User Tag List

Page 915 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 415 815 865 905 913 914 915 916 917 925 965 1015 1415 1915 ... LastLast
Results 13,711 to 13,725 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Good morning @GoJays
    I watch a lot of hockey switching from the Pittsburg game to the Tampa game. @walkonby I guess you are doing the happy dance since the Pittsburg Penguins are out. I was sad to see the Tampa Bay lightening loss the series.
    l
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    @walkonby , you must have spent last evening celebrating Crosby's early start to golf season, hahaha! What on earth happened to the Lightning, though? Nice that the Jets kept themselves in the running!

You betcha ladies!! I was " happy happy joy joy " once I saw the final nail in the coffin for those Pesky Penguins!
    Them out playing golf was the first thing I thought of too @Lynn49

Now @flemeth I MUST remain positive for our Leafs tonight.....PLEASE hockey Gods, let the same Leaf team that played Games 1 and 3 be the team to show up for this one!! Enjoy the action whoever is tuning in soon!!

oh and HELLOOOOO @Patty Smyth
    Wow oh wow to your DD beautiful and strong singing voice!! Whatever you paid for those lessons was worth it, but I'll bet she possessed plenty of natural talent. Her confidence on stage is wonderful!!

Happy L-O-N-G weekend and Happy Easter @danger_dan
    Remember to hide all things chocolate from Cooper!
    @cabmonk that was a lousy thing to happen ( the move ) BUT very glad you secured another place to live so fast!
    No sense waiting until the last minute to look. Have a wonderful weekend!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Apr 18th, 2019 at 08:23 AM.
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Gosh, @cabmonk , you have to move? That must have come as a shock for everyone. Thank goodness you found a new home, I'm guessing everyone will be trying to find one. All the best with your move...you have good people there to help you, Hon. Your Aunt is so loving and cares for you so much. Good luch, Cabbie.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Oh for sure good thing I found something fast. I think there were over 15 people in the other place including international students. I hope everyone finds something. The place I found is more of an hotel. They had 1 room available and said they can’t hold them or take reservations. I could get the room May 1st but no guarantee it would still be available. I took probably 7 wagon fulls of stuff over to the new place. My aunt wanted to drive me but was sick with a cold. When she was feeling better she was like I’ll help you tomorrow and she was surprised I had pretty much moved all my stuff lol.

Hope everyone one has a good evening.
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wow, your lives continue to be so busy and full, how wonderful!

I am getting sprung from hospital Saturday, instead of Monday. It made no sense to stay the extra days, there would have been only one therapy session with an assistant, and we wouldn't have been able to use the rehab rooms anyway.
    So that was told to us at rounds today, my husband was here for that. Last evening, an aide I am close to me spilled the beans a little bit, saying she knew the head nurse recommended it. The therapy team meets Tuesday to discuss each patient' s progress and goals reached, then they have rounds, meetings with patients, Wednesday and Thursday.

I had physio earlier in the morning, where I did stairs, then practice walking with the cane - first along the barre, then with my hand on the assistant's. Since it was my first time with these two, one followed right behind me with a wheelchair. We were all pleased with how steady I was.

Yesterday, I got really emotional and basically cried from mid-afternoon on. Just the stress, pressure, wondering how things will be when I get home, etc. Not all negative, but just so much it's rather overwhelming.

Just think, I left home January 7th. Feels like eons ago.

Hope you all have a lovely evening!

Was treated to this beauty while having supper. After four it had gotten quite dark out, so when supper came at 4:30, I had the light on. Now it's sunny.

Name:  IMG_20190417_170653.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  369.2 KB

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Nat-That will be very exciting!

@Lynn49 - sorry, can't see your attachment -maybe Facebook? Or a yahoo?
    What was the name of it again?
    Natalka and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Nat-That will be very exciting!

