User Tag List

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree921Likes

Thread: June 2017 Frugal Chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    yeah my hubby's shirt (nice button down with a pocket )came in from the bay (hagger) reg 50.00 I paid 22.09 after ebates -love online shopping
    -came down with a summer cold last night -I guess cause I am so busy watching Ashlyn 3 days a week and here for my daughter when Sebastian wakes up early some days also 4.30 a.m then I cant get back to sleep -lets hope I knock this out of me soon as we go away next week for a small holiday
    My honey is not feeling well either. It started while he was at work yesterday. Head still pounding this morning but is starting to feel better now. I am staying away! I don't want to get sick

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Went shopping last night after work. Before I picked Mom up I went to Costco and RCSS

Costco I got:
    2 x Probiotic Reg 19.99 on sale for $4 off so $15.99/bottle (I take one a day so stocked up for 4 months, plus what I still have on hand)
    2 x Peanut Butter Reg $5.49 on sale $2.00 off so $3.49/tub (we use this a lot in baking so great deal for us)

RCSS I was on a veggie mission:
    2 x Asparagus (bunches) @ 1.98/lb
    3 x Peppers @ $1.99/lb
    5 x Zucchini @ 0.79/lb
    1 x Naturally Imperfect Creamini Mushrooms for $3.49
    1 x Pineapple for $1.99

We then had dinner with bro and went to Frescho on the way home and got:
    5 x Astro Yogurt @ $1.99
    2 x Pork Loin @ $1.50/lb
    2 x Ricotta @ $1.50
    4 x Lemon @ $0.50 (normally I wait for bags to go on sale but Mom is still sick and drinking Honey with Lemon)
    6 x Chick Broth @ $1.50
    2 x Vegetable Broth @ $1.50

All and all some good deals and our fridge is no bursting at the seams which I will admit I like to see.

I have to work this weekend, I will be working from home as I am working on a mass Download and Upload which has to be done when we are closed as it uses 97% of our server resources so it cannot be done well we are open. It is Mom's weekend off so I think she is going to do some cooking for the freezer well I work.

I will also be working from home tomorrow as the first part of the process I can do well we are open but it takes 6+ hours and I cannot lose my connection well running this so it is easier to work from home and can run the program into the night if need be.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, all!
    Well, it was an extremely frugal week, and that's going to have to continue out of need...
    At least we are discovering what's halfway down in the freezer, lol!

Hope you all have a Fantastic Friday!

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Good morning! Today will be a busy one, having a BBQ tomorrow for family so shopping for that today, and tidying up the house and yard. my daughter has prom tonight! So excited for her. @Natalka we made some pretty good meals clearing out our freezer, You forget how much is really in here!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday I bought a little fresh produce and a tin of beans at Longo's then stopped at the garden centre. 99 cent pansies-yes, I'll have one.Staffer informs me they are bogo free. Got one pink and one purple plant each. Mom potted them right before yesterday's rain. No lettuce plants are left but three kinds of veggies and I believe parsley remain and tons of potted flowers.
    Have not yet gone to Lowes or PC Garden Centre to see what's left of herbs or veggies. I'd like Boston lettuce but that was my oversight not to buy plants last month.

Looked over the Rexall flyer and think it'd be worthwhile to get greeting cards (and get into the AM points contest), 10% off stamps (need some) and the flavoured tuna plus buy the Savvy Home dish detergent (I am stocked up on Palmolive but the flyer mentions the Rexall item is made in Canada, so a trial is warranted).

Loblaws banner stores-if you are still holding onto those June 31 expiry ptseggstravanza coupons to save on Eggo waffles or other Kelloggs items, you have a week left to use them. Time to weed out coupons and give them a last go at June grocery deals.

Intend to use the PC Plus get 4000 pts wus $20 on fresh produce. Then do a redemption for personal care items.

