User Tag List

Page 444 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 344 394 434 442 443 444 445 446 454 494 544 944 1444 ... LastLast
Results 6,646 to 6,660 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Walks, how are those 2 doggies doing?
    Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Good luck @ the dentist this morning @avoncallingu.
    14, nice. We're only suppose to get to 7, but I'll take it.
    I hope it improves for you @Natalka .
    Yes @walkonby , how are your pups this morning?
    Yooo hooo!!
    Guess who met me at the front door yesterday!!??
    O.K.Let me set the scene.
    I was out on Sunday trying to replace DH's coffee mug which I had broken, BINGO! I found an even larger and better one
    ( both dishwasher and Microwave safe ) at Dollaramma, so I stroll the aisles and see an adorable doggy toy, ( with squeaker ) that I can spoil Rufus with ( Murphy gives 2 " you-know-what's " about chew toys so I never bother getting him any )
    I head back home.

I open the front door and Rufus " rushes " me and proceeds to search frantically into the 3 bags I had brought in.
    It was as if he KNEW I had bought him a new toy!
    Oh the delight when he spotted the plush fabric and tried to grab it out of the bag before I could even get it off the cardboard it was attached to!

Now, he half limped back to his blanket with it BUT his tail was wagging and with those eyes he was daring me to play toss and chase with him....sadly I could not...vets orders.

Anyhow, today BOTH dogs met me at the front door when I got back from dropping DD to work! Murphy can easily jump up and down off his favourite couch, but Rufus is still choosing to crash on the blanket on the floor. Still have to keep his cone on him though, after speaking to the vet this morning on the phone, I can only remove it for his meals.
    The NSAID med they are on now seems to really knock them out for the morning, but if it means their pain is lessened then I will continue to give it to them.

Gosh that sunshine is sure a welcomed sight today!! The backyard got a thorough " de-pooping " on Sunday! All levels of the deck are clean for the pooches once again. Many thanks to our DS for doing that dirty job!! I even pressed my luck and had him change the light bulb in the kitchen that blew this morning....I went to grab the small ladder and he reached up and changed it before I could get the darn thing! Show off!!
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@walkonby sounds like things are improving.

Hope you have a good rest of the day.

22hicks, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Gosh that sunshine is sure a welcomed sight today!! The backyard got a thorough " de-pooping " on Sunday! All levels of the deck are clean for the pooches once again. Many thanks to our DS for doing that dirty job!! I even pressed my luck and had him change the light bulb in the kitchen that blew this morning....I went to grab the small ladder and he reached up and changed it before I could get the darn thing! Show off!!
    And that, dear child-free single people, is why we have children. To get them to do the dirty jobs around the house We feed them, clothe them, put them through school. The least they can do is clean up some dog poop once in awhile Mine does laundry, garbage, dishes. We don't have a dog but if we did, that would be his job too. Now if only I could convince the girl that she must earn her keep then life would be good. Maybe if I gave DS an allowance but not her then that would light a fire under her ass... lol

Glad to hear the doggies are feeling better, @walkonby

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Walkonby, great news!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@walkonby I am happy to know that your fur babies (Rufus and Murphy) are doing much better . Yes I love today’s weather. Got a lot of things done out side too.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great news about your doggies @walkonby !!

Name:  stock-vector-cartoon-dog-with-a-cast-and-crutches-looking-at-a-high-jump-1979021.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  30.8 KB
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Checking in....and WOOHOO, @walkonby !!! It's such good news that they're being helped by that medication; I hope it continues! Loved the story of Rufus rummaging through those bags...Jenny does the same thing when I bring home groceries, hoping for something edible, but boy, when I bring a bag home from a pet store, she goes wild!! hahaha!! Doncha just love 'em to pieces, though?!
    Natalka, 22hicks, walkonby and 1 others like this.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

That's wonderful news @walkonby ; I'm so happy for you (all). What a relief.

If dogs could only understand, they'd thank all of you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

And for all you wonderful people; since I now know for sure I'm going to get better, I'd like to thank you all again.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

And for all you wonderful people; since I now know for sure I'm going to get better, I'd like to thank you all again.

Now THAT is great news, @22hicks !!!!!! A double-good-news-day today!!!
    What you went through, my Friend, I just can't imagine!!
    But you're sliding into home plate!! haha!!! Oh, such wonderful news, Hicks!!!!!!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Hi friends! I'm alive and (partially) well

I will try to keep my hiatus to a minimum, I promise.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@22hicks that’s great news I am very happy for you. Keep working at get to 100% your old self. Have a good night

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@22hicks that’s great news I am very happy for you. Keep working at getting back 100% to your old self. Have a good night

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello, Candini! Welcome back.
    Walks- as Jimmy Durante used to say, "Da Nose knows!" when it comes to potential treats and toys!

My neighbour's moving van is arriving at 7:29 in the morning( my number after 9 seems to have given up the ghost.- I hope it isn't a prediction of what is to come - (a scene from "The World According to Garp" comes to mind.)
    He was still carrying in EMPTY boxes from the liquor store tonight. His kids are " in charge" as he says, but I am really thinking that they want him MOVED tomorrow. Poor guy-he must be in his nineties and he keeps saying that he doesn't want to leave.

One friend is in Austria skiing-another is in Arizona-another is in Texas - another is in Florida - hope they are enjoying themselves! I went to Cambridge today..... does that count as a "tri ? - (oh Dear, now the letter after "O" is gone!)
    I took my brotherR and Tootie down to spend some time

With her future room-mate, Max. Although Tootie is hardly "social" if any of Max rubs off on her, she'll be winning "Miss Congeniality" when I get back from Alaska.

There was another dog there that my friend is currently dog-sitting and all in all they had a very sniffing, good time. That's 2 positive visits. Yay!

Well, it was pay-day for us oldies today. Zip in -zip out to cover bills this month. Oh, that reminds me - time to call good old Social Security again.Well, going to wish you all well and bid you good night.

Take care, my friends!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Tue, Feb 27th, 2018 at 12:21 AM.

Thread Information