User Tag List

Page 33 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
Like Tree2946Likes

Thread: A new beginning in getting HEALTHY...2017, here we come!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Today was an awesome day all around! After dragging a bunch of stuff to the dump, I went to my workout, then had my weigh-in and lost an astounding FIVE more pounds! Best part it was ALL fat. I nearly screamed right there in the office.
    Then in the afternoon I attended my first Nutrition Seminar ( run at the Clinic ) and was laughing through the entire 2-3 hours, Dr. Poon is a bit of a comedian! But serious when he tells you NO! DON'T EAT THAT! ha ha
    I was able to select 5 more of my " gem stones " from Jar A and placed them into Jar B. Total lost to date ?? 69 lbs!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Today was an awesome day all around! After dragging a bunch of stuff to the dump, I went to my workout, then had my weigh-in and lost an astounding FIVE more pounds! Best part it was ALL fat. I nearly screamed right there in the office.
    Then in the afternoon I attended my first Nutrition Seminar ( run at the Clinic ) and was laughing through the entire 2-3 hours, Dr. Poon is a bit of a comedian! But serious when he tells you NO! DON'T EAT THAT! ha ha
    I was able to select 5 more of my " gem stones " from Jar A and placed them into Jar B. Total lost to date ?? 69 lbs!

AWESOME walkonby..you go girl ..you got this now sweetie congratulations ... i’m So proud of you ..can you hear me on the rock of Newfoundland cheering you on .way to go !! KEEP UP AWESOME JOB YOUR DOING !!! Take care
    cabmonk, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

awwww @Newfiescreech !! you is da best!!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am in the confessional booth today....lol.
    In the last 2 weeks I dropped a half a pound and it was water! ha ha
    This weigh-in did not produce anywhere near the euphoria I had on the last weigh-in.
    Clearly I had NO restraint and lost track of how many days I had cheated and then tried to clean up the damage sipping water.
    No matter.......I shall forge ahead!!
    Good luck to any and all who are continuing with their own personal health improvements!!

Happy Father's day to any Dad's out there.

Last edited by walkonby; Sun, Jun 16th, 2019 at 09:28 AM.
    cabmonk and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

The week is going well so far. Made my work lunches and snacks on Sunday (For Monday and today) So just had to pull my bag out of fridge on my way out the door.
    Made it to the gym both days. I am now snacking on veggies and hummus. I am going to try making my own hummus!! Its seems simple enough and cheap to make and they charge so much for little containers of it! But I will finish the container I have this week (it was free anyway since it rang in wrg and SCOP applied )

Dinner tonight will be a chicken wrap with lettuce/cucumbers/tomatoes on one of those protein wraps I bought on the weekend that my friend told me about. I will grill it in the cast iron pan. I will make an extra one for my lunch tomorrow. I had salad the past 2 days so I need to mix it up!

Last night I went for a walk before bed to get my steps in and it was so nice out and quiet. I use to walk in the early morning so I may do that tomorrow since I was awake early today and yesterday anyway!

Have a wonderful healthy day everyone!
    cabmonk, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

A new to me progress I drink a lot of water,not pepsi like before...with exercice I want to loose some weight!!!
    cabmonk, walkonby and list465 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I had a doctor appoitment today and
    1-I need to cut sugar,need to loose weight,do exercice 30 minutes of walking a day and drink only water the much possible....

It will be hard but I will try to do it ...One day at the time.I am weight 217 lbs and my heath weight is 130 lbs….
    walkonby likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I had a doctor appoitment today and
    1-I need to cut sugar,need to loose weight,do exercice 30 minutes of walking a day and drink only water the much possible....

It will be hard but I will try to do it ...One day at the time.I am weight 217 lbs and my heath weight is 130 lbs….

best of luck @cath007 with your efforts to drop some pounds. We are all in the same boat when it comes to discipline and food. Even the darn beverages, we really must pay attention to all those empty calories and as you mentioned....the sugar!

I've taken a short hiatus from getting my official weigh-in at the Clinic. It was supposed to be tomorrow but I moved it forward another week, no sense going there wasting everyone's time as I am well aware no more lbs have been lost.

I've kept off the 70 lbs that I lost since Halloween, but I still want to lose another 20.....it just that with summer and BBQ's, social stuff, gosh it has been quite the challenge to remain on the strict Phase 1 of the diet.

Part of it is I feel great, no more aching arthritic joints, or sore back ( thank goodness! ) I can move around and have lots of energy, so the incentive I had to rid my body of decline is waning a little.

I still go faithfully to my physio workouts 3 days a week as they improve my arm/leg and core strength.

Keep strong Cathy!!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

my weigh-in on Saturday was at the very least promising! I did not lose any more fat, but have stayed put right at that 70 lbs lost mark. Whew! If I can stay focused enough to eat only the foods allowed on Phase One of the plan over the next two weeks hopefully the scale will budge some for me.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Very uplifting weigh-in today! I was able to say goodbye to TWO (2) more pounds of FAT!! Total is 72 lbs. that are gone and just 18 left to drop!!

cabmonk, cath007 and list465 like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

those two long weekends we enjoyed here back to back ( a real one and the other DH and DS created for themselves ) saw me overindulge in the BBQ fare, some desserty things and wine. Gained a half a pound of fat over the last 2 weeks....EEK!

Time to dust off the rules of the Poon Phase One handout again.
    list465 and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

A few people at work have mentioned it looks like I have lost a few pounds since my surgery. I think it is because I am eating a lot of small meals again.

Lately I am obsessed with Salad and Bowls
    walkonby and GoodBoy like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

well...it hit me.
    Grief I mean...... and not to use that as any excuse ( but I am ) .
    Fell into a dark eating cycle for 4 straight days, but the good-ish news is I climbed out yesterday and was able to cleanse for the entire day with just clear green tea.

Today I'll try to get back onto my I.F. routine, that is the plan at least.
    Those 2 meals each day will have to consist of lean protein, plenty of ( counts as free ) leafy greens and more green tea.
    Goodbye carbs, sugar, salty yumminess ( for now )
    Scheduled my next accountability weigh-in appt. for Sept 7th hoping to make some good progress between now and then.
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Aug 28th, 2019 at 07:18 AM.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oops! I hadn't posted my latest weigh-in losses!! ( that's because there were none! bwahahaha. )
    Laugh or you'll cry right?
    So I am starting up again, after gaining 5 full pounds back from the last check in at the Clinic on Aug 11th.
    As most of you " experienced " losers have discovered weight comes off very slowly but returns very quickly!
    Today was good-ish.
    I still am trying to get back to sipping simple beverages of plain water and clear green tea, but somehow I keep brewing various Tassimo discs up or pulling open a can of Coke Zero.
    Challenges are endless!
    I continue to cheer on anyone who has been at this lifestyle change of eating to improve ones health. It is almost one year for me ( Oct. 27th 2018 I began ) and for the most part I am a success story......for the most part.
    Ciel, cath007 and list465 like this.

Page 33 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread Information