User Tag List

Page 1489 of 1956 FirstFirst ... 489 989 1389 1439 1479 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1499 1539 1589 ... LastLast
Results 22,321 to 22,335 of 29327
Like Tree118471Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    ha ha !!! Good morning @GoJays
    I just had to go on snopes.com to see if that was true ( this was after I chuckled at your meme of course ) .
    Whew!! thank goodness Quokkas are innocent of " tossing " their young at predators.
    Still....they won't win any Parent of The Year awards for leaving any babies who fell out of their pouches as they took off.

Do Quokkas really throw their babies at predators?

Firstly, it should be noted that no, quokkas don'tthrow their babies at predators. That is a joke, but it is somewhat based on reality. Quokkas keep their young in their pouches, and while fleeing from predators, babies are known to fall out and are then left there by their parents.

Monday again...BOO! But...... it's MARCH!!! Hooray.
    No outside plans at all today, but Blue Jays play ( just 7 innings ) against the Pirates at 1 p.m. ( Sportsnet ) and then Leafs tonight at 10 p.m. against the Oilers. ( we beat them 4 - 0 two days ago, so they'll be out to even the score )

Mmmm, I am so tempted to make a loaf of this sweetened condensed milk bread, but we currently have too many carb things in the bread box atm.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4sHj52Qbm8
    I've printed off the recipe and keeping it at the ready for when the mood strikes me.
    Skippy, Tweets77, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Husband and I are dealing with totally different sleeping hours as of yesterday, so that makes for an odd day or two. He slept more of the day yesterday than usual, and was up most of the night - I always am the latter.
    So I had to be a jerk and wake him early this morn because I needed help....good thing he falls back to sleep right away.

Could only do one sit/stand this morning, and it left me crying once I sat back down. Can't handle the right knee pain enough to stand with even weight onbn both feet.
    My back/hip were horrid yesterday aft and into the night, sure hoping they get better today.

@SnowFlakey

So sorry your are in such pain, hoping you get relief soon. I refused anything stronger than x-stregth tylenol when I first got really bad with the same arthritis you have, complicated with psoriatic arthritis.
    Then docs and physios let me know that if I did not go to something stronger, there would be no chance of me improving enough. I have to take another med to counter side effects from it, but I am very glad I did it. Even though I am not doing well now, I had been under the same regime.

Has anyone suggested cortisone injections for you? Those I refused for many years, did have surgery on one knee - but the injections worked amazingly well for my knees. I am way overdue in getting them and my home care doc doesn't do them, drat! The last ones I got were by my rheumatologist, ones before that by my ortho doc. Some regular docs do them as well.

Prayers for healing for you, and anyone else in rough shape.
    Skippy, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  facebook_1614605446274_6772146081731316727.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  103.7 KB
    Tweets77, Lynn49 and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  sleeping_on_daddys_p.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  79.7 KB

Awww... Sleeping on daddy's paw!
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Mar 1st, 2021 at 09:37 AM.
    Tweets77, Lynn49 and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  found_this_gem_in_to.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  665.8 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Mar 1st, 2021 at 09:41 AM.
    Silk, Tweets77, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  found_this_gem_in_to.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  665.8 KB
    SnowFlakey and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

@walkonby , I'm so relieved to know they don't toss their babies at predators. Such innocent faces.

Well, DD asked me if I wanted anything at Michael's or if I just wanted to wander for a bit...yes!! I haven't left the house since prior to Christmas. We wandered Michael's, BedBath&Beyond, and our favorite, Urban Barn. There was a line-up at the Winners/HomeSense door!! We didn't go there. It was easy to move around the other stores since there were few people in there, but evidently not at Winners/HomeSense.
    We didnt particularly need anything, but she did find a honey-dipper at BedBath&Beyond for my Hubby and wee spoons for her tapenade and dips. Big spenders!! Lol!

What a change in our weather from just wearing sweaters yesterday...-9 today to -21 tomorrow! I'm not a fan of March's schizophrenic weather.

Hope today is finding you all in better health, less pain and good spirits.
    Stay safe.
    Skippy, Natalka, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning everyone.
    Skippy, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    DANGER

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post

lol! when my kids were young, there were times i wished i could have tossed mine!
    Lynn49, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Morning all! Managing much better today. Pain and muscle aches are gone and i had a good nights sleep. Every time there is a weather change i feel the aches and pains and today it is raining here. The doc says that isnt scientifically proven, but i know what my joints and muscles say.
    Last edited by SnowFlakey; Mon, Mar 1st, 2021 at 12:10 PM.
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

For some reason my Masterchef Canada didnt tape episode 4 last night....I've tried my dardest to find it on here but nothing....has anyone else tried finding episodes on here? #3 is there...perhaps it takes ctv longer to put it on their website? The Canadian Baking Show taped, but I need them both on Mondays! 🤗💕
    SnowFlakey and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good to see so many around the thread today.
    Sorry to hear of your ongoing difficulties @Natalka .Good to see you're able to pop in and hopefully take your mind off things for awhile.We're here for you and each other!
    What a change in weather!!! wind chill is now negative gazillion so I managed to last outside 10 min.tops.Nowhere near long enough but I value my warmth.
    Slow day in the homestead,not much done but don't care and don't feel guilty.Body not co-operating today but hey I'm able to get out of bed,
    I got a roof over my head and food for my tummy. I am blessed!
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hey there, friends! Blingingly cold and windy here! I hired the plumber again today who changed the filters on my reverse osmosis setup and somehow fixed the banging noise under the sink.

Nothing wakes you up faster than your doggie throwing up on your bed- on all the things you just washed yesterday -her bed, the comforter, herself....poor little muffie!

So, I re-did the laundry that I did yesterday and gave her some Gravol and pampered her.

My back is still sore. I hope to sleep well. I'm going to try to do some yoga in the morning.

Going to say goodnight.

Take care! Stay safe and sleep well.
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Thread Information