User Tag List

Page 654 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 154 554 604 644 652 653 654 655 656 664 704 754 1154 1654 ... LastLast
Results 9,796 to 9,810 of 29354
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

YAY!!!!

We were at the kids' home earlier this evening, and our DD surprised us by telling us she PASSED all 4 of her life insurance exams on Tuesday!!!!!!
    She didn't even read one book!! All marks in the 80s and 90s!!
    I'm just do damn proud of that little critter!!!!

Sending up a prayer every 2 hours did the trick! Of course, she had something to do with it, too!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

That's wonderful! How is their vacation panning out? Have they had to change destinations?

It's been raining on and off all evening. But tomorrow for the Wellesley Apple Butter and Cheese Festival, the weather is supposed to be cool but sunny.

I have booked 2 tickets to a play in Stratford on Wednesday through my membership in "House Seats." You pay a yearly fee and then get free tickets to productions. Most of them are in Toronto but I was glad to see these in Stratford which is only about 35 minutes away.

Going to watch the news and hit the sack.

Good night folks! Fall brings happy times.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    That's wonderful! How is their vacation panning out? Have they had to change destinations?

It's been raining on and off all evening. But tomorrow for the Wellesley Apple Butter and Cheese Festival, the weather is supposed to be cool but sunny.

I have booked 2 tickets to a play in Stratford on Wednesday through my membership in "House Seats." You pay a yearly fee and then get free tickets to productions. Most of them are in Toronto but I was glad to see these in Stratford which is only about 35 minutes away.

Going to watch the news and hit the sack.

Good night folks! Fall brings happy times.
    Thank you, @avoncallingu ....yep, all's well at Myrtle Beach and their trip to the Northern Resort Plantation, the two couples rented a condo...their golf courses are open, so they leave tomorrow, fly into TO, stay overnight then on to MB. We'll have our GS for the week.

Enjoy your play at Stratford...which play will you be attending? Have a safe and happy trip!!

Newfiescreech and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  E9783918-F0F7-4449-BBF5-D4A8B9D689D5.jpeg
Views: 152
Size:  100.8 KB
    Natalka, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    OMGOODNESS!! I'd get nothing done, EVER, if I had a view from our home like that!!!
    Pour the wine, Sweetie, I'll be right over!!!!
    Ohhhhh Lynn your welcome to come to Newfoundland anytime ..when i know your coming ..i will have nice bottle of wine waiting for your arrival ..so you can relax and sit by window here and look at ocean and you will be amaze how close my house to water ..just dont go outside in backyard feeling to tipsy ..cause you just might fall in ocean lol .
    Lynn49, cabmonk and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Newfiescreech , don't you dare tempt me near that ocean of yours or you'll find me knocking on your door! Hahaha! I've always been drawn to such open water, but not to swim in, they terrify me with their awesome power. Yet, there's such beauty in that power; I have a great respect for what they are.
    I hope you're having a lovely weekend and managing to relax just a little?
    Newfiescreech and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Here's some of the clothes I bought from value village. Until recently I was a 3x creeping into 4x and this shirt and hoodie are 2x. The hoodie fits a bit better than the shirt but the shirt still fits ok. I'm still squeezed in like a sausage but a smaller sausage lol. My friend was like, it's ok but I don't like red and yellow. Ahh pfft I put together a nice outfit haha.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

No one's up, yet?? Just me?
    I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.....

GOOD MORNING, sleepyheads!!

...anyone ever notice that those 'sayings' are all on the wrong side of the cup for right-handed people? They face us instead of our intended audience....

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

woo @cabmonk !!! You say you are squeezed in like a sausage into your new gear? phooey! I say your progress in knocking down some sizes trumps it all. I so wish i could find my motivation again, you sure are inspiring. Make sure you tell us about your families reaction when they see the new you at Thanksgiving.

Not much going on here. Hey btw, if anyone is collecting the hockey playing cards at Tims, I discovered they want to charge you double the price for a pack of them if you don't buy a hot beverage!?? I bought 1 coffee and asked for 5 packs not knowing, but I quickly got a refund once I saw 4 of them rang up at $1.99 each... I just bought the one pack. Pfft!

Congrats to @Lynn49 on your DD passing those exams!! I'll bet that makes her vacation to MB so less stressful.

