my passport and boarding passes, she did everything...carrying my walker up and down escalators, parcels, going out for wine then discovering mine had a cork so pick up the phone call for a corkscrew, and in what other hotel would a young man delivering it to our room refuse a tip??!!! He just said, no problem, my pleasure!!

So. The Billy Joel concert at Madison Square Garden was amazing; that man's voice, his band are still as perfect as in the albums I played in the 70s! My DD suggested, before the concert started, that I just stay seated when the entire stadium was standing up, and watch the screens, but when she realized that we were the ONLY area where no one stood in front of us, she said that it was my turn to have an angel with me!! She was amazed and confused, lol...we didn't have to stand. Except we did, when "Only The Good Die Young" was our last song before we left early to casually walk out, no crowds, were directed to the first taxi in line, and got out of there before the mad crush. Her DH couldn't believe we left before "The Piano Man", but there would have been very difficult for me to get out and getting a taxi would have taken gosh only knows how long!

As for Aladdin, best theatre show I've ever seen so far!! The actor portraying the genie was absolutely adorably perfect!!! He really stole the show...but the flying carpet, the sets, the costumes, dancing...we just kept looking at each other from time to time just in awe of the performances and sets! We were in the exact centre of the 5th row, so every glittery sparkle was so close...what an amazing show!!

We shopped of course, picked up a few things, visited The Met's art gallery the first afternoon and could have spent a day there, but not this time. The Big Bus tour was something we thought would just get us from here to there, but the narrative the guide provided was so informative, it was obvious he truly studied the history of the city and we learned so much from him!

I won't go on and on, lol....just suffice it to say that I was supremely spoiled by my Daughter, we saw everything we could squeeze into the time we had, enjoyed our time together, lots of laughs and giggles no matter where we were.
    I turned her into a NYC-lover, too!! Again, the people were so kind, so helpful...I have no idea where the idea of rude New Yorkers originated, but it's certainly not true at all.

I've returned home from temps in the 80s with humidity, to our fall temps here and although it's a relief from the heat, I did enjoy being in the summertime again. I also now have a cold and cough, but I imagine that's just from being a little run-down and overly busy, but no regrets, I'll cherish these memories with my Daughter.

OK!! Now.. @avoncallingu , did I read your post correctly, that your Brother's cat now needs a "permanent" home? Which means that he's...where?? I should have been texting you from NY, but honestly we were non-stop busy.
    @Natalka ,, I hope your new sore heals quickly, but I feel I've lost track of what's happening....has it been taken care of? How have you been the past few days?

Everyone....thank you for those birthday wishes, thinking of me while I was away...it's good to be home and visiting with all of you again!!

Enjoy your Monday!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Lynn49 sounds like you and your DD had a blast. Yes I must agree with New Yorkers are very friendly, kind and respectful helpful.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Just checking in but I’m very tired lol. Went for my spin class today and volunteered for the liberal campaign for the 4th day in a row. Tomorrow will 5 day straight. Was helping them with office work and went door to door today for a couple hours. Tomorrow I’ll be doing my laundry afterwards too. Hope everyone has a good evening.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Lynn49

So happy for you to have had such a wonderful time!

I have a huge blister on my left shin. It's been looked at and bandaged by a nurse Sat. Tomorrow someone will come by to see it.

Have a nice, restful evening - that includes everyone!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Lynn49
    I'm so happy to hear you had such a great time! Personally, I have no desire to visit NYC but I'm glad you enjoyed it I'll stick to Milwaukee and Green Bay, another great trip for us

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thread Information