User Tag List

Page 433 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 333 383 423 431 432 433 434 435 443 483 533 933 1433 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,495 of 29349
Like Tree118512Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Newfiescreech I vote that you stay home and bake! Good for the soul on what sounds like some nasty Newfoundland winter weather.
    I made a smallish borscht soup this morning. Had 3 average sized beets left in a bag under the sink ( I almost forgot they were there ) so I diced them up small along with onions, celery and some dry herbs and pressure cooked up a tray of stew beef separately.
    Then I added the finished simmering cooked ingredients and broth to the meat and voila!
    Also discovered a half a tub of sour cream in the fridge....so a dollop will go in each bowl when I serve it. Mmmm.

There are TWO Leaf games on this weekend!! Hoping it will be win #6 and #7 for them !
    Last edited by walkonby; Sat, Feb 17th, 2018 at 02:06 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    oh that nasty nasty wind today and dipping temps! I agree @Lynn49 the sun helps a little, but our pooches are still confined to short trips in the back yard for their business.

This morning I traipsed over to just ONE store ( No Frills ) to gather the food items we are out of . Pleasantly surprised at the many $1.00 items on sale ( cantaloupes, onions, broccoli, and celery ), Pm'd an 18 pk of eggs to FreshCo, grabbed 2 bags of naval oranges on the reduced rack for 50% off.
    Scored our felines' their favourite flavours of wet canned food for .50 each but the cashier would only allow me 24 cans.....to quote Arnold...." I'll Be Back! " hee hee.

I almost made it out of there buying no junk ( baked goods, chips etc ) but then I noticed these cases of carbonated water
    ( made by PC Blue Menu ).....DH loves his soda water every now and then but these have no sodium, sugar or calories. they come in delicate flavours too like blueberry/pomegranate, mandarin orange and lemon.
    In the throws of weaning all of us off a Gingerale run that started near Xmas, and this seems like a decent enough alternative.

Woo hoo to being able to redeem $40.00 in PC points to reduce that final OOP down to $22.00, however, I still don't know exactly which items earned me the 3,500 in new points though? The receipt doesn't list the foods I earned them on...strange they used to right??

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello!!

Just popping in for a quickie!
    @22hicks , grrreat to see you here once again!! I hope you're still feeling pretty darn good, and that you're improving daily!
    @cabmonk ...nice colour, nice chair! I hope it suits you perfectly!
    @avoncallingu , so nice to chat with you earlier today...as usual you're not skipping a beat and keeping really busy. Good for you...although, don't forget that resting is okay, too.
    @Newfiescreech , @flemeth , I hope you two find time to rest this weekend, and just enjoy time with your families!

DH is babysitting our GS this evening, as the kids are heading out for their Valentine's dinner. I can't go there yet, with all the construction dust, I'd have to wear a mask of some sort, maybe next week I'll venture over for a while just to see the destruction. There isn't a single wall, floor, or ceiling left from the basement through the main floor except for our GS's room. DD dropped in for a coffee this morning and showed me all the photos...yikes...the hardwood floors my DH put down throughout the house, the plaster walls, the gorgeous decorative plaster ceiling in the livingroom...all gone. But, time moves on, right?!

Enjoy your weekend, everyone! Stay safe!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good afternoon everyone . Hope your Saturday is going according to plan @Lynn49 my DD is home for reading week so will definitely spend lots of time with her and lots of catching up to do . She loves to cuddle up with me unlike my older DD who like her personal space. @walkonby I am also hoping the Leafs can pull off another 2 Wins finger and toes crossed. @22hicks glad to see you drop in.hope you are feeling much better. For everyone who have an extra day enjoy your long weekend. Have a great evening all

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @Newfiescreech I vote that you stay home and bake! Good for the soul on what sounds like some nasty Newfoundland winter weather.
    I made a smallish borscht soup this morning. Had 3 average sized beets left in a bag under the sink ( I almost forgot they were there ) so I diced them up small along with onions, celery and some dry herbs and pressure cooked up a tray of stew beef separately.
    Then I added the finished simmering cooked ingredients and broth to the meat and voila!
    Also discovered a half a tub of sour cream in the fridge....so a dollop will go in each bowl when I serve it. Mmmm.

There are TWO Leaf games on this weekend!! Hoping it will be win #6 and #7 for them !
    Hi walkonby.. i didn’t go anywhere today I decided things at work can wait ..if i dont get it all done .it sure will be there Monday morning..now i done some house work and then i sat back with legs up with Diet Pepsi and play catch up on things i pvr ..even forgot i had few Christmas movies there that i wanted to see ..so yepper i watch them to haha ..baking was held off for tomorrow.. ohhh you were busy as bee 🐝 making borscht huh ..you must love cooking walkonby ..your always cooking up storm .wondering is that reason we got bad weather here today due to you been cooking up storm again hahaha just kidding sweetie take good care yourself and gets some relaxing time for yourself and have sip of coke put feet up and enjoy evening.
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  F1267933-E93C-48BB-AC81-4500092B661F.gif
Views: 91
Size:  60.1 KB
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Wow, reading week already-to me the school year is flying by-probably not to you when your DDHAS been away. Nice to look forward to some cuddling, flemeth. Maybe the traffic will be less crazy along University Ave. this week.