For those of you that have one of those Instant Pots I heard yesterday that you can make bread in it in way less time than the traditional way. Here is a link to the sour dough recipe. I almost bought one of those pots but they looked so small to me at the time.

https://livingsweetmoments.com/crust...urdough-bread/

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Here's some of the clothes I bought from value village. Until recently I was a 3x creeping into 4x and this shirt and hoodie are 2x. The hoodie fits a bit better than the shirt but the shirt still fits ok. I'm still squeezed in like a sausage but a smaller sausage lol. My friend was like, it's ok but I don't like red and yellow. Ahh pfft I put together a nice outfit haha.
    Ohhh WOW 😮 Cabmonk ..i think your doing AWESOME ..keep up wonderful work your doing ..can see a big big difference in you ..I think clothing looks good on you ..even t shirt ..you dont need it loose that it looks miles to big ..way to go my friend ..just keep plunging away one day at time ..you will get there in time my friend ..have awesome weekend
    Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  16493018-7675-48F9-8BCE-F3B84EC858B3.jpeg
Views: 113
Size:  85.6 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Newfiescreech, don't you dare tempt me near that ocean of yours or you'll find me knocking on your door! Hahaha! I've always been drawn to such open water, but not to swim in, they terrify me with their awesome power. Yet, there's such beauty in that power; I have a great respect for what they are.
    I hope you're having a lovely weekend and managing to relax just a little?
    Hey lynn ..your always welcome to come ..my grandfather would always say to strangers that he only meet for first time ..my sonny by’s .. There’s no price tags on our doors in Newfoundland..When ever you go to my Grandparents home always strangers there ..you always went way with your belly full and friend for life ..yes !! The ocean can be very powerful and some day a lot calmer then other days ..when i was kid thats only place we would swim ..i love salt water ..not good when you gets mouthful LOL though we had park with fresh water but noooo had be saltwater LOL ..as i sit here in living room now i can here waves rolling in and out ..no i dont have any windows open ..thats how loud 0cean is today ..have wonderful sunday and take good care yourself sweetie

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    woo @cabmonk !!! You say you are squeezed in like a sausage into your new gear? phooey! I say your progress in knocking down some sizes trumps it all. I so wish i could find my motivation again, you sure are inspiring. Make sure you tell us about your families reaction when they see the new you at Thanksgiving.

Not much going on here. Hey btw, if anyone is collecting the hockey playing cards at Tims, I discovered they want to charge you double the price for a pack of them if you don't buy a hot beverage!?? I bought 1 coffee and asked for 5 packs not knowing, but I quickly got a refund once I saw 4 of them rang up at $1.99 each... I just bought the one pack. Pfft!

Congrats to @Lynn49 on your DD passing those exams!! I'll bet that makes her vacation to MB so less stressful.

For those of you that have one of those Instant Pots I heard yesterday that you can make bread in it in way less time than the traditional way. Here is a link to the sour dough recipe. I almost bought one of those pots but they looked so small to me at the time.

https://livingsweetmoments.com/crust...urdough-bread/
    Thank you, @walkonby....she always stresses me out by saying how awful she did on exams, then aces them with honours!! Brat!! And you're so right about her now enjoying her vacation without having to check her office emails all week for heaven's sake!! Couldn't have turned out better. She texted that they just landed in Myrtle Beach about a half hour ago and I texted back: "Enjoy! We just had a 5 minute snow flurry!" Hahaha!

@Newfiescreech, your story about your Grandfather is so touching, such beautiful memories of our loved ones....is he still with you or has he passed? I read what you posted about sitting in your livingroom listening to the ocean to my Hubby..he smiled and I said, "Don't smile, I'm sad. " I will get to see the ocean again...we're planning a cruise in 2 years for our 50th anniversary!!

@Natalka...how's by you this morning??
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Sep 30th, 2018 at 12:12 PM.
    cabmonk and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks guys I'll let you know what people say around Thanksgiving. I'm just kinda joking around because I can still see the rolls lol. I don't mind joking about myself. I've had people see me on the sidewalk and say I'm fat. I would say something like wow you're observant and walk away.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you, @walkonby....she always stresses me out by saying how awful she did on exams, then aces them with honours!! Brat!! And you're so right about her now enjoying her vacation without having to check her office emails all week for heaven's sake!! Couldn't have turned out better. She texted that they just landed in Myrtle Beach about a half hour ago and I texted back: "Enjoy! We just had a 5 minute snow flurry!" Hahaha!

@Newfiescreech, your story about your Grandfather is so touching, such beautiful memories of our loved ones....is he still with you or has he passed? I read what you posted about sitting in your livingroom listening to the ocean to my Hubby..he smiled and I said, "Don't smile, I'm sad. " I will get to see the ocean again...we're planning a cruise in 2 years for our 50th anniversary!!

@Natalka...how's by you this morning??
    Lynn ..my Grandfather passed away while i was living in Brampton, Ontario..so my Grandmother called and said dont come home .. it’s Christmas Eve and you wont get flight home today ..i tried get flight out to come home and pay my last respects to my grandfather..but everything was booked ..no way get home ..so i often thinking back and say why was i so far away from home when they all needed me at home ..though my grandmother always said your Grandfather would never want you spend all that money get here for his funeral ..so that part normally ease pain some .My grandparents live in same garden as we did ..their home was in front and our house was on back of theirs ..my grandfather would look out their dining room window and wave his hand to me if i was at our living room window ..so I was pretty close to my grandparents growing up
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Thread Information