User Tag List

Page 1913 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 913 1413 1813 1863 1903 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1923 ... LastLast
Results 28,681 to 28,695 of 29357
Like Tree118522Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone

Happy Friday
    Skippy and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

What shall I embark on today? A deep clean of any number of areas that need it here? nope. I might return some empty wine bottles and beer cans to the Beer store.
    Might shop at Dollarama and Metro again, definitely will pump gas at Shell. Priorities!

T.G.I.F.
    Skippy likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

boo. sneaking in before the afternoon.
    Have a great Turkey weekend everyone
    Skippy, GoJays and walkonby like this.
    DANGER

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone

Happy Saturday
    Skippy likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Yay...Thanksgiving weekend and it's actually fall like outside!....Hope everyone is taking advantage of the opportunity just to relax(of course after the turkey is cooked) and be thankful.Yeah we got our problems but compared to most of the world we're not doing too bad!
    My cat is sitting on the floor in the sunbeam cleaning himself, if only I were as easily content!
    Other than cooking turkey and sharing it with friends not much happening which is alright with me.
    Whatever you're up to this weekend I hope you're able to take time to smell the turkey,or the leaves,or something good!
    Be kind to one another!
    GoJays, walkonby and crafter like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!

Well we had a very UNtraditional thanksgiving on Saturday! The family, 5 of us, spent Saturday afternoon making over 200 pyrohy! Yep, the kids brought out their newer, fancier, lol, pasta maker, DD then GS made the dough, Hubby and I sat and shaped little dough bombs….then the little cuties were put on trays to flash freeze before bagging them up, and we all had a feast of fresh pyrohy with sautéed bacon and onions, then played games! Did we miss the turkey dinner? Not one single bit! Christmas, however, will be traditional, except we’ll be making Ukrainian cabbage rolls a couple days before!what a great idea, that untraditional thanksgiving, I hope we do that next year!

Then a relaxing two days….of course every day is Saturday here!

Enjoy your Monday!! Have a great week!
    Skippy, walkonby and crafter like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good morning, everyone!

Well we had a very UNtraditional thanksgiving on Saturday! The family, 5 of us, spent Saturday afternoon making over 200 pyrohy! Yep, the kids brought out their newer, fancier, lol, pasta maker, DD then GS made the dough, Hubby and I sat and shaped little dough bombs….then the little cuties were put on trays to flash freeze before bagging them up, and we all had a feast of fresh pyrohy with sautéed bacon and onions, then played games! Did we miss the turkey dinner? Not one single bit! Christmas, however, will be traditional, except we’ll be making Ukrainian cabbage rolls a couple days before!what a great idea, that untraditional thanksgiving, I hope we do that next year!

Then a relaxing two days….of course every day is Saturday here!

Enjoy your Monday!! Have a great week!
    What a fun family way to celebrate Thanksgiving. Amazed at how many pyrohy you made!! I've been tempted to try to make them. I was eyeing a pasta press on Amazon so this might be the right time. Any chance of sharing the recipe?
    Skippy, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

From a couple of Canadian news clips I watched, many people did forgo hosting the turkey this Thanksgiving, while others modified their menus to save some bucks.

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/here-s-a-l...tawa-1.6590971

The fresh birds in this clip? ( 11 kg bird for $155.00 ??! ) All I could do was roar with laughter. As much as I have always ( and still do ) enjoy cooking for our family get togethers of 8-10 people, every now and then I hit a wall. So...no guilt cancelling this years event, tbh, it was a nice change with just DS, DH and myself. There were nearly no leftovers and the cleanup was lickety-split! Hope everyone did what was suitable for them.
    Last edited by walkonby; Mon, Oct 9th, 2023 at 03:39 PM.
    Lynn49 and crafter like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, Purdee, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Four day work week everyone! Good morning. Some fun MLB games last night. Even though my Blue Jays are not in it I still love watching
    whatever ex-Blue Jays are still in there going for GOLD! ha ha Like Lourdes Gurriel Jr. smacking a HR ! They lead that series 2-0 and it was
    at Dodger Stadium! ( L.A. fans should be worried now )

https://www.mlb.com/video/lourdes-gu...r-field-endthy

Then the flub in the 9thg inning that cost Philadelphia the game with the Braves!

https://twitter.com/Braves/status/17...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

