User Tag List

Page 1542 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 542 1042 1442 1492 1532 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1552 1592 1642 ... LastLast
Results 23,116 to 23,130 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Oh well, i forgot to wish hubby a Happy B-day this morning! Completely forgot about it. I only remembered when DD called as always in the morning and asked to speak to him. So after that, he made breakfast and we did the dishes. I wonder if its alzheimers setting in or just plain old age. He is 72 years young.
    @SnowFlakey , a few years ago we completely forgot about our anniversary until a week or two later, hahaha! 😅🤣 No alzheimer's, just a busy life!

Good morning, everyone!

A cool day, relaxing from yesterday, although we were home by around 2pm from brunch with the kids....I'm just so tired, this cough is also getting me down; my asthma hasn't yet drifted this far into spring.

Have a great day, everyone!!
    Natalka, SnowFlakey and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Monday!

My day was just lovely yesterday. I got to choose supper, so we ordered Chinese. We always want such a variety so it ends up being lots of food (plus the place's portion sizes are huge, containers overflowing literally - sometimes they put elastics around the foam ones so they stay closed). None of us mind leftovers, so it feeds us three for two big suppers and a few lunches.

Milan brought me chocolates, and an incredible card, which I will share with you - and you will realize why he is extraordinarily special!
    Hope you can enlarge it well enough to read it easily.

He is 29 and will be able to book his covid vaccine today, so that's great news. Our province us doing decently well and will start the second dose rounds soon, as well as very slowly and carefully lessening restrictions.

Have a great day, everyone!

Name:  IMG_20210510_003008.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  454.1 KB

Aw, it made me cry again to read it again!

Wanted to explain the cinnamon buns - Saskatoon has a river running through the middle of it, with a beautifully developed riverbank on one side. Across the street is the Ukrainian Museum of Canada, and every summer they would get a "peech" - a traditional outdoor clay oven, and for a few days they would bake fresh bread and cinnamon buns - no taste could ever match them!
    So we would go, get some hit cinnamon buns in a paper bag, go and sit along the riverbank and enjoy these treats! Gee, my mouth is watering just remembering how yummy they were!

As for the ending, that's just his wry sense of humour, which often cracks me up!
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, May 10th, 2021 at 04:45 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Those cards from our kids can sure tug at our heartstrings, can't they? That's a lovely treasure from Milan.

Our DD and SIL got their AZ shots today...wish it was something else, but I think that when this is all over with many places will be asking for vaccination "proof" to enter, to travel...so they have that.
    Natalka and SnowFlakey like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Natalka that is a card to treasure for sure! He is not at a loss for words when it comes to recalling all the ways he appreciates you as his Mom! We also enjoyed Chinese foods from a take out place, same idea, they stuff the containers so full it's easy to have the leftovers as full meals again.

Well I finished off the first Season of new Netflix series called Jupiter Legacy. Very good series. Then the 3 of us watched a new release film called Chaos Walking. Premise is on a certain planet ( way in the future ) ALL the men's thoughts can be heard out loud by everyone, the women were not affected.......to say anymore would give it away. 10/10 movie!
    Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, Natalka, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49 and SnowFlakey like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays
    Skippy and Lynn49 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays
    Lynn49 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Natalka I agreed with everyone Milan card was beautiful and sentimental . You are a great mom and him a wonderful son.
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

morning all
    Skippy, Lynn49 and crafter like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, both our DD and SIL are sick in bed with the "flu", headaches, both in bed today after their AZ shots!!😖 So stupid. Yes, likely worth it, now they have some level of protection, still......

I'm feeling better today, yesterday I might as well have stayed in bed eating gummy bears! I feel like I had a run-in with a Mack truck sometime at night every morning, but it didn't go away yesterday. I hope that wasn't announcing another lengthy flare-up of this fibro crap. I don't need it, I just got out of one!! End of rant.

We decided not to go to camp this weekend, it's far too chilly to sit outside even near a fire and with this lockdown we're not supposed to be on anyone elses property (our kids), so if I need to stay in, we might as well stay in at home. Hopefully the long weekend will bring nicer weather.

Ok! Carry on, everyone, and stay vigilant, stay safe.
    Skippy, Natalka, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day friends! Been busy with Mother's day and DW birthday the next day. Everything was virtual but thankful that we're able to see
    the family. It seems like another world seeing DS walking in Oz where life is pretty normal. Oh well hopefully our time will come sooner than later!
    Wonky cold,cloudy weather to be replaced by warmer,sunny skies which is definitely a plus mentally and physically.
    Whatever you find yourself up to today stay safe and well!
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays
    Lynn49 likes this.

Thread Information