User Tag List

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree2792Likes

Thread: April 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (is it spring yet)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all. crazy weather here. I am hoping we get spring soon. I need to play in my garden.
    we just finished getting the eves done on the house. it looks amazing!!! I am so happy with it.
    my oldest is changing jobs and is going to be woring at a window and door place.... I am hoping for a company discount.. that would be sweet.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    did anyone else partake in the great ice cream offer at Sobey's?? This week buy ANY 3 tubs of Ice Cream varieties ( I bought the cheapest ones @ $3.99 each ) and get 75 Bonus Air Miles!! The ice cream is for DH and DD. The AM are for me!!
    75 AM for a $12.00 OOP, not bad. I redeemed 95 AM first to get the 25 AM offer and then paid the remainder of the bill using my Sobeys Gift Card. ( I had also bought Cashmere )
    The Sobeys flyer for the West for icecream is $4.99 each + 40AM wub2
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning everyone from Thailand-this is our last stop-then heading back to Singapore and flying home on Monday. DH says it is due to get above freezing when I return so that is a good thing!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

TGIF, what a week. My parents sold their house and my dad has his knee replaced all within 24 hours. So my weekends will now be spent driving down to help pack 32 years of stuff. I spent the day in London sitting at the hospital on Wednesday and @Giseledta is not kidding what wild weather, I am glad I kept my snow tires on because its a 3 hour drive home for me and it was late. @sweet sparrow the Starbucks reward comes when you register a gift card of any amount & depending on how much you spend you get different perks but everyone gets the free drink and it can get anything you want so even the fancy expensive.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lilo, hope your dad heals well.

Gosh, I always hoped for knees replacement surgery, but my Ortho said I am not a candidate because I am too prone to infections (and were that to happen, the replacement is taken out and they put in a rod, which is hell). Yeah, so I have to live with hobbling... As long as possible.

Bit of shopping done yesterday, not much this week but at least to Co-op for dollar days.

Now the windchill is -32, this is just crappy!

Have a great day, all!
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Apr 6th, 2018 at 02:03 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I had refused to wear my winter coat for over 2 weeks but once this cold snap with snow came back I happily put it back on
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Good morning everyone from Thailand-this is our last stop-then heading back to Singapore and flying home on Monday. DH says it is due to get above freezing when I return so that is a good thing!
    Do try to eat at a food court with the amazing food stalls indoors! Singapore has great food culture!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    TGIF, what a week. My parents sold their house and my dad has his knee replaced all within 24 hours. So my weekends will now be spent driving down to help pack 32 years of stuff. I spent the day in London sitting at the hospital on Wednesday and @Giseledta is not kidding what wild weather, I am glad I kept my snow tires on because its a 3 hour drive home for me and it was late. @sweet sparrow the Starbucks reward comes when you register a gift card of any amount & depending on how much you spend you get different perks but everyone gets the free drink and it can get anything you want so even the fancy expensive.
    Wow, @lilo0003 , you are Wonder Woman this week! You must be glad that your parents are making the move and you've done lots of preparations for this move! Hope your father has great health team supporting his post-surgery recovery!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

So last night, epic fail trying to get the minimum $10 subtotal before taxes at Sobeys. After waiting in a long checkout, then trying to do self-checkout and finding out I cannot redeem Air Miles at Self-Checkout (missed seeing the signs so facepalm time), I was directed to a Customer service checkout-first the one that was actually open then someone opened the closed one for me. I only had the $10 Cash Miles and one loonie. When I was told I was 40 cents short of redemption (and the 95 miles were not showing as I did not get $10 spend), I said that I give up, I'm not going to try to find 40 cents of merchandise after three checkout lineups and walked out.

Managed to use the $10 today at Rexall-did not find the flyer special of Clover leaf tuna (4 for $5) but pop and chips and two marked down Easter treats and a bag did get me to redemption time.

Popped into Talize after reading of @coupon girl 's recent buys. There's actually a pair of navy poly/rayon pants of interest but it is marked 14S so they might be too short. Also saw a couple of long skirts to contemplate about possible alterating one fine day if they are there on a future trip.

The Wine Shop at Sobeys Extra Ancaster is now located as an open store next to the beer fridges on the west side of the store. Their smaller hole in the wall shop was being emptied and renovated.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I called ensure for coupons,will see if I receive Something in the mail now.Called a french compagny for a complain and they will send remplacement coupons.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Sobeys tonight bought pizza, smokies, milk, chocolate milk, liquid D-drops.
    $104.xx oop, earned 398 Air Miles = $41.89 towards another shopping trip.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Apr 11th, 2018 at 11:46 PM. Reason: was going by memory and the amount of Air Miles wasn’t right
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

By reading all the deals with airmiles I am tempted to subscribe to airmiles but in qc it work just at iga and metro I think.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath-i have an airmiles card and I only use it at lcbo the odd time I go there ,metro the odd time I go there and now sobeys -I would get it if I were you as you can now get show passes under dream miles unless you go for the cash option miles

-was out the door at 7.00 a.m this morning wanted to partake in shoppers 20 times the points when you spend $50.00 before we go to Toronto at 10.30-I spent 48.74 because I had 8.25 in cpns and got 20times a total of 15,900 points today -I am missing 2 offers of points so put those thru to inquiry ,a few deals I got
    (4) arm and hammer laundry soap 2.47 on clearance -1.00 cpn=1.47
    (4) royale velour toilet paper 3.99-.75 cpn on 3 and 1.00 cpn on one =3.24 and 2.99 each ( I will give my daughter one today and a laundry soap also)
    (1) oikos 4 pkg 3.99-600 points -.25 caddle=3.14
    eggs for 1.88

the girl commented wow your cpns covered your taxes $5.19 and then some -way to shop

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    So happy the weekend is here, it has been a long couple of weeks and I do not think things are going to slow down for at least another month or so.

It was announced this week that my boss is retiring at the end of June so a few projects now have an accelerated completion date as we want them done before he leaves.

Last night on my way home I stopped at Zehrs to grab Almond Milk and Pasta Sauce. They had a 3 day sale on the Hunt's Think & Rich which I like to use when we make a baked Pasta Dish as I find some of the thinner sauces dry out the dish when baked.

Mom is working today so I am hoping to get some cooking done today to have some food ready to go. As well I will probably tackle the laundry.

Going to enjoy a cup of tea before I start my day. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, it's going to be a busy day for me - hopefully I can slowly get everything done.

Horrid news in our province about an awful bus crash of jr. hockey players

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/425653...a/#post6883898

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information