User Tag List

Page 1103 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 103 603 1003 1053 1093 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1113 1153 1203 1603 ... LastLast
Results 16,531 to 16,545 of 29342
Like Tree118506Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

@Lynn49 - My e-mail isn't working properly. My BrotherR has moved into an assisted living retirement home called Conestoga Lodge. He has been there for 16 days of respite and this week will move into a permanent double room. He will get his permanent wheelchair on Wednesday. We have to rehome his cat.
    Then BrotherB and I have to clear out his apartment.
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    @Lynn49- My e-mail isn't working properly. My BrotherR has moved into an assisted living retirement home called Conestoga Lodge. He has been there for 16 days of respite and this week will move into a permanent double room. He will get his permanent wheelchair on Wednesday. We have to rehome his cat.
    Then BrotherB and I have to clear out his apartment.
    Oiy, yoy, oiy!!! Well, @avoncallingu , your Brother is in a safe environment and just taking a peek at it, seems to have a heck of a lot going for it! It's certainly highly rated! I hope this brings you peace of mind wrt his care, Avon.
    All the best...did he receive the card I sent him?
    Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Yes, he did, @Lynn49 . Thank-you for your kind thoughts and words! I haven't seen him except for about 1/2 an hour after church yesterday when I dropped off new jeans for him. Since I have had this cough and cold, I have stayed away from the Lodge.
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Yes, he did, @Lynn49. Thank-you for your kind thoughts and words! I haven't seen him except for about 1/2 an hour after church yesterday when I dropped off new jeans for him. Since I have had this cough and cold, I have stayed away from the Lodge.
    Oh, good..just wondered...I don't trust CP to deliver anything in good time anymore.
    Good idea to stay away from the Lodge with that cough and cold; I'm just hoping this doesn't turn into bronchitis. I did have my pneumonia shot, but still....this really needs to stop, I've had it for far too long.
    Speaking of which, it's time we booked our flu shots at the Health Unit.

Rest well, take care, Avon!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tue tue tue Tuesday!!!
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all.
    I am so tired even though I was in be before 10 pm. Guess I need to slow down a little in the day . I just keep running around every where. Today I still have my full routine to do and I want to get some stuff I bought for donation to the Food Bank before tomorrow.
    Hoping everyone is doing good and feeling better who is under the weather
    Have a great Tuesday all

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    All expiration dates from June 3 to August 3... meat doesn't last that long in our house
    yeah, same here @GoJays
    I buy many meats ( ground and otherwise ) regularly from 3 or more stores, whoever has the lowest marked down trays usually.
    I either cook it up the minute I get back home or unwrap, repackage and freeze in smaller batches for later use.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post

....some people buy lots at a time esp if on sale and freeze it, so who knows if some of it's still around.
    Oh, heck...here's the whole list!! Scary stuff, peeps!http://www.inspection.gc.ca/what-s-n.../1325713796031
    ....yup @Lynn49 that is us! " some people ".
    That list is very concerning though!

No one here ( thank heavens! ) has had any reactions or symptoms to any of the meat we have already consumed, but honestly I'd have to toss away all the remaining frozen meat if I want to be sure that I did not buy any of the tainted stuff??
    Who remembers where I bought what now that all the labels are gone?
    Decisions, decisions??
    Can't let myself wander down that " what if " scenario...I'll deal with it another day.

Ahem.....Swerving deliberately into shameful shiny object distraction mode.

I watched this Geico ad this morning ( most adds we don't see as most shows are recorded and I ff through them ) BUT....lol...this one gave me my morning giggle.

And then it made me a little melancholy about Halloween. I miss the days when the 3 kids embraced it and I challenged myself to sew more elaborate costumes for them year after year. Sigh.....
    I no longer shell out here, not enough children venturing down our street to justify it.
    A few too many years when I did hand out awesome grab bags resulted in way too many leftover treats.....and we all know I hate wasting food! ( are Halloween treats food? )

So I hunker down in the basement, darken the front, block the path well, place a sign there to deter anyone thinking about ignoring the obvious. Then before I know it 9 p.m. has arrived and most of the night is over.

Gosh it is Tuesday already! Feels like our weekend just zipped on by! DH and DS did get more done of the vinyl siding out back...weather impacted what they could accomplish though, who needs to be teetering high up on a ladder in high winds??
    They hope to finish it all up before Thanksgiving...looks so pretty!
    DD was NOT amused however, all that hammering right out her bedroom window forced her to head for the basement! tee hee.

Hope everyone is having a great day today!!
    Last edited by walkonby; Tue, Oct 8th, 2019 at 09:38 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning gang.
    Working from home with a late start to the day.

Slept on the couch with Copper last night.
    Poor guys been having some very water BMs. Was up and out at least three times during the night.
    So we both slept in this morning!

Hope everyone is enjoying the cool crisp fall air out there!
    Have a wonderful day.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, I love the Geico ad!

Good morning!

Such a nice evening as our son came over after work. Haven't been seeing much of him since most of his off-work hours are being spent getting one of his vehicles ready for winter.

Sunday night, we made a big roast chicken dinner - husband ate, but at the time I could barely have a few bites. Yesterday for supper, I could eat some - but gosh it did not taste as it should have. Husband and son said it tasted yummy as usual.

For me, it's a bad combo that happened once before, not only not being able to eat, but when I do eat it doesn't taste right.

I am really tired of this all...

Nurse will come today to change leg bandages - it hurt a lot overnight and into this morning.

Hope you all have a great day!

Storks on stooks in Ukraine

Name:  facebook_1560968336931.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  96.2 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Tue, Oct 8th, 2019 at 10:56 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Morning gang.
    Working from home with a late start to the day.

Slept on the couch with Copper last night.
    Poor guys been having some very water BMs. Was up and out at least three times during the night.
    So we both slept in this morning!

Hope everyone is enjoying the cool crisp fall air out there!
    Have a wonderful day.
    @danger_dan , Jenny went through that often at camp...no idea why, she's perfectly fine now, so don't worry too much. I just think of it as "puppy flu". If Cooper can tolerate bananas, they help tighten things up, as does plain rice, even plain canned pumpkin. Of course if it persists for a few days or he refuses food, a vet visit would be necessary.

Good morning, everyone!

@walkonby , you make me laugh! Thank you....."shiny object distraction mode", lolol! Love it!

I hear you wrt buying large quantities when on sale...DH flash freezes chix breasts, chops then freezes them in a larger freezer bag so we can take out what we need. At the moment we're not well stocked up since we were mainly at camp, so I'm not concerned, but I can imagine if you have a great deal in storage these recalls can be a concern. Hopefully the offending foods were immediately removed before they were sold to the public.

Not much going on today, I sewed the shoe bag that an assistant at our DD's firm requested for her birthday. I used the black and ivory "French script" heavy fabric, narrow guipure lace, lined it...I hope she likes it..it's so sophisticated yet feminine looking. All i have to do tomorrow is make her my key lime tarts.

So...a free day to purge the winter clothes I didnt wear but have stored in a closet for several seasons so likely won't wear this winter even though I tend to lie to myself and say that I will. Out they go.

Enjoy your day, everyone!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Natalka , how frustrating it must be not to enjoy food, but you need the nutrition, so I hope you're forcing down enough protein to heal your body, it needs weapons to help you get better. Does the food taste bad or just not like it tasted before? I hope your blister is better today.

We had the same +2 temp this morning....some fun, huh?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Time to have the grandfather clock cleaned!

Thread Information