User Tag List

Page 809 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 309 709 759 799 807 808 809 810 811 819 859 909 1309 1809 ... LastLast
Results 12,121 to 12,135 of 29357
Like Tree118520Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, cabmonk and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Well, what a change overnight. Late evening I was told I would be moving.
    Good news is it's a private room. What was supposed to be good news is a new bariatric-sized air bed. However, no one knew how to operate it properly, it's all computerized. It wasn't until one a.m. that I was left alone. To try sleep. It was terribly uncomfortable, I had a lousy night.
    I had been ready to sleep before 10, as I had my meds and all the packing up of my room and the cleaning of the new room were going on.

Same with this morn, just very uncomfy. I won't have the independence I had with a regular bed, even to get a side rail down so I can sit at the side of the bed - I have to get a nurse to do.

Hoping it gets better.

Have a great day, everyone!
    Lynn49, cabmonk, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Good morning!

Well, what a change overnight. Late evening I was told I would be moving.
    Good news is it's a private room. What was supposed to be good news is a new bariatric-sized air bed. However, no one knew how to operate it properly, it's all computerized. It wasn't until one a.m. that I was left alone. To try sleep. It was terribly uncomfortable, I had a lousy night.
    I had been ready to sleep before 10, as I had my meds and all the packing up of my room and the cleaning of the new room were going on.

Same with this morn, just very uncomfy. I won't have the independence I had with a regular bed, even to get a side rail down so I can sit at the side of the bed - I have to get a nurse to do.

Hoping it gets better.

Have a great day, everyone!
    Jeepers, @Natalka, that's a pretty chi-chi-poo-poo bed ya got there, and it should be spoiling you! How awful that you're so uncomfortable in it! I hope either you get more accustomed to it or something can be done. As to a private room it's the ONLY one I've ever had (except for my emergency leg-break visit which was just a couple overnights)! I always shut my door and one time a nurse came in and said, Oh...sorry, we shut the door on you! And I said 'no....I keep it shut'.
    I'm not socialbe when I don't want to be and I'm not in the hospital to make friends. It was lovely with my new babies, to be in a private room.
    I hope at least THAT stays with you even if perhaps the bed needs to be changed out.
    Why did they move you to a bed like that, Nat??

Hope you have a better day, Sweets!!!
    cabmonk, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

OMG, I had it all written out, touched something wrong and it disappeared.

Lynn, they thought it would be good for me because of my sciatica and it's meant for bigger people.

However, things change quickly here - the ideas do anyway, not always the execution.

They decided this bed is not for me, since I am mobile while in the bed, and can get sitting at the side of the bed without assistance. It's meant for people who are barely mobile at all.

So I asked if I could have my old bed back, it was the right size for me, and comfy.
    They said they had another bed in mind, just had to go find one.
    That was two hours ago.
    They took me out of the bed in a sling and I have been sitting in a chair. I have had enough of sitting in the chair - it was nice at first, but my back and hips hurt, legs are shaky.

More later bed here
    Lynn49, cabmonk, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Sorry for all the troubles you are going through @Natalka

I am slowly feeling better. Except for 1 set back. Last night around 8pm my gut pain went way down. However around 4am I had the worst pain of the whole thing. I was in tears saying please stop doing this to me lol. Anyway the pain has been about 90% gone for the last 4 hours and I hope it sticks.
    Lynn49, GoJays and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Sorry for all the troubles you are going through @Natalka

I am slowly feeling better. Except for 1 set back. Last night around 8pm my gut pain went way down. However around 4am I had the worst pain of the whole thing. I was in tears saying please stop doing this to me lol. Anyway the pain has been about 90% gone for the last 4 hours and I hope it sticks.
    So, what's going on Cabbie? Have you been to a clinic? Maybe something else is going on, heaven forbid...but perhaps you should be checked out....
    cabmonk likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    OMG, I had it all written out, touched something wrong and it disappeared.

Lynn, they thought it would be good for me because of my sciatica and it's meant for bigger people.

However, things change quickly here - the ideas do anyway, not always the execution.

