User Tag List

Page 383 of 1952 FirstFirst ... 283 333 373 381 382 383 384 385 393 433 483 883 1383 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 29274
Like Tree118339Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    Hi Lynn ..did you listen to mummers song ?? Lol ..yes ..i taken few days off work try and relax but still busy with housework etc .. always something do around house ..you could say i have problem lol i cant stand see anything out place around house ..steady trying keep things in right place where it belongs ..im like maid steady cleaning ..all my friends make fun at me saying house so clean they could eat off floor..cant help it .. there’s no fixing me now to old train this dog new tricks haha ..ohhh you would enjoy mummering .. people try guessing our names but we only shake our heads say no lol were going out this weekend with our friends .always awesome time ..hope you and your family had wonderful Christmas ..take good care yourself sweetie
    I recognized you in the photo!!! The one with the mask on!!!
    22hicks likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    Hi lynn ..In Newfoundland.. we have old tradition after Christmas Day people dress up in old clothing..some people fool other people dress as men and some dress as women lumps on ya back and mits on ya feet ..dont let our neighbors know who we are .. we put old ladies slips or pillow cases over our head and cut two eye holes ..neighbours let you in have Dance and drink and then off to next house by time you drop by so many friends home ..your feeling no pain ..lots of fun ..google mummer song ..should see video by Simani
    @Newfiescreech Happy Holidays that sounds like so much fun you .
    22hicks, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone another cold day so indoors for me. @Lynn49 you and @Von callingu have fun when she visit. @walkonby hope you are feeling much better @22hicks hope you are also doing good and not too tired out from all the Christmas festivities.Have a great day everyone
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning! Another frigid day...

Newfie, just heard on the radio about the tradition of mummers - how the tradition disappeared from England 400 years ago, but was revived in Nfld when a British dude went there... sounds like so much fun!

I'm continuing to hibernate - though that's not even easy to do; it's been really rough for me to get around the house the past few days.
    Husband has to brave the elements again, though, as he has to go for a cat scan this aft.

Take it easy, everyone!

22hicks, Tweets77, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Heidy-Ho, Everyone!!

Busy days, what with Q-tipping the corners around here for Avon's and Tootie's visit next week!
    No plans for New Year's Eve, we used to have another couple over, but my friend passed away and her husband will be spending it with his daughters down south. Where it's really cold and snowy..haha!! We haven't had snow fall since before, way before Christmas, it's been really pleasant to be outside shopping prior to Christmas as well as now. It has been cold though, -24 today!!

Not much else going on, I hope everyone is well, keeping safe out there, @22hicks , that means no shovelling for you!!! Stay snuggled in with all your pooches and kitties and stay out of trouble.

Have a lovely evening!
    Good night, sweet dreams!
    22hicks and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Lynn49 You're giving the place the white glove treatment lol.

Anyway I got a bunch of stuff for new years eve. Little frozen appetizers, chips, ingredients to make a pillsbury pizza roll up thing. I also got a veggie tray yesterday but realized it says expires Dec 30th. Hope it can last until the 31st lol. Oh well everyone have a good night.
    22hicks, Tweets77 and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hahaha.. @cabmonk, well, with such special guests arriving, only 'white glove' preparations are called for. We even bought a new big rug for the living-room. It was too funny...when my DH was rolling up our old carpet to put outside, Jenny just sat herself down on the 1 foot left over and wouldn't budge! It's like she said, "No! Mine!"...fur-kids are too cute! When our DD and my DH finally got the new one in place, she of course rolled all over it, claiming it, also, for herself.

Sounds like you're prepared for New Year's Eve...your veggie tray will be fine a day after it's supposed to expire, no worries there. Do you have dips?
    @walkonby, I'm preparing this for you, Hon...
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Dec 28th, 2017 at 09:19 PM.
    Natalka, 22hicks and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Oh yeah it came with dip and the dip expires in May lol.
    22hicks and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Morning everyone.

Got a $10 Dollarama gift card in a Christmas card from momofkali so I went back to Dollarama. Got a bit more for New years eve including some decorations lol. Was a little package of new years eve photo props for $3.00. Not using them to take pictures but decorated my room with them.
    22hicks and GoodBoy like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good afternoon everyone I am getting tired of this extra cold weather where I can't go out for my daily walks. I am Even planning to stay home in New year's Eve. Hope everyone is having a good day so far. If you have to go out dress in layers. Have an awesome day all

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Enjoyed the day. Shoveled my snow and neighbours. Just a dusting. Some salt laid down. Then walked thirty minutes to buy champagne and wine. Then walked back. Time for a drink!

Sent from my iPhone
    22hicks likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

We had our Pageant at Church tonight. Lots of fun! It all came together in the end and, despite a couple of slip-ups from unusual cast members, it went very well.Lots of enthusiasm from all the kids and cast about "continuing the tradition" next year. I bought each cast member and crew a Christmas ball and wrote the name of the play and the year on it. The director had laid out many goodies and made each cast member a "star" candycane. Tomorrow is basically, a rest day and planning for my trip north. I bought the little Tootie" girl a few little shirts at the Goodwill today. 3 month baby shirts that close with buttons fit her nicely if I put them backwards on her. Now that all her fur has been clipped away (to get rid of knots and hippy stuff, she gets quite chilly even inside.

I also got her a little quilt for her carrier.

Now, I better think of dressing ME for our trip.

Layers, layers nd more layers with a heavy dose of fleece seems to be what will be needed in the "frigid" north. It has been hugely cold here but not to the extent that Lynn is reporting.

Started filling in dates in my new calendar. Haven't got to the birthdays yet.

Sure hope walks and Nat and Hicks are feeling better. Slow and steady wins the race, remember.
    I had a Pepsi this afternoon and chocolate after the play, so I may be ringing in the dawn. Weary but not tired-if you know what I mean.
    I am having a lot of pain in my feet and back tonight, also, which doesn't help.
    Well, I am going to try to doze off, good night, people!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Sat, Dec 30th, 2017 at 08:56 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone another cold day out guess I will sill be hibernating @walkonby hope you are feeling better. @22hicks hope today is a great day for you @Natalka hope you are feeling much better and not trying to over do it. Have a great day everyone
    Natalka, 22hicks and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

Hey, @avoncallingu, -21 here this morning! But for me, -12, -21, it's all the same dang thing: freezing! I don't bundle or layer....DH will warm the van before we get in, then he'll drop us off at the door wherever we want to go, and poof, we're inside a warm mall, restaurant...!! Easy winters for me! It's too cold to walk Jenny, so our 'girls' will just have to be satisfied with our back yard. I'm pretty sure Jenny will share her yard, hahaha. Can't wait to see Tootie in her baby jammies! 3 more sleeps!

@22hicks, you had posted about more tests, do you have a date, yet? I'm so happy for you being relieved of so much pain and pray you feel better every day. Take it easy, Hicks.

@Natalka, you too, Hon....keep focused on the big picture: spring. It'll take lots of time to get well, day by day...rest, don't push yourself. You'll get there!

@walkonby, I know you're taking good care of yourself, resting, taking in lots of fluids, so you'll be back to normal, cooking and baking to your little heart's content. Get well soon, Sweets!
    Only 91 days until EASTER!

Ok! Off to grab some breakfast before I continue to prepare for our VIP visitors.

Have a great day, everyone!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Dec 30th, 2017 at 09:05 AM.
    Natalka, 22hicks and walkonby like this.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning my friends.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Natalka, Tweets77 and Lynn49 like this.

Thread Information