User Tag List

Page 989 of 1953 FirstFirst ... 489 889 939 979 987 988 989 990 991 999 1039 1089 1489 ... LastLast
Results 14,821 to 14,835 of 29295
Like Tree118399Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

@GoJays - ugh, such bad timing for your son. One of my nephews be had it last fall, when he wasn't getting better after having strep throat.
    Sure hope it passes quickly for him!

We got really decent rains on the weekend, so that was wonderful. Last evening, I was in the kitchen when Vader kitty comes in quickly, body close down to the floor. Husband was in living room, I asked what happened and he said the rain was making noise on the front door and window. Vader got scared and hid behind my leg for a while - she was brave to come out after a few minutes to see what was up!

Will have to do lots of walking today to prime myself up for Wednesday, when I have a Dr appointment at a hospital. She was kind to fit me in there instead of her office, so I could use a wheelchair.
    That is going to be a hellish morning, I have not done the stairs since I came home. Down is not bad, but up sure will be!

Hope you all have a marvelous Monday!
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Jun 24th, 2019 at 10:17 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

The joys of being in a city with a wonderful river going through the middle of it: there were sightings of two cougars but then later they could not be found, even with a plane searching. It's in an area of the city not far from where my sister lives and she always walks those trails!

Name:  facebook_1561384805361.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  86.0 KB
    Lynn49, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  facebook_1561384771505.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  23.3 KB
    Lynn49, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

danger_dan likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks Avon and Natalka.
    Funny that you should say that your nephew's started with strep because that's how ds's started. He got amoxicillin for it and a few days later he developed a rash all over from it. Stopped the amoxicillin, rash goes away. How long did it take your nephew to recover completely?
    Lynn49, cath007 and danger_dan like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Good morning, everyone. Just checking in! It's raining like the Dickens this morning, and chilly. I have milk heating on the stove to make hot chocolate. It's a want-to-be-cozy kind of day.
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Unique items and great deals to be found on the Halifax Cat Rescue Society auction page.
    Love snail mail? Try
    Postcrossing!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@GoJays

Sorry I don't know. I know it got diagnosed about two weeks after he got strep. When he went back to school, it was a graduated return.
    Lynn49, GoJays and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yeah, that sounds like mine... baby steps. He gets tired out very easily. Not good for a ball player
    Natalka, Lynn49 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I love this, total coincidence!

All three of the grandmothers unexpectedly showed up to the wedding in the exact same dress

Jimmy Fallon had it as part of his wedding fails - but I think it's adorable!
    The dress is beautiful!

Name:  D9ZOJZMXUAA9zL3.jpeg
Views: 143
Size:  128.7 KB

Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Jun 24th, 2019 at 12:36 PM.
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Yeah, that sounds like mine... baby steps. He gets tired out very easily. Not good for a ball player
    With mono the person is to avoid strenuous activity, something to do with the spleen. Oleksa is a soccer dude, so he didn't like having to miss that.
    Lynn49, GoJays, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good day, all!!
    @GoJays , gosh, no time is a good time for strep or mono, but this time of the year has got to be so deflating for him with grad, summer sports on the go. I hope your son recovers quickly and smoothly.

Nothing to report from here, the rains should start soon and continue for a while so it's a painting day today, practicing new techniques. There are so many things I want to do, to get into, to try, but my body just decides to 'give-out' if I push a little too hard, and by that I mean if I spend a day doing "stuff" the next day is pretty much a day of rest, dammit. It can be so frustrating.

Enjoy your day, everyone, as quiet, as busy as it may be.
    Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Natalka you win this mornings prize for posts that saw me choking back my beverage! The comment under the cat's enraged facial expression seeing the cougar! and of course that perfect sarcastic one rewarding someone with a coffee for NOT stabbing anyone yet. ha ha ha thanks!!

So....darn it all eh @GoJays , of all the rotten luck for your DS to get ill right around grad time. main thing is he recovers and hopefully soon!!
    Another decent enough day here for me....I was gonna say for US , but hrmph! since no one else is even up yet I refuse to include them in my review.
    Sipping a combo beverage atm....one can Blue Menu Lime Sparkling water mixed with a Coke Zero over ice!! Woo hoo....tasty!!

Thanks for the kind comments everyone regarding both my stitchery and the new deck.
    I nearly purchased 2 potted items at a local Asian Mkt today. ( everything is at reduced sale prices now ) They were hydrangeas, about 2 feet of plant height from the soil upwards?
    DD had put in her request for this type of a bush/plant thingy when all the walkway work is done and we will be replanting some things, but I was too scared to buy them ( final sales ) in case they are the wrong type or whatever......I wish I was more knowledgeable about greenery. ugh!
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@GoJays I feel really bad that your DS got sick. Hoping he gets over this quickly. I remembered when both my DDs was graduating from grade 8 what a big event it is and all the fuss over it. I am just hoping he gets better in time for this milestone event in his life .
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @Natalka you win this mornings prize for posts that saw me choking back my beverage! The comment under the cat's enraged facial expression seeing the cougar! and of course that perfect sarcastic one rewarding someone with a coffee for NOT stabbing anyone yet. ha ha ha thanks!!

So....darn it all eh @GoJays , of all the rotten luck for your DS to get ill right around grad time. main thing is he recovers and hopefully soon!!
    Another decent enough day here for me....I was gonna say for US , but hrmph! since no one else is even up yet I refuse to include them in my review.
    Sipping a combo beverage atm....one can Blue Menu Lime Sparkling water mixed with a Coke Zero over ice!! Woo hoo....tasty!!

Thanks for the kind comments everyone regarding both my stitchery and the new deck.
    I nearly purchased 2 potted items at a local Asian Mkt today. ( everything is at reduced sale prices now ) They were hydrangeas, about 2 feet of plant height from the soil upwards?
    DD had put in her request for this type of a bush/plant thingy when all the walkway work is done and we will be replanting some things, but I was too scared to buy them ( final sales ) in case they are the wrong type or whatever......I wish I was more knowledgeable about greenery. ugh!
    Hostas. Lots of hostas, @walkonby: they'll never let you down!

I just love, love them! One of our campground neighbours was putting in a new deck before their new park-trailer was going to be installed and asked us if we wanted any hostas. Was she kidding?! I couldn't get over there fast enough, hahaha!!
    Her hubby and mine dug up 3 large ones, one of which finished off the side of our deck, the other 2 were planted just beyond our yard, between us and the next trailer. There are always dense trees between all of our trailers but it just needed more ground cover. Well "steal" more next weekend...I gave her the last big bottle of my kiwi wine we had bottled from a wine place which she loved at the fish fry and she just hugged it, lol...they're such sweet people, and they know how to play euchre!

So...hostas, Walks!! They almost look tropical, fill our and grow so beautifully...get a collection, gosh if you were here you could cut into ours at home, we've lined one side of our deck with them.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Jun 24th, 2019 at 03:39 PM.
    Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks for your kind words, everyone He managed to stay in school for the entire day today, so a small victory.

I love hostas @Lynn49 , I have several in the yard and also in pots. I have a few miniature ones too, they are so adorable. Despite their diminutive size, they never fail to come back every year. They're hardier than you think. I'll take a couple of pictures if I remember tomorrow or so.
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Thread Information