They decided this bed is not for me, since I am mobile while in the bed, and can get sitting at the side of the bed without assistance. It's meant for people who are barely mobile at all.

So I asked if I could have my old bed back, it was the right size for me, and comfy.
    They said they had another bed in mind, just had to go find one.
    That was two hours ago.
    They took me out of the bed in a sling and I have been sitting in a chair. I have had enough of sitting in the chair - it was nice at first, but my back and hips hurt, legs are shaky.

More later bed here
    Isn't that so dang frustrating, @Natalka ?! I've done that myself and was so mad I didn't re-do the post or email on that tablet! They can be so touchy sometimes!

So that's quite a bed story you have there and boy I understand sitting too long and how it can take it out of you. By now I hope you're comfortably reclined in bed again and resting. AND I hope that bed beats the other two for comfort, and that you have good pain control now.

Fingers crossed for you, Nat!!
    cabmonk likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Just checking in for today hope you all are doing good. I s very slippery outside.
    Had my follow up for my tooth and the Dr think it’s healing nicely. He will not repeating my antibiotics. So that’s good news . The area is still sore. @Natalka I am so sorry for all that you have to go through. Hope your bed issue get sorted out quickly so you can have some rest. I am happy that you will be having a private room. Keeping you in my prayers. @cabmonk hope you feel better soon I am agreeing with Lynn49 you should go get check out.
    Lynn49, cabmonk and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I'm actually feeling ok now. Haven't had any real pain for several hours now. Not even when I touch my stomach. I think I'm finally out of this garbage lol. I finally managed to wash some dishes from Monday and tidy up a bit. I'm wiped out but definitely better.
    Last edited by cabmonk; Thu, Jan 24th, 2019 at 04:57 PM.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@cabmonk - I agree with the others, you should be checking with a doc - at first it sounded like a bit of a yummy bug, now it seems like way more

@flemeth - so glad things are almost healed for you!

So they slung me over to the new bed which they touted as fairly new with some bells and whistles, bed goes lower to the floor than the last, and it's firm.
    I got on it, they took off the sling/harness (which reminds me of a turtle shell) and settled me in. It wasn't long til I napped. I woke myself up twice with a snore/snort - where that came from, I have no clue. Jammed a pillow into my back because the bed is hard and hurt my back.
    Nurse came by and asked how the bed was, I just said too hard. The look on her face told me the right answer should have been something else!

Son is coming over after work, so yay!

Have a great evening, folks.
    Lynn49, cabmonk and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thanks @Natalka glad you got a nap. Hope the can figure out the right bed for you. Enjoy your visit with Milian
    @cabmonk glad you are feeling better
    Natalka, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oy yoy yoy!! The ups and downs for you @Natalka !! I mean if they ask " how is the bed " ? and you are honest and say it's a bit hard...sheesh! They are supposed to figure this out by your real answers, not by the ones that make their job easier.
    That being said HOORAY for getting into a private room!! Like Lynn I always had a private room, not that there have been too many hospitalizations but it truly helps the healing and perfect for getting the proper rest.

About any confusion @Lynn49 wrt to the strange posts you said that were there from me..... the mods probably did some editing and removed the member who posted ahead of me. It made no sense what that member was doing, so I alerted them.
    @avoncallingu , @danger_dan and others who are experiencing the freezing slippery walking or the slushy mess I hear ya loud and clear! I truly did not want to venture out today but I did anyways.
    Just so grateful that by the time I was heading West on the 401, the mess on the off ramps was almost cleared up. They still had the 3 consecutive exits closed, but lucky me I did not have to get off the Express lane until the 4th one!! ( which was open ).

I feel it will either be a nap soon or I'll pretend to go watch some tv and fall asleep anyway. Surrender time!!
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@walkonby ...stay in those "granny lanes", as some call the collector lanes...I'd rather be on those than the motor-raceway that's the 401!!
    It wasn't me who notices your post or posts, I'm not that observant, but I'm glad it all worked out. Strange things sometimes happen here..
    Natalka and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Natalka and cabmonk like this.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Natalka and walkonby like this.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Thread Information