User Tag List

Page 525 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 25 425 475 515 523 524 525 526 527 535 575 625 1025 1525 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,875 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Ohhhh..that's a tough one.
    Because, Honey, I don't think you're strange, I dang well know you're strange!!

Seriously, though? No crackly sugar on top?
    Well, we'll see how these turn out because our DD is a creme brulee "nazi"...she's sent them back in restaurants. I always thought mine were terrific, but it's been a few years since I made them and she wants to learn so that she can then tweek it to make it 'prefect the next time'. Pressure's on....hahaha!!

So sure! C'mon over! I won't torch yours!
    ...probably

Nope, no sugar. I always pawn mine off on one of the kids. Of course, they don't complain
    Newfiescreech and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Hi @Lynn49 you are making one of my favourite dessert I guess I should drop in for some.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Do you want to drive or shall I?

I need to come along! I've never had creme brulee! I keep seeing people make it on all these cooking shows, and it looks like something I would love very much!

Well, good day to you all - missed the morning on here, but I've read all your stuff!

I had an appointment at the sleep place this morning - so the monitor is a lot more complicated than I was hoping for - it's strapped around the chest, there's a heart monitor, then the recorder, plus a nasal cannula and a monitor for the finger. It will take a few weeks to get the results.

I actually did okay on my trip out, again thanks to my sweet strong husband.

So things are moving ahead with my late brother's estate - dealing with the house. The contents were all dealt with, and it was just awaiting a professional cleaning (it's in poor shape, but the house itself is very good - just needs a lot of work). So the five of us sibs had to decide whether or not to take an offer, and we may find out today. I was home yesterday when the first set of emails from everyone came through, but today's flurry of emails about it just happened to be when I was at my appointment this morning, so my next oldest sister (who is the administrator of the estate) called me before I read any of them.

She's really had a lot on her shoulders dealing with this all, and she had a good cry while we were talking. I feel so badly that I haven't been able to do any of the heavy lifting with all of this - dealing with the house is hard, it's like the getting things final...

Anyhow, I am quite wiped out by this morning's trip, so I'm going to grab something for lunch and hopefully have a nap.

Hope you all have a great afternoon!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
    Time to head out and get an oil change done on th e car before the weekend rush home.

See you all back on Monday.

...and of course:

Love Dan
    DANGER

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

awwww, sweet Mother's Day wishes for us thanks @danger_dan
    @Natalka with all that gadgetry hooked up to your body I can only imagine the difficulty involved in getting any restful sleep. Best of luck.

Was able to do a frugal $103.00 spend at NF this a.m. ( paid NO taxes, all food items ) and received the 10,000 PC points for it. Plus many items had their own personal offers, so that added to the total nicely. I'll be able redeem $30.00 ( again! ) on my next shop. I am pleasantly surprised at how fast the PC points accumulate.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Time to head out and get an oil change done on th e car before the weekend rush home.

...and of course:

Love Dan
    Name:  3A68F7D7-5797-4B8D-8711-63CD4E7F18BE.jpeg
Views: 143
Size:  21.3 KB
    Lynn49, danger_dan and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Good morning to everyone!! @Newfiescreech , @danger_dan , @GoJays , @dededi , @Lynn49 , @cath007 , @flemeth
    Did I miss anyone??

Gosh I feel a tad saddened at how poorly the Jays 3rd game went last night....what happ-ened to Happ??
    I guess everyone has a bad day every now and then.
    Adding to my disappointment was witnessing the poorest performance by the Preds ever! My hopes were raised for a brief moment when Suban got the Preds first goal making it 2-1....but then it fell apart after that.
    I have changed my screen saver here from the Burns/Thornton one to a photo of Ovechkin, Oshe and Backstrom in a celebratory embrace.

I know I am supposed to be rooting for Winnipeg ( Canadian team ) but I don't feel a connection with them.

That annoying warning thing is still popping up every time I leave a page and click on another one. ( that was why I was not on much yesterday. probably will be the same today )

A little chillier today, but perfect excuse for me to wear my new Spring jacket!! Ecru, with a hood and so soft to the touch.
    https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/alia-wo...CABEgKsE_D_BwE
    Good evening walkonby!! Hope all is well with you and your family...i like new spring jacket 🧥 its not summer yet..so
    we still got keep warm ..have wonderful weekend and Happy Mother’s Day walkonby !! Just in case im not around here ..
    heading out to my mom’s house early tomorrow morning two hours drive ...were doing mother and daughter day tomorrow ..going shopping etc.something we havent
    done much lately ..especially with everything im involve in and my work ..keeps me sooo busy ..so I decided this weekend is with my mom all weekend .
    so have wonderful mother’s day take good care yourself sweetie
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  B92742A2-245E-449B-B6AF-799A0103339C.jpeg
Views: 130
Size:  22.8 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Mother’s Day to ALL my wonderful friends here on SC ..hope and pray each and everyone you lovely ladies .. enjoy you day with family and friends on sunday ..take good care yourselves ..sending you all lots-love and 🤗 hugs ..i’m Heading out early in morning ..go see my mom and spend weekend with her ..something we haven’t done much lately, been so busy with work and volunteering with fire dept ..so I decided ..we need spend some quality time together ..do mother and daughter weekend ..that i know my mom will enjoy it so much..seems i’m all my mom have left..so take care ALL

