User Tag List

Page 344 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 244 294 334 342 343 344 345 346 354 394 444 844 1344 ... LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1.
    Well, I've been walking Jake without too much trouble, so today I'm going to try driving. I have a few quick stops to make, bank, pharmacy, etc., so we'll see how that goes.
    I don't have much pain, but I'm still really uncomfortable. Lots of discomfort, but I need to get moving again, as do my body parts. lol

You must be absolutely exhausted @avoncallingu .
    I'd suggest you rest up today, but it looks like that won't happen.

Thanks for saving me a piece of that fruit cake @Lynn49 & @flemeth .

Have a great day my friends.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! Another rainy day in QC for change lol....And the température will goes below 0 these upcoming week nights.....Perfect time to take a nap..Wishing everyone an awesome warm monday!!!
    Newfiescreech, 22hicks and Lynn49 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@22hicks I am glad to hear you are not in too much pain and you are able to walk Jake. Well as for the driving be careful because they are crazy and aggressive drivers out there.Its good you are able to move around but take things easy . have a great day

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!!

Dull day here, too, dental cleaning this afternoon, so that cake will have to wait until tomorrow. The fruit can continue to wallow in booze.

DD and her DH landed last night at 10pm from a "scheduled" 1pm flight which turned around in mid-air over our airport and returned to TO because of fog. Our DD said they circled a few times, then got word they were turning back...I suggested to her that since she's jumped out of a perfectly good airplane by herself before, why not then? She texted back that she sure thought about it! haha!...They were told they'd be on an 8pm flight and she asked the pilot how certain he was that it would actually take off, and he said absolutely, since "the fog was already disappearing AS they were flying back to TO"!...anyway, they were on the island airport (which I had forgotten about when I suggested they just book a room at the Gateway), so they just went for lunch, then shopped until they returned to the airport for their flight. THEN they spent an hour on the tarmac because of a "mechanical problem"...at which point I texted: Get off! Get off!! ...she said no, they wanted to get home. Then she texted that if I didn't hear from her it meant they were taxying and flying off, which happened, and the next text I received was, "We're here! We landed!"....once again, a Mom's prayers were answered. Why Mothers go grey!! So that was an exciting evening. DH had taken our GS home for his shower and sleep but was prepared to spend the night in case they didn't get home until morning. I hope today isn't as exciting. My heart can't take much more!!

So it's Monday... @walkonby , this is for you: ONLY 7 WEEKS until CHRISTMAS!!!! heh, heh, heh....

On the run, so have a lovely day, everyone... @22hicks ...Honey, I know you want to do stuff, honestly I know because I've been there, but please be sure your body is up to such challenges right now. Be careful...please??

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    87 (97%)

Good morning. We had snow here overnight on Halloween. Now it s warming up outside and the snow on the roads is melting.

Now the cars and buses can get around the city again

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Welllll...you know, @avoncallingu ..that we celebrate Christmas here, and well...there's always room for YOU!!
    How wonderful for Sadie!! Sounds like a rough and tumble, loving home!! I wish you weren't so sad, though....

Okay! Off to the dentist!!
    Newfiescreech, 22hicks and cath007 like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Good morning!!!

Dull day here, too, dental cleaning this afternoon, so that cake will have to wait until tomorrow. The fruit can continue to wallow in booze.

DD and her DH landed last night at 10pm from a "scheduled" 1pm flight which turned around in mid-air over our airport and returned to TO because of fog. Our DD said they circled a few times, then got word they were turning back...I suggested to her that since she's jumped out of a perfectly good airplane by herself before, why not then? She texted back that she sure thought about it! haha!...They were told they'd be on an 8pm flight and she asked the pilot how certain he was that it would actually take off, and he said absolutely, since "the fog was already disappearing AS they were flying back to TO"!...anyway, they were on the island airport (which I had forgotten about when I suggested they just book a room at the Gateway), so they just went for lunch, then shopped until they returned to the airport for their flight. THEN they spent an hour on the tarmac because of a "mechanical problem"...at which point I texted: Get off! Get off!! ...she said no, they wanted to get home. Then she texted that if I didn't hear from her it meant they were taxying and flying off, which happened, and the next text I received was, "We're here! We landed!"....once again, a Mom's prayers were answered. Why Mothers go grey!! So that was an exciting evening. DH had taken our GS home for his shower and sleep but was prepared to spend the night in case they didn't get home until morning. I hope today isn't as exciting. My heart can't take much more!!
    Glad it all worked out but ...

having flown over 1.5 million miles in my life believe me that was not a crisis

Sent from my iPhone
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Mon, Nov 6th, 2017 at 12:46 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning!!!