I am impressed with SCers doing freezer/pantry surprise meal planning when other $ matters means you make meals out of what is on hand in order to have the money for other needs. I still have 1 and half packages of pasta left from my early May purchase. Not sure I'd buy 10 pkg again but they did help me last month. Am resorting to spices/dried herbs to flavour cooked pastas as my flavoured teas are used up. Earl Grey tea flavoured pasta is not something I want to eat. I will make bean dip later in the day and slice some of the remaining canteloupe for snacking. May need to prep cucumbers and Boston lettuce and carrots so they are ready for salads when required--I only wash some of the produce when I get home. Usually feel great about doing prep work when I have some other meal ready otherwise I'm eating as I chop and that's not good.

Wish I could have put out washed bedding this morning. Do hope rain stops soon to give festivals starting today a chance to get a good size crowd tonight. FrancoFest Hamilton starts tonight. Most music is on tomorrow at Gage Park.

Attended the Ontario Energy Board/Hydro One public meeting about the HO rate application last night. Well our comments will go to the executives. Do attend these meetings if one comes to your area for your electricity utility. Many perspectives are given and the meetings are recorded (film/written/photos).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend,

I haven't caught up, well wishes to everyone, busy bunch as always.

Not much new on my end, ds1 and I when out for groceries this am and then I let him drive the last 15 minutes, just about had a heart attack (with my OCD) did tell him to slow down a few time (lol) because of my nerves and he took 1 corner a little to sharp for my liking, oh well I survive (haha).

I got 2 hams today at Independent grocers Cooks @.99lbs can't go wrong, it's an extremely great quality ham if anyone has not had it before, not salty at all.

I need to do some returns to WM for shorts that I purchased for ds2 that do not fit and have tons of medical receipts I need to photocopy for reimbursements.

Take care all
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

J & C: I feel your pain on the teen driver, our oldest has been driving for about 7 months. its better now but in the beginning, omg.
    so the kitchen is moving along at a snails space but I have a functional dishwasher and so I will survive.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

When I heard about Mom having to ride in a car in the capital on her last day of vacation and the young adult driver was copying the fast driving and tailgating of other drivers, I asked Mom if she shredded her footwear on the rubber mats. She said she placed her feet against the car footwell and firmly kept them there (she used to run her feet back and forth on mats when I was driving and she would not stop that racket even if I was driving at the speed limit-sound angered me and sometimes I pulled over on a shoulder to get the point across). Aunt was sitting on the back seat and kept reaching for the overhead handle and releasing it (must have some dropdown mechanism) and her relative took note of the noise to ask why she was doing that-Aunt said you're driving too closely (driver almost ran into a car ahead of their car). The driver will be my age in 20 years-she'll better get the idea when she freaks out about other drivers while she's on the road.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

went grocery shopping yesterday spent 97.00 at freshco saved 38.61 on sale items ,5.43 price matching but darn it all forgot my coupon bag well it just was so easy to go as freshco is 5 minutes in the car from my son,s and my hubby watched Ashlyn for an hour for me -my grocery bill seems to be rising lately -but then again I am picking up a few items like wipes etc for Sebastian when my daughter comes home for a few days ,she is coming home today for a visit -yeah just wish I didn't have this cold I don't want to give it to the baby

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Waiting for Noon to roll around so I can start working. What I need to do this weekend uses almost all of our server resources so I have to wait until we close to start. I did the first process yesterday, the mass download and due to changes this part is now takes quite a bit longer, used to take 4 to 4 1/2 hours last night it took me 7 to 7 1/2 hours. The good part about this is it can be done during business hours. Now the next step used to take me about 9 hours but pretty sure it will be longer now due to changes and the increase sizes of the files I have to upload. Oh well only time will tell.

I think for dinner tonight we will do Chicken (need to find or make a nice marinade) with rice and mixed grilled veggies. In the fridge we have Asparagus, Peppers and Mushrooms. I might also make a cucumber salad as I think we have some cucumbers that need to be used up.

Well think I will do some crochet well I wait for noon to roll around and I can start working. Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went out to a few stores this morning. Back home now and made breakfast for both kids. Now to clean kitchen and start laundry. Should dry quick since it is sunny and windy out. Fridge is stuffed so thinking a chicken with veggies pasta for dinner.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley -I admire your knowing when to fit in some crochet while waiting to start another task! Will say that Longos in Ancaster has sold out of its Freestone Peach Ghost Pepper sauce but it still has the Ontario sour cherry lime rosemary sauce for sale (I had a sample and bought a jar to use with bread, not BBQ's meats)-so if you have a Longos in your area, you might want to look for either marinade in the aisle with the bbq sauces.