Name:  92B89DAA-DF1D-49FF-B5D4-7AF431A9E322.gif
Views: 136
Size:  124.1 KB
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

A very good earlier morning to all my smart canucks friends!!! I just finished making my grocery shopping list for the week,will pm 4 stores,use a bunch of coupons and gain pc points at maxi.Today I just need to writhe a e-mail ,and relax.May take a nap this afternoon because I woke up very earlier Mothers day suck when you dont have your mother around you anymore Another beautiful day!!!! Enjoy it!!!!
    Lynn49, danger_dan and dededi like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning to all my SC friends . It’s Saturday . I have to take Thor to the vet today he is limping on one of this legs when he is getting up saw it a couple of days ago but Had to wait until my DH is home to take him. He doesn’t do well at the vet especially if the have to poke at him. I know it would be an expensive trip but it will worth it. Wanted to make sure he is okay since we are all going away for the long weekend.Hope you all had a great weekend
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    A very good earlier morning to all my smart canucks friends!!! I just finished making my grocery shopping list for the week,will pm 4 stores,use a bunch of coupons and gain pc points at maxi.Today I just need to writhe a e-mail ,and relax.May take a nap this afternoon because I woke up very earlier Mothers day suck when you dont have your mother around you anymore Another beautiful day!!!! Enjoy it!!!!
    Good morning @cath007 . I can imagine how had Sunday will be for you but you have to think of all the good times you had with your mom. I was very close to my mother in law she passed away 7 years ago now she was just like a mom to me since my mom is in New York and I had no family immediate family here in Canada. So on Sunday we still do a family dinner with all my Husband siblings and there family and we sit and talk about her we will have some happy tears and also sad tears. it used to be something she would do for us on Mother’s Day cooked and feed us all . So we still Carry on that tradition. May be you can do something you and your mom would have done. Lot of love and hugs your way. Have a great day
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Newfiescreech View Post
    Happy Mother’s Day to ALL my wonderful friends here on SC ..hope and pray each and everyone you lovely ladies .. enjoy you day with family and friends on sunday ..take good care yourselves ..sending you all lots-love and 珞 hugs ..i’m Heading out early in morning ..go see my mom and spend weekend with her ..something we haven’t done much lately, been so busy with work and volunteering with fire dept ..so I decided ..we need spend some quality time together ..do mother and daughter weekend ..that i know my mom will enjoy it so much..seems i’m all my mom have left..so take care ALL

Name:  92B89DAA-DF1D-49FF-B5D4-7AF431A9E322.gif
Views: 136
Size:  124.1 KB
    @Newfiescreech thanks for the mother’s day wishes. Have a great mother’s day yourself.Enjoy your week ending with your mom

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post

...and of course:

Love Dan
    Thank you @danger_dan for the mother’s wishes. Hope you have a great weekend

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hope all of you have a lovely weekend!

Milan will come over to continue doing some yard work, such a hon!

Happy Caturday!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!
    @GoJays , @flemeth , @Natalka , the creme brulees baked up so beautifully, even my DD was impressed; she was my sous chef. We'll sugar and torch them just before serving today...oh, the custard tasted was so rich and creamy! I used Martha Stewart's recipe after looking at so many others. I have no idea what recipe I used so many, many years ago, but this is a winner! I wish you were all here to enjoy them!!
    @Natalka , what a contraption you have to wear! Was it only for last night? How'd it go? I've slept with a heart monitor a few times, but goodness,nothing like that! Can your DH return it all or do you have to go back?
    @walkonby , I also meant to compliment your choice of spring jacket...it's really nice!! Sometimes WM can really surprise us with some of their items. Don't they have a new designer for a new line they've introduced? I remember something about it.
    Nice PC points shopping, and yes, it's amazing how quickly they pile up!
    @Newfiescreech , as you know, there's nothing Moms love more than spending time with their kids, Daughters in particular, I think, and giving your full attention to your Mom this weekend is a gift beyond measure for her and for you! Just cooking and baking with my DD yesterday was such a simple but precious gift for me.
    @cath007 , most of us here have lost our Mothers, so we feel your loss, too. Remember your happy times, because you know deep in your heart she wouldn't want you to be sad. I "chat" with my Mom from time to time because I know she's still with me, laughing at my cooking glitches, at my sewing boo-boos.......I miss her here, but I know she's still keeping watch over all of us. I bet your Mom is with you, too.
    @danger_dan , what a sweet Mother's Day wish for all of us...I hope you have a wonderful get-together at your Lady's Grandmother's home!

Well, off to start the day, it's sunny here, 12, heading to 19, so we'll have a lovely day all together!

For ALL THE MOTHERS here, have a wonderful weekend, and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Thread Information