So it's Monday... @walkonby, this is for you: ONLY 7 WEEKS until CHRISTMAS!!!! heh, heh, heh....

On the run, so have a lovely day, everyone... @22hicks...Honey, I know you want to do stuff, honestly I know because I've been there, but please be sure your body is up to such challenges right now. Be careful...please??

@Lynn49 I am glad your DD got home safely .I know what you mean about us mom get grey early A both my DDs would that I suffer from anxiety once the leave the house for a day or so or even a couple hrs that why they never give a time the will be back. Hope your dentist appointment goes smoothly. Have a greatest of the day

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@GoodBoy , this Mom gets nervous at the drop of a hat and although I was disappointed, I wasn't concerned that they were turned back, but that "mechanical problem" thing? Now that drove me batty! There's an expression that rings so true: "With sons you worry, with daughters you pray". Boy, does a Mom learn to pray hard with daughters! @flemeth knowd exactly what I mean, . How old are your daughters, Flemeth? Ours is 40! I still worry!

Just a dental cleaning today, so no worries, my friend takes very good care of me.

How's everyone's day going?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Whew! Christmas cake is in the oven and DH cleaned up my "how much of a mess can one person make?" mess. Well it had a ton of ingredients after-all!!
    Now I'm resting here with that nubbly hard physio ball behind my back directly on my ouchy spot. Can't live without that thing now!!

How's everyone doing??

Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Nov 6th, 2017 at 04:51 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@GoodBoy, this Mom gets nervous at the drop of a hat and although I was disappointed, I wasn't concerned that they were turned back, but that "mechanical problem" thing? Now that drove me batty! There's an expression that rings so true: "With sons you worry, with daughters you pray". Boy, does a Mom learn to pray hard with daughters! @flemeth knowd exactly what I mean, . How old are your daughters, Flemeth? Ours is 40! I still worry!

Just a dental cleaning today, so no worries, my friend takes very good care of me.

How's everyone's day going?

@Lynn49 my DDs are 27 and 18 yrs old still babies according to me .I know a mom can never stop worrying about their kids be it boy or girl. Glad your appointment was just routine.
    Last edited by flemeth; Mon, Nov 6th, 2017 at 10:04 PM.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good evening every1.

Welcome aboard @Tierra Lemieux . I hope all your snow's gone.

Happy to hear Sadie got her forever home @avoncallingu . I bet you're shedding a few tears, but at least you know she'll be happy.

And @Lynn49 , your cake's done; your DD's home safe & sound.
    I think you just need to sit back with that ball, and have a drink or two, or three, esp. after your nerve-racking evening.

Me, well I had a great day, @ least the best so far. I did odds & ends all day, and feel pretty good. I think I'll sleep tonight though.

I hope al of you do too.
    Good night.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Ugh. They're advertising those tacky lawn inflatables.......is it just me who finds them icky?
    I love some of them....hate others. Some are too hmm I'm not sure what word to use...tv show themed and will be out sooner rather than later.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    My sweet Sadie has been adopted by a family with another Schnauzer and two teenagers. I'm happy for her, but, I'm crying.
    Aww I'm sorry she had to go to another family.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Good evening every1.

Welcome aboard @Tierra Lemieux. I hope all your snow's gone.

Happy to hear Sadie got her forever home @avoncallingu. I bet you're shedding a few tears, but at least you know she'll be happy.

And @Lynn49, your cake's done; your DD's home safe & sound.
    I think you just need to sit back with that ball, and have a drink or two, or three, esp. after your nerve-racking evening.

Me, well I had a great day, @ least the best so far. I did odds & ends all day, and feel pretty good. I think I'll sleep tonight though.

I hope al of you do too.
    Good night.
    Oh, @22hicks, I'm so relieved that you didn't push yourself too far; isn't it great to feel normal and do normal things we take for granted! I still notice that I'm fiunally walking normally, a good pace instead of measuring every step making sure I'm balanced properly. I hope I never take something as simple as walking for granted again. Good luck with your continuing recovery, Hicks!! Sweet dreams for sure! And, hahaha, I actually did make myself a scotch just now...my cake is out of the oven, looks beautuful, it's wrapped in rum-soaked cheesecloth and foil. I'll feed it more rum each week until it's perfect-er!
    @flemeth , yep, still babies at 18 and 27....and 40...hahaha....they'll always be our babies!

This thing's acting up, so I'll just say Good Night! everyone! Sweet dreams!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Nov 6th, 2017 at 10:03 PM.

Thread Information