User Tag List

Page 1444 of 1959 FirstFirst ... 444 944 1344 1394 1434 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1454 1494 1544 1944 ... LastLast
Results 21,646 to 21,660 of 29375
Like Tree118555Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day everyone! And what a cold one it is out there! Nevertheless, I bundled up and forced myself to walk. I know from my own experience and other's that indeed if you don't keep moving you will seize up or worse!
    All these posts of candy and baking and Panettone are making me hungry! While at the same time I do enjoy cat posts along with the others!
    I would indeed make mention of who posted what but I have enough trouble just posting something period for fear of it disappearing and also because I need to keep straight who posted what.
    Along with the cold outside my head is throbbing and the light from this doesn't help so I must go!
    Shout out to @Natalka for dealing with her health issues and still posting with us! We' re here for you, just like we are for others.
    Blessings my friends!
    Silk, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We've been told that only 4 people are allowed to meet for Christmas Day, but 10 people are allowed to gather for a funeral.

Therefore, we will be holding a funeral for our pet Turkey named "Butterball," who will pass away on December 25th, 2020.

Refreshments provided. In lieu of flowers, please bring a side dish!
    Skippy, Silk, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

It's frigid here also -14C, -24 with windchill. Scrapped my plans to go to sdm to do the bonus redemption.

Had a death in my family earlier this week - an uncle in the US. We grew apart years ago but I feel for his wife/my aunt, who has her own health problems, and my cousin, their only child. I asked my cousin about making a donation to a charity in lieu of sending flowers and he suggested a cat shelter because my uncle so loved his cats.

I mention all this only because I fessed up yesterday that I'm not a cat person and so I find this funny and ironic But a donation to the cat shelter it is.

I'll end by saying this: I'm not a lottery person...
    Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    We've been told that only 4 people are allowed to meet for Christmas Day, but 10 people are allowed to gather for a funeral.

Therefore, we will be holding a funeral for our pet Turkey named "Butterball," who will pass away on December 25th, 2020.

Refreshments provided. In lieu of flowers, please bring a side dish!
    That is one I will recycle!! Funny @Lynn49
    Btw, the Panettone with chocolate, the stuff in it is SMOOTH!! No biting into hard chips whatsoever...well I don't recall that.

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    It's frigid here also -14C, -24 with windchill. Scrapped my plans to go to sdm to do the bonus redemption.

Had a death in my family earlier this week - an uncle in the US. We grew apart years ago but I feel for his wife/my aunt, who has her own health problems, and my cousin, their only child. I asked my cousin about making a donation to a charity in lieu of sending flowers and he suggested a cat shelter because my uncle so loved his cats.

I mention all this only because I fessed up yesterday that I'm not a cat person and so I find this funny and ironic But a donation to the cat shelter it is.

I'll end by saying this: I'm not a lottery person...
    Oh @ Silk I want to pass along my condolences to you and your Uncle's family on his passing. 2020 has been good for very little, funerals are at the top of the list when it comes to cruelty. That is very kind of you to honour your uncle with a donation to a cat shelter.
    Just think some wee furball may find a forever home because of you!
    Silk, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Thanks @walkonby for your condolences. I have to admit though that when I read "furball" it made me want to cough...

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Oh @ Silk I want to pass along my condolences to you and your Uncle's family on his passing. 2020 has been good for very little, funerals are at the top of the list when it comes to cruelty. That is very kind of you to honour your uncle with a donation to a cat shelter.Just think some wee furball may find a forever home because of you!
    And I agree with Walks, @Lynn49 - I love this. Thanks for posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    We've been told that only 4 people are allowed to meet for Christmas Day, but 10 people are allowed to gather for a funeral.Therefore, we will be holding a funeral for our pet Turkey named "Butterball," who will pass away on December 25th, 2020.Refreshments provided. In lieu of flowers, please bring a side dish!
    Am I being too irreverent...?!
    Last edited by Silk; Wed, Dec 16th, 2020 at 11:18 PM.
    Lynn49 likes this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Silk Omg, I am laughing at myself right now!! I meant to write furbaby NOT furball! ha ha ...I feel like choking now too!
    Silk and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays
    Skippy, Silk, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning peeps
    Skippy, Silk, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    @GoJays, this one's for you (and everyone else who feels this way.)...I can picture you saying it...
    "what the actual f***!?"

Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

@walkonby - Too funny! But goes to show you how little I know about cats and kittens - I really thought you meant furball! lol

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @Silk Omg, I am laughing at myself right now!! I meant to write furbaby NOT furball! ha ha ...I feel like choking now too!
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

@Silk , what sad news you received about your uncle. Anytime we lose someone is so difficult to come to terms with, but as @walkonby said, these days it's compounded by what we're all experiencing in the world. As to Walks' use of the word "furball", I've used that term for kittens and like you, didn't bat an eyelash at the word...they really are little furballs!
    Bless your heart for helping those wee souls.

@walkonby uh-uh. Chocolate, hard or soft in Pannetones is just so wrong for me. It's just chocolate bread! Lol! Nope, I'm not fond enough of chocolate to indulge. I'm leaving them all to you and @GoJays ! Nice of me, huh? 😇

Not a particularly good start to my day, I'm having a Keurig in my new coffee cup because I couldn't lift a full pot of water to the coffeemaker. Hubby just got up and he'll have to do that rather than me preparing it for us it's going to be "one of those days". But! All the more reason to watch my pvr'd Christmas movies. I just know, however, my Hubby will spoil it for me by predicting that "they'll get together" at the end. He can be so mean.

Toodles, all! Enjoy your day!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Dec 17th, 2020 at 09:46 AM.
    Skippy, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Notice!!! ( only a warning for anyone wanting to venture out into the cold this morning to redeem AM at Metro )

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/441823...a/#post7104446

Skippy, Silk and danger_dan like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Morning all

@Lynn49 Thanks for your kind words. So true what you and @walkonby said. This pandemic just adds salt to all wounds...

Btw, I am happy to know another person who prefers their Pannetone plain. I thought I was a weirdo for liking them plain But they're so hard to find in these parts. Oh, and re: the ones with fruit - actually I think they're either little cubes of dried tropical fruit or just pieces of jelly-like candy. Haven't had one in years so don't remember.
    danger_dan likes this.
    Have a great life!

Thread Information