User Tag List

Page 1766 of 1958 FirstFirst ... 766 1266 1666 1716 1756 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1776 1816 1866 ... LastLast
Results 26,476 to 26,490 of 29357
Like Tree118520Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, what a gorgeous, sunny, perfect summer morning!

When we came home the first thing I checked were tomato plants; they were so thirsty after the near drought we've been having. Not complaining, though! But I bet there'll be a fire ban on the island coming up..

We meet with our Jenny-sitter today, at her home. Omgosh, when I agreed to leave here over the Christmas holidays with the kids I forgot she'll be left behind for 12 days!
    With a stranger! But I found her on rover.com, lots of positive feedback, reviews, so I feel.....terrified! I still feel like I'm neglecting her. I hope this meeting between Jenny and her goes well. Jen's such a sweet, trusting, quiet muffin.

DD is also meeting with their cat-sitter later today; she'll drop in for an hour each day to clean their litter boxes and water and feed them.

So! That's all the fascinating news from here, lol!

Enjoy your day, everyone!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Jul 19th, 2022 at 09:28 AM.
    walkonby and cath007 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

wah!!!! Poor Jenny! I know it's a necessity to have her housed anywhere but in a kennel ( ugh! ) , but it can be fearful leaving her for that many days with essentially a stranger. As long as she cuddles, feeds treats to and rolls Jenny up burrito-style like you do, they should get along well.
    I wish you the best of luck at the meeting today!

Good day ( it's also very sunny here as well ) to all the others who have posted this morning. DH and I sat out back trying to warm our aching bones up in the sun. We sipped our coffees, squinted achingly across from each other, then we both bailed! That sun is hot!
    Plus the java pouring down our throats gave us the sweats.

So I go up and harvested the very first batch of his beautiful green beans! ( see bragging veggie photo! )

Name:  first green bean collection of 2022.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  71.1 KB

I will make them for dinner tonight, even though I have no idea what the main course will be.
    In other very depressing news......DH caught the dreaded covid!!
    He tested + late last night after I told him he looked " off ". he claimed he was just tired, hrmph! No, you are infected.
    So now DS and him must both stay off work for whatever time frame is required.
    DS and I tested - so far. We'll retest a few more times over the coming days.

Fun, fun, fun. You just never know what each day brings do we?
    Lynn49 and cath007 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

sorry your husband is positif to covid @walkonby: that sucks
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Jul 19th, 2022 at 05:01 PM.
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49, walkonby, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays thank you for all the morning giggles.

Stay cool and hydrated everyone not my kind of weather
    Skippy, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning ,have a nice day
    Skippy, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Some people are way out of the loop!
    Some guy on CBC news talking about food prices....well, we should shop at discount grocers....yah, buddy? And where are they located?! Oh! Toronto, Ottawa,, Vancouver.....those 'green grocers ' that are shopped by "farmers" who come to our farmers' markets and sell at inflated prices? Those?!
    Oh! And "grow your veggies"! Remarkable idea, esp for apartment dwellers without balconies, or with, who now must buy pots, soil, fertilizer, seeds! Out of touch, buddy-boy!

Good morning, everyone!!

Well, a lovely meeting with Jenny's sitter/boarder, non-kennel sitter! Jenny's allowed on her furniture, in bed with her at night...she asked questions that I felt only a person who genuinely enjoys the company of dogs would ask. She lives in a sweet little apartment in the 'basement' of her daughter's lovely home, met her Dd's two big silly dogs, everyone got along! I no longer feel like the worst dog-mom in the world, leaving her fur-baby through the Christmas holidays! Whew!

Other than that, chiro, relaxing.
    We got some big rain yesterday and overnight, which we desperately needed.

Enjoy the day, everyone!
    GoJays, walkonby and cath007 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good " nearly afternoon " gang!
    The heat huh? @flemeth we're also not fans of the sweltering temps. Especially DH as his grumpiness factor has risen with his positive covid test on Monday night. Poor bugger, he is coping, but ingesting more pain tablets than I've known him to take before, and sleeping longer.
    DS and I certainly DON'T want to catch this from him, but it's quite difficult for us to look at him and not see him as a big blob of virus atm.

I've discovered the stress of him being home now ( forced off of work ) has impacted the regimen of my 1200 a day reducing diet.
    Ya, I'm blaming him! he's too weak to fight me on this....lol. Lets just say I've strayed and leave it at that.
    My daily food journal entries have become more and more like confessionals than a detailed record of what I eat.

DH at least has pinpointed the likely exposure moment when he caught this. From a foreman at work!! An innocent lunch room chit chat while on break, probably not staying 6 feet apart and not wearing their masks ( well who wears a mask when they are munching a snack? ) .
    That is all it took.
    Two days after their lunch room rendezvous the workers were all informed that this foreman was away with covid. G-R-E-A-A-A-T.
    @Lynn49 Congrats on finding a substitute Momma to watch ( and cuddle and spoil ) Jenny while you are off gallivanting at Disney with your human family over Christmas. I am green with envy! DISNEY!! The happiest place on earth.
    What a great trip to look forward to.

With a few more minutes to spare before my 12 noon coach turns back into a pumpkin....I'll end this post by confessing to have started watching the series The Americans which ran for 6 Seasons from 2013 -2108 . I have always wanted to get into it, but better late than never! Some scenes have been pretty graphic, and I found that weird since it's on Disney? What a bad-a*s Keri Russell is!!
    Skippy, Lynn49, GoJays and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

afternoon gang
    Skippy, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@walkonby , we're heading to the Dominican...Punta Cana, Onyx Resort, not Disneyworld this time. In know you know how much I love DW from the number of times I've dragged my Hubby and family there, lol, but not this time. This will be strictly R&R. Santa on a sea-do again, lol!

How awful for your Hubby and how awful that guy who went to work with covid!!!!
    Poor guy but just slip his dinners under the door, okay? We don't want you getting sick. As to your diet, you'll find, with Noom, that unlike other diets you will NOT gain that weight back!
    It's magical!
    Skippy, walkonby and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good afternoon friends! Despite having an a/c unit I have been laying low. So hot out there nearly 100 with the humidity in the normal scale.
    The aptly named Baconator was more like the Terminator to me!
    I now realize why I don’t usually frequent that establishment. Except for the 99 cent Frosty which has shrunk in size.
    Sorry to hear about DH and Covid @walkonby.It’s always in the back of my mind that we’re not done yet!
    Got my booster last Friday as have enough problems without more.
    Thankful for promised brain, hopefully nothing worse than that.
    Leftovers tonight as no way I am going to heat up the place otherwise.
    Join me in keeping cool 😎 my friends!
    Last edited by Skippy; Wed, Jul 20th, 2022 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Nah,going to keep typo probably needed more!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sorry to hear about your hubby @walkonby , hopefully he's not affected by it much or at all. I gave up wearing masks ages ago and I only wear them when required to. I hated them from day one, they make me feel claustrophobic and I'm not claustrophobic... I don't think...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

walkonby, cath007 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thread Information