User Tag List

Page 236 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 136 186 226 234 235 236 237 238 246 286 336 736 1236 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Enjoy the move, @danger_dan , don't stress out, these are the fun days! Take pics, make memories!
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Good morning!
    Dan, take it easy with the process, just visualize the end goal (and don't hurt your back!).
    @Lynn49 , @Natalka , Thanks Ladies.
    ...and I'm off.
    Have a wonderful rest of the day, week, and weekend Folks.
    See you back on Monday.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Lynn49 - when I got my last glasses a few years ago, the doc said I wasn't quite at the point where I would need progressives, but I was close enough that I could choose them if I wanted.
    I decided to go with regular lenses - and kind of regretted it after a year - because now it's glasses on, glasses off, to read things - like going from the computer screen to reading something in print.

Hope things go well for you.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, @Natalka, it's back to the drawing board for me.
    The glasses I have now are: progressives with prisms to correct my double vision, as well as reading glasses.
    Does not work.
    My lenses are very thick at the sides and shoving all that stuff into a pair of lenses just isn't feasible: obviously.
    I was afraid it was my eyes that were in trouble, but no..just my glasses.

Anyhoodles, what I"ve been doing is using these glasses to drive, watch tv, BUT whenever I wanted to read a score or watch a scroll on the news, I had to lift my glasses and look to the right about 4 feet, and read it there. My right eye is almsot perfect, so I apparently ignore my left one and do that. Same as watching tv in bed....it's fine, but when I hit the tv guide, I have to lift my glasses and do the same thing. Very annoying.
    And when I read, I have my cheaters to do that.

Upshot? New glasses ONLY for distance and prism correction, and cheaters or a 'script for reading and prism correction.
    CHA-CHING!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, so very complicated, Lynn!

Always wonder about getting Lasik - a friend of mine did it years ago, and loved it.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Oh, so very complicated, Lynn!

Always wonder about getting Lasik - a friend of mine did it years ago, and loved it.
    Nat, my Mom had both eyes done with Lasik and loved the results. Unfortunately the only surgery option for me is to cut the inside muscle of my left eye and pull it tighter to correct my double-vision. While I'm awake.
    It's an 80% chance it'll work, and a 30% chance it'll be worse. So guess what my choice is!!

.....and I wish the softsurroundings.com site would stop following me around: I want it ALL, every single top they sell!!!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Jul 18th, 2017 at 06:45 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  IMG_1713.JPG
Views: 161
Size:  134.8 KB
    22hicks, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  IMG_1712.JPG
Views: 140
Size:  193.6 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Need some help SC family .. how do I delete this photobucket at end of my posts .. It was my signature newfiwscreech ..first when I join sc someone was doing our signature and it been there ever since .. Thanking you in advance for your assistance 🍷🍷

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good morning!!!

Off this afternoon to visit my optometrist.....$800 pair of glasses last year and now I have to use a $12 pair of 'readers' to read anything!! Just a little frustrating.

It's a gorgeous day out there, heading to 28 and sun-shiny, but I do have to attend to that quilt, so aside from a little swing-time outside with Jenny, that's what I'll be working on until it's time to leave.

Have a super-lovely day, everyone!!

Gorgeous picture! Hope you get some satisfaction from the optometrist!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Evening folks! Well Sadie has been great until she wasn't tonight and nipped my friend on the thigh when she jumped up and then proceeded to be very aggressive all evening. Also, my sweet elderly neighbour brought me some flowers over and complained very vehemently about Sadie,'s barking. This is not good. I have only left her a couple of times and I know she barks for a while. I am going to have to set her up in her crate when I leave , which certainly is not often.

Worried about my brother as the blood test says it is not gout but he's still in pain and keeps falling and will NOT use his walker inside.
    He is getting a call from CCAC services tomorrow morning so I am going to be there as he just isn't realistic sometimes.He stayed at brother B' s house for 4 days and brother B is exhausted from trying to help him.

It's been a challenging day. But I do love my new home. Sadie met a series of very nice, dog supporters in the building today too.
    Well, going to slowly fade into sleepland, I hope. Goodnight folks!

Oh, ps - got a call from my lawyer in London today. It seems that because of certain wording in the realtor' s advertising and the offer to purchase, that because the fireplace does not have a working flue, (which I told the realtor about) that the buyer demands that I pay the $2000 to have it fixed. The realtor is in Portugal on holiday. So, in order to close tomorrow, I had to agree to a price reduction of $2000. Oh happy day!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Tue, Jul 18th, 2017 at 11:55 PM.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

avon, hope things get better for your brother.
    Glad you feel at home in your new home!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    Need some help SC family .. how do I delete this photobucket at end of my posts .. It was my signature newfiwscreech ..first when I join sc someone was doing our signature and it been there ever since .. Thanking you in advance for your assistance 
    Go to your profile page, click on Settings from the top menu.
    Then on the left side, under My Settings, click on Edit Signature.
    What you currently have as your pic will show in the box, you can just click on backspace to erase it.

To put in a new pic, you can copy and paste one from a site, or upload one from your computer.
    Just watch what size it is, there's a limit.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@avoncallingu , you poor kid, I'd demand that agent reimburse you for that 2k! You told her about it, she didn't reveal it to your buyer, so I'd dump it back on her lap as soon as she gets back from her holiday. If she refuses, take it to her manager, then beyond that if you need to!! That's absotutely unacceptable!!! How awful!
    As for sweet Sadie, she's been uprooted and doesn't care much for it at all, is my guess. You'll need to buy a muzzle for when you have to leave her alone, at least until she gets more settled down.
    Your brother...wow. You've been concerned about his instability for quite a while and now here it is, and he's still refusing his walker. If he has a bad fall....well, you sure know what I went through! I hope he stays safe....you're a care-giving days continue........
    You just can't seem to catch a break lately, can you? {{{{♡hugs♡}}}}

It's started off looking sunny this morning, so DH took his motorcycle, but returned in a few minutes....seems there's an ominous black sky approaching. Well, we had a few days of summer.

Take care everyone and have a great day.
    Newfiescreech, 22hicks and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I tune in to the CBC channel every morning among others, but HAVE to cut the volume for those two ridiculous Chip mortgage loan commercials! The producers seem to be saying, " Well. How do we appeal to the old folks who can get these loans? How about we drag in a couple of retired skaters they loved watching on the tv, and have them shill for us?! They'll trust THEM, surely!"
    So demeaning! As for the other old people who extoll the joys of selling off part of their homes....ugh! "SHOOK HANDS WITH CHIP" ?! The worst!
    Maybe some honest facts would be nice, like "a line of credit would be so much cheaper and you're not giving up part or potentially all of your home"!

Okay, I'm done. Have a nice day and pardon my rant.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Jul 19th, 2017 at 08:10 AM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Morning folks!
    Did you know bunnies like cemeteries and of course doggies like bunnies and after dark, doggies can smell bunnies while their unsuspecting owners can't see the bunnies? All of a sudden, Sadie makes a giant charge at something I can't see!!! I don't think I squealed too loudly - scaring the young woman at the bus stop who can't see me either! Sounds and scuffle from the middle of the very dark cemetery! It was kind of like a British farce!

Dan's moving day - my closing day.

Must get moving and see if we can find that bunny again. Have a great day!

Thread Information