I found reduced bananas at Longos and got pop, the special edition Spectator with Canada 150 supplement (most customers did not realized that the supplement was part of regular paper so they left the supplements behind, and a few other items. Will go back to the area to preview Value Village clothing and check paint prices at Lowes. Today I decided my bedroom paint colour ought to match my hat's vaguely French Vanilla crown colour so I'll get some paint cards to tape on the walls and see which ones look best during the day. Seems Lowes only sells Tremclad spray paint for radiators and hot surfaces-I don't want white. Will have to see if other hardware stores carry the tin of radiator paint and inquire if it's tintable or not. White as a wall colour has long ago been shark bait to me. I like some tint on my walls. Had 23 years of CIL Avonlea green (soothing shade) on the walls but now it's time to consider an update in case visitors come over next year. And I was looking at semi flush ceiling lights for the living room on the website. Most options are online only-darn, I need to see the actual fixtures. At least some customers have reviewed a few of the choices so I know some lights are better for small rooms, not large areas. No idea what I'd like the bedroom light to be updated to as yet.

Of course, no funds yet exist for project bedroom (nor new bedding but I will check Home Outfitters next Tuesday in case a bed in a bag deal can be had). Good idea to have some ideas of what I do like for the room, so when money exists, I simply go and buy those items and collect some Air Miles points in the process.

Mom said she was going to buy a mattress today. I said no, you should research the ones you like, pick your top three choices then bring the other members along with you. Without research, you will waste money and your bed is only 40+ year old...do the research and test all the units of interest (take your pillow). In fact, I will bring her pillow along when we visit the bed dept at the mall so she can do her 5-10min test and see what she likes or does not like. There's a Hamilton manufacturer with two showrooms-not sure if Mom would want to visit the Mountain location to see the options for custom mattress orders. The mattress discussion has gone on for over a year-please find a mattress already.

Had my spare takeout bag (Wendy's, your bags are perfect for can collecting or trash collecting-just the right size) and picked up multiple drink cups, a busted strap from a truck and some tie strapping (bane of shoulders along roads). Will take another bag on my next walk to collect some more stuff off the ground. Found a penny in store!

Plan to make cookie batter tonight but am not certain if I'll bake it all tonight or only some of the batter and keep the rest in the fridge. Need butter but have everything else (as I already started to eat the chocolate chips...).
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Jun 24th, 2017 at 05:27 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Well, I'm exhausted. We spent our day organizing and running a fundraiser. I've been the organizer for the last few years, so I stayed in my position. I made sure that other volunteers did most of the physical work. Our profit was pretty good. Now to figure out supper.... Dh will take care of that, I need a nap.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Jun 24th, 2017 at 06:55 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I got started on my work a little late as when I logged on to start working I saw 2 branches were still logged in and not closed off so I waited for them to close. It took me about 6 hours but the upload is done.

Managed to get some work done on my current crochet project. I am making a couch throw which I think I will sell once it is completed as the colours do not match our living room.

I also took some time to play around with the company camera which I will be using for an upcoming project. I have never used this camera before so I wanted to see what the different settings did and the different features of the camera. Hopefully in a week or so I will be at the point where I can start taking photos for out catalogue and website.

I have decided next weekend I am doing nothing. I am sure there will be things to be done around the house and I know there will be work to get done but I am taking next weekend off. For at least the last month if not more I have worked every weekend trying to get projects completed on tight deadlines as well as working on stuff around the house so next weekend I am doing nothing unless I want to do it.

Going to see if I can get a few more rows done on my blanket before bed. Have a wonderful evening everyone,

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I accomplished very little today as Logan had a tournament but it gave me the opportunity to stop to visit our former neighbour. I was so touched when she introduced me to one of her attendants and said I was like a daughter to her.
    I was busy listing stuff on FB last week and managed to sell a few items.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information