We have ordered some Chinese food in honour of the Lunar New Year. Made a trip to Giant Tiger this afternoon. Found some drapery panels for my bedroom but they only had 2 and I need 4. Phoned the other one in Waterloo and they have put them aside so I can pick them up tomorrow. Our family is getting together for lunch tomorrow and then brotherB and his family are heading off to Whitby to meet up with my SIL's sister's family until Monday.

Like Lynn's Dd, my brotherB's family is ripping up their kitchen and first floor for renos. So they have set up a mini kitchen in their basement.

I am still organizing paper -work and found that the bank mailed me someone else's "correction" notice along with mine. Red faces somewhere when I take it back! Boy, staring at all those little numbers plays havoc with my head!

Well, on with the evening.

Chat with you later.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@walkonby needs this in her kitchen...........

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hahahahaha!!!! Have any of you seen those "According to Kids..." videos on CBC??

Here's one...there are a few more on this page:
    http://www.cbc.ca/cbckidsolympics/vi...o-kids-curling
    Dang it, I can't post it as a video for some reason...but you've GOT to watch it!!!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good evening all.

Well, it's really nice to be feeling well, or at least better, again. It's been a long haul.
    The last few days I've been doing a lot of odds & ends. The bank, Home Depot for a couple of bags of salt for the ice, Walmart for b/day cards for the next month, Pet Value for dog food, the vet for Jake's licence & hypo treats, Shoppers, No Frills, then Timmy's for a coffee with a friend. (and that was just yesterday) I've even started walking Jake again; made it around the block with virtually no problems.
    I'll tell you, I was exhausted, but it was nice to get so many little things done.

Today was laundry, did the dusting & the vacuuming, then baked a blueberry pie.
    Tomorrow after church, I'll wash the floors, and clean the third bathroom.

So as you can tell, I'm well on the way to recovery, and it feels SO GOOD not to be in constant pain.

I'm going to say good night now; sweet dreams.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Good evening all.

Well, it's really nice to be feeling well, or at least better, again. It's been a long haul.
    The last few days I've been doing a lot of odds & ends. The bank, Home Depot for a couple of bags of salt for the ice, Walmart for b/day cards for the next month, Pet Value for dog food, the vet for Jake's licence & hypo treats, Shoppers, No Frills, then Timmy's for a coffee with a friend. (and that was just yesterday) I've even started walking Jake again; made it around the block with virtually no problems.
    I'll tell you, I was exhausted, but it was nice to get so many little things done.

Today was laundry, did the dusting & the vacuuming, then baked a blueberry pie.
    Tomorrow after church, I'll wash the floors, and clean the third bathroom.

So as you can tell, I'm well on the way to recovery, and it feels SO GOOD not to be in constant pain.

I'm going to say good night now; sweet dreams.

Glad hear sweetie your feeling lot better ..please take extra care yourself and dont over do it ..housework will be there tomorrow and day after etc..relax some too ..dont want ya over doing it and get sick again sweetie..take my good advice..RELAX SOME !!! Sure wished i was close by ya ..i would come by do some housework ..help you out some sweetie so you could sit for while and not over due it .
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Glad to hear you're doing so much better, hicks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

That’s great news @22hicks that you are doing better and able to get things done yourself but take things easy don’t over do it.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hicks, that list of "little things " would take me a week, for sure-never mind a DAY! Boy, you're like a Porcshe-0 too 200 in 15 seconds! So glad you are up to doing "normal stuff!" But listen to your body when it WHISPERS at you -don't wait til it has to SHOUT to get your attention.

Speaking if whuch-my knees and feet are killing me as I have been busying around filing and moving things today.

Tomorrow it's up for choir at church. So I might hit the sack in the next little while. . Tootie hasn't done her "business" today although she's chomping down the food,
    She's filling out nicely and looking more like a dog than an invalid.

So g'night my friends. Enjoy your Sunday!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@Lynn49 Sorry I wasn't around today. Spent almost all day at cousin's for aunts birthday party. No one wants to go to the movie with me. They all think it sounds stupid lol, well pfft to them.

Yeah so far the chair is good for me. I find it comfortable and sturdy. Hope you have a good Sunday.

Here's a couple trailers for the movie.

Thread Information