User Tag List

Page 651 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 151 551 601 641 649 650 651 652 653 661 701 751 1151 1651 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,765 of 29356
Like Tree118519Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Slim pickins here this morning, must be that everyone is tied up.
    Good morning just the same. Dreary weather we have been having but our garden flowers love it.

So thanks to our Blue Jays loss and the Oakland A's blowing their game my sweet Jose Altuve and the Astros are now 2 time A/L West Champs.

Name:  José-Altuve-recibió-el-Premio-Luis-Aparicio-2017.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  58.2 KB

Cannot wait for their series to begin with the Indians!! That means we get to watch Bautista and Donaldson again in the post season ....which will be tough because I do love the Astros. Oh well may the best team win!!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Morning folks! My BrotherR's Birthday today. He's 10 years younger than I am. Trying to make his day as special as it can be.

Slept in and the cleaning helper lady comes in 1/2 an hour. I'm already behind and I haven't gotten UP yet!

I think I heard that the temperature is just going to decline over the day. Good thing I picked up my long pants from the alterations lady!

Take care to have a wonderful day!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  5351EF1D-08BD-475F-9C33-28E831E0A80E.jpeg
Views: 112
Size:  50.5 KB
    Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY LYNN !!
    Sure hope it was AWESOME celebrating your birthday 🎂 in NY ..take care sweetie
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Happy Belated Birthday @Lynn49 !
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Hoping you all find something wacky to do on your Wednesday!

Not much going on in my world, which is a very good thing.

The nurse came to redo my bandages yesterday. Since the owies are all healed, he will find out if I can get back into a compression stocking on my right leg.

Toodles for now!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Helloooooo everyone!!!

Thank you all for those wonderful birthday wishes!! 69, and I'm staying there!! @walkonby ...omgoodness, LOVED that NY birthday sentiment! I wish I could have found a t-shirt or better still, a sweatshirt that had "I really, REALLY Love New York"! hahaha!!! Our Grandson went bonkers for the NY ballcap and NYPD t-shirt we brought back for him!

Well, NYC......what a wonderful, busy, hectic 4 days there!! We managed to eat (and drink?) our way up and down the streets of the Feast of San Gennaro in Little Italy, hit the huge outlet mall in New Jersey...what an experience that was...From the Port Authority, which was within walking distance from our hotel, the 111Buses leave about every 5 minutes and thank goodness the lines weren't too bad and that I had my walker to sit in while waiting in the air-conditioned tunnel...huge buses, so no more than about a 10 minute wait each way. We saw The Book of Mormon and in spite of the language, even my DH said he's see it again!! It was absolutely hilarious!!! Loved the songs, and the dancing was amazing! We also hit the American Museum of Natural History (yawn)...hehehe...DH is one of those people who has to read just about every single item on display...again, thank heavens I had my walker to sit on while he walked about. The Museum of Modern Art last time was far more interesting, imho, we both enjoyed that experience. Then of course, the last day was spent (as well as the money) at Lord & Taylor and Macy's (still love Macy's more). We visited pubs for dinners, did many wee rest-stops for me and thank heavens for RobaxAC, I was able to walk most of every day, only to get back to the hotel and freshen up for dinners.
    Oh! And we stayed in Nikola Tesla's room at the hotel!!

Again, New Yorkers are the friendliest people!! We were in a subway station and were looking up at the signs when a gentleman in a suit, briefcase in hand, asked us if we needed help....we said we were heading to the San Genarro Feast, and he said he was taking that same subway, and the three of us got on the subway, he kept explaining where to head once we got off out stop, and then HE got off at our stop, saying he's fine, he'll take the next subway, and showed us which direction to go to get to the festival!! He managed to get back on that same subway, but really??! Amazing people!! Even getting to a door at the same time as 4 pretty big guys, I stopped, and they said, No..Ma'am...after you! I've never been called Ma'am so many times in 4 days...amof, I never get called that here!!

All in all....a wonderful pre-winter holiday!!

Today was an early dr's appt at 9am at which time I was told...no arthritis muscle pain, it's all fibro, and nothing really can be done for the fatigue. I can continue taking the RobaxAC which is really a help, up to 5 pills per day, and really...I only need to take them if I"m heading out somewhere, not just for around the house unless the pain is a bit too much. I just hope this doesn't progress.

Ok!! I hope I'm all caught up on your posts..I'm being called to an early dinner here....Natalka, happy your blisters have healed, Walkonby, good-ish (?) score on that turkey, Avon, say happy b'day to your brother...and everyone, I hope you are enjoying a beautiful fall (is it?) week!!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Sep 26th, 2018 at 05:09 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Lynn49 - So glad to hear you had such a wonderful time! And I agree completely about the kindness of the Americans. Everywhere we went this summer and last, they are nothing but courteous and gracious. So much nicer than Canadians, imo.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    @Lynn49 - So glad to hear you had such a wonderful time! And I agree completely about the kindness of the Americans. Everywhere we went this summer and last, they are nothing but courteous and gracious. So much nicer than Canadians, imo.
    Well call me uninformed!! I am pleasantly surprised by yours and Lynns testimonials as to the demeanor of Americans. Clearly I have been judging US citizens by attendees at the Trump rally's. This is actually encouraging. @Lynn49 your NY trip sounded so packed with activity!! That is what you have to do I think when you have just the 4 days. make each day and night count.

John Gibbons is no more...... wah!!!!!
    When I watched that pre game interview he had with Arash Madani a couple days ago I thought whoa! Is he leaving? Sure sounds like he is leaving. Well.....he was, is, will be after the season ends next week. Sniff, sniff.

Top of the 9th we are ahead by 2 runs!! C'mon Jays!! don't let the Astros sweep you. Hooray!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It's interesting that you've had the same experience with Americans as I have, @GoJays . I imagine it is a bit shocking, @walkonby , since Canadians are always thought of as "the good", but nope...quite the opposite. Particularly wrt staff we've dealt with....retail staff, wait staff, etc...I guess they're so courteous because if not, there's a ton of others ready to take their places!
    Rather discouraging as a Canadian, though.....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    It's interesting that you've had the same experience with Americans as I have, @GoJays. I imagine it is a bit shocking, @walkonby, since Canadians are always thought of as "the good", but nope...quite the opposite. Particularly wrt staff we've dealt with....retail staff, wait staff, etc...I guess they're so courteous because if not, there's a ton of others ready to take their places!
    Rather discouraging as a Canadian, though.....
    Yes! This!! This is where it's most evident to us, all of the customer service people that we've dealt with. They are all so nice!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Lynn49

Wowsers, your days were full! So wonderful that you had such a great time!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all.

welcome back @Lynn49 I am happy you had an awesome time in NY. And yes I agreed with you and @GoJays that Americans and especially Neworkers are the most helpful and nices people. I lived there for a very long time and I used to love the City to live in until I had kids and think of a more quiet place to bring them up.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Yes! This!! This is where it's most evident to us, all of the customer service people that we've dealt with. They are all so nice!
    @GoJays what's a customer service person?

Anyhow....rise and shine!!!! Try not to get smacked in the face with an octopus by a seal today!!

Thread Information