No stress for me watching the Post Season games.
    Skippy, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    What a fun family way to celebrate Thanksgiving. Amazed at how many pyrohy you made!! I've been tempted to try to make them. I was eyeing a pasta press on Amazon so this might be the right time. Any chance of sharing the recipe?
    Hello!
    Yes, @crafter, I’d be happy to share our recipe…we’re very busy today, but tomorrow I’ll look it up and send it to you. My memory isn’t as good these days, if I forget, please remind me.
    The potato filling is easy….mashed potatoes, lots of old cheddar cheese and lightly sautéed finely chopped onions (just to soften, not colour), the potatoes should have a good orange colour, pepper, that’s it, and can be made the day ahead. You can simply roll out strips of dough, our Mom used to make them…we (my Dad, my brother, my boyfriend, now my Hubby, lol) helped and made 300-400 at a time…flash freeze on baking sheets, then separate into freezer bags…that’s it.
    Well...except for the cutting, folding part...I'd suggest this (I just ordered a set, the one our DD had made 6 at a time, but she had to use a rolling pin to push them through the form...exhausting, having to use so much pressure!)...if you want a more pyrohy look, just use 1/2 of the round one to cut...but really who cares what shape it is? Lol!!: Fox Run 57670 Ravioli Cutter Stamps, Round & Square, Set of 2, 11.99 on Amazon!

We had one ages ago, we'd form a long strip, place dough balls onto it, spaced apart, fold the dough over, and cut them all along that strip! Not one at a time...more like the first photo. That other kind, that folds over is tedious and it would take all day making one at a time like that!

it’s the dough recipe you’ll need so that it’s able to hold the filling in.We used to make cinnamon apple, blueberry, sauerkraut pyrohy, too! Just to complicate things, lol!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Oct 10th, 2023 at 10:14 AM.
    walkonby and crafter like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, all!

Off to Killarney tomorrow for our group’s performance, so it’s nice that it’s not pouring rain or snowing! We had some yesterday, but it didn’t stay long, thankfully!

Ok., A busy day tiday, too! Must run…..enjoy the day, everyone!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Oct 10th, 2023 at 10:48 AM.
    Skippy likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@crafter , here’s the dough recipe we use:
    6 cups flour, 2 cups water, 2 eggs, 1tbsp oil, 1 tsp salt.
    mix together in a Kitchenaid, or stir by hand, then knead for a few minutes until a soft dough comes together. No need to “rest” it.
    There are all sorts of fancy recipes out there, but this has always been ours because it works, lol!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Oct 10th, 2023 at 10:52 AM.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Skippy, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.
    DANGER

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Hello!
    Yes, @crafter, I’d be happy to share our recipe…we’re very busy today, but tomorrow I’ll look it up and send it to you. My memory isn’t as good these days, if I forget, please remind me.
    The potato filling is easy….mashed potatoes, lots of old cheddar cheese and lightly sautéed finely chopped onions (just to soften, not colour), the potatoes should have a good orange colour, pepper, that’s it, and can be made the day ahead. You can simply roll out strips of dough, our Mom used to make them…we (my Dad, my brother, my boyfriend, now my Hubby, lol) helped and made 300-400 at a time…flash freeze on baking sheets, then separate into freezer bags…that’s it.
    Well...except for the cutting, folding part...I'd suggest this (I just ordered a set, the one our DD had made 6 at a time, but she had to use a rolling pin to push them through the form...exhausting, having to use so much pressure!)...if you want a more pyrohy look, just use 1/2 of the round one to cut...but really who cares what shape it is? Lol!!: Fox Run 57670 Ravioli Cutter Stamps, Round & Square, Set of 2, 11.99 on Amazon!

We had one ages ago, we'd form a long strip, place dough balls onto it, spaced apart, fold the dough over, and cut them all along that strip! Not one at a time...more like the first photo. That other kind, that folds over is tedious and it would take all day making one at a time like that!

it’s the dough recipe you’ll need so that it’s able to hold the filling in.We used to make cinnamon apple, blueberry, sauerkraut pyrohy, too! Just to complicate things, lol!
    Wow thank you so much for the details Lynn! The filling sounds so good and I'm in awe that you made apple cinnamon and blueberry ones too I'm very much looking forward to trying them out. Appreciate the Amazon link too
    Lynn49 likes this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Thread Information