User Tag List

Page 1863 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 863 1363 1763 1813 1853 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1873 1913 ... LastLast
Results 27,931 to 27,945 of 29357
Like Tree118520Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, Purdee, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@GoJays I laughed and laughed at the CS reply and that was BEFORE I read the last sentence! Then I laughed some more. How about them Blue Jays huh?
    Hey Tampa Bay Rays, come into town with your 13-0 record for the start of the MLB Season and watch us make you CRY!! We took 2 out of 3...going for the sweep tomorrow.
    Skippy, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day fellow thread dwellers!…where is everyone?….probably taking in all this warmth and sunshine.
    I would too but this roo is not acclimatized to this so early in the year.
    Celebrating second Easter dinner today with 1/2 of family not coming because of colds. Me thinks I will be eating turkey for quite some time!
    Whatever you’re up to today May it be a time of blessings for you and yours!
    Lynn49, GoJays and walkonby like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning gang.
    GoJays and walkonby like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

hello there @danger_dan , how are you doing?
    danger_dan likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Purdee, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh!! if only eating that chocolate cake came with no penalties. Calories in, calories out right? My metabolism sings a different tune, " calories in...thanks, I'll just deposit these into areas around your hips and thighs....now feed me!! " lol

Actually it was a pretty decent start to my day once I understood that I really didn't have to go out that early. Took my time and left near 11 a.m. as I just wanted to pick up more parsnips, ( a project I hope to work on later) but they had to be large ones, with nice wide bottoms. Most places sell them in bags, ( useless to me ) as they are all skinny like a spindle! Anyways IF my energy level stays on high and my carpel tunnel allows me to pull the veggie peeler tool down the shaft of each parsnip to make the strips I will post a photo of the raw parsnips and then the finished product. So exciting isn't it? Any guesses as to what I am going to make?
    GoJays and danger_dan like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Oh!! if only eating that chocolate cake came with no penalties. Calories in, calories out right? My metabolism sings a different tune, " calories in...thanks, I'll just deposit these into areas around your hips and thighs....now feed me!! " lol

Actually it was a pretty decent start to my day once I understood that I really didn't have to go out that early. Took my time and left near 11 a.m. as I just wanted to pick up more parsnips, ( a project I hope to work on later) but they had to be large ones, with nice wide bottoms. Most places sell them in bags, ( useless to me ) as they are all skinny like a spindle! Anyways IF my energy level stays on high and my carpel tunnel allows me to pull the veggie peeler tool down the shaft of each parsnip to make the strips I will post a photo of the raw parsnips and then the finished product. So exciting isn't it? Any guesses as to what I am going to make?
    @walkonby I am thinking parsnip’s fries
    GoJays and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I've done that a few times. When I was pregnant I ate a round black forest cake that was supposed to serve 8 according to the label on the box - not in 1 sitting but in 1 day at 2 separate times.

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    GoJays, walkonby and HermanH like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post

@flemeth you weren't too far off the mark. I WOULD have made them all fries except for this stupid diet thing, so instead I made thin julienne strips and deep fried them crispy.
    Shaked off most of the oil when I lifted the basket out, then onto a paper towel bed. I use these in my garden salads as a replacement for croutons, DH puts some on top of a steak.
    With the scraps that I couldn't make into strips I made thin slices and baked in the oven with just a drizzle of EVOO over them.

Name:  parsnips in the raw.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  76.3 KB

Name:  parsnips fried up crispy.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  96.6 KB
    danger_dan, alex78 and flemeth like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    I've done that a few times. When I was pregnant I ate a round black forest cake that was supposed to serve 8 according to the label on the box - not in 1 sitting but in 1 day at 2 separate times.
    Had four girls come into Dairy Queen to buy a cake that normally serves 8-10. They asked for four spoons and proceeded to demolish the entire thing right there in the restaurant.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thread Information