@Lynn49 - sorry, can't see your attachment -maybe Facebook? Or a yahoo?
    What was the name of it again?
    Lol.....it's a 2019 Subaru Prestige with EyeSight. It's a cinnamon brown pearl (metalflake to me), loaded with anything you could think of in a car or SUV. Keyless, heated steering wheel and seats back and front, dual heat/AC control, SiriusXM, sunroof that fully opens to the air, lane drift warnings, lane change/back-up warning, GPS, driving lights that turn high to low as it "sees" oncoming cars and which turn around turns as were making them, power tailgate, seat memories depending on who's driving...and so much more, Canada and US 24 hr roadside assistance... yah, we thought it was time to spoil ourselves. It may be our last vehicle., so we got what we wanted. I did shed a tear getting out of our Terrain, though...

@Natalka , oh gosh, I bet it's scary for you to think of being at home alone without the wonderful support you've had, plus the motivation of having them standing there telling you it's time to exercise. I admit I didn't start off at home with a bang wrt my exercises, but in a short while I realized it really was a case of use it or lose it! I expect that you'll have physio visits so they can monitor your progress, which is motivation itself!
    Any news about another home? Avon and Cabbie moved, things happen in 3s!

Well, early appt 9am to get hooked up to my holter monitor for a whole entire week! I've had one before and I'm not impressed. Blah.

Good night, sweetest dreams, everyone!
    Natalka, cabmonk and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Lynn49 - no wonder you are excited for your new vehicle. I have never driven a new-ish one, I am afraid I would be baffled by it all.

Nothing on a new place. The hospital social worker talked to the manager of the place last week, who may agree to meet with us once I am out of hospital.

As for my situation, I would have the fear in me now I know how little it takes of not moving to ''lose it".
    The head of physio came at day's end to say goodbye to me, as did other staff who are extending their long weekends.
    She will be in touch with a community Physiotherapist to see me, in hopefully three weeks.

Once I get home and see how I am, I will be able to assess what else I would need in terms of home care.

Nurse just came by with meds early, so I took the painkillers and will hold off on the others for a bit. I badly need a decent sleep after two nights of not.

G'nite!
    Lynn49, cabmonk, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I can't find any reference to a Subaru "Prestige" except for the name of the Subaru dealer in Sudbury. Sorry.

Having a hard time figuring out what to do next - everything is a choice. Going to say, good night.

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow, @Lynn49 as you start your Holter test.
    Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn there is no vehicle with that name.

Is it an Outback?

https://www.lithia.com/new/Subaru/20...e8d2833a9c.htm

An Ascent?
    Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Natalka - congratulations! It's so exciting that you finally get to go home. I bet your kitty will be all over you when you get there. And what a lovely send off Mother Nature decided to give you, not just a rainbow but a double one (remember that YT video from a few years back? *snicker?*)
    @Lynn49 - I'm with Avon, the only Prestige I come up with is a dealership in North Carolina Either way, congratulations on the new car! DH's car has the same bells and whistles. While I appreciate the sensors, I don't like the seemingly constant beeping coming from the dash warning me of impending doom. Yes, I can see that car that is more than 100 feet away from me, yes I am able to avoid the oncoming truck, yes I saw the pedestrian while I was backing up - that's why I stopped, dumbass
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49 and cabmonk like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

A quick good morning, off shortly to get hooked up to that holter monitor.

@avoncallingu , sorry my mistake...its a Subaru Outback Premiere!
    https://m.subaru.ca/WebPage.aspx?Web...4aAjTpEALw_wcB
    Hope that site works...just scroll down to the very last vehicle on the list, the 3.6 Premiere and click on that. It's our brown colour, too, tan leather inside.!
    It rained on her last night. Gr.

Have a lovely day, my Friend!

@Natalka , bittersweet leaving the hospital, isn't it? I got home and was so thankful my Hubby was home 24/7 to care for me when I was bedridden for months. I encourage you to get home-care when you're home alone to help with your showers, to just be there when you do your physio exercises. I think you have to make those arrangements before you're released, and before the weekend. Have a pain free day, Nat.

Ok, time to gulp my coffee down and head out shortly...enjoy your day, everyone!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Apr 18th, 2019 at 08:21 AM.